Closed Thread
Page 94 of 102 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bianca1811 View Post
    Hi,

I am new to this forum and thread and hope i am doing this okay! apologies if I mess it up.

I am currently 8 weeks pregnant and have been speaking with Dr M. I am due to fly to Sydney this Saturday for intralipid infusion. Has anyone had this done in Sydney? I have seen that someone has had it done in Perth and that would be a huge benefit but no idea where to start.

I have high level NKC and also an autoimmune issue. This is pregnancy number four so fingers crossed this little one sticks

Would love any advice you could offer.

Have tried to get some more info from G but like the rest of you can have some issues getting replies.

Thank you
    Hi Bianca

I had intralipids in Perth, i live in Perth. Where do you live? They are fine, doesnt hurt or make you feel sick, it just takes quite a few hours to get done through iv infusion so you will need a day off work or do what i do and get it in late afternoon so you can work the morning. Congratulations on your pregnancy, the intralipids cant hurt a pregnancy so no harm doing it even if you dont have hogh nkc. Good luck xx if there are any questions just write them on here and someone will help, i have asked loads of questions and got heaps of answers from the girls here ☺
    Last edited by ECM1981; 04-03-2016 at 18:28.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi EMC1981

Thank you for your reply. I am in Spearwood. Lucky with the long weekend we are making the most of a trip to Sydney, it was only booked a week ago after speaking with Dr M.

Thanks for the info on the intralipid. I'm feeling much better about this pregnancy so hopefully that is a good sign

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bianca1811 For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (04-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Bianca,

I'm also pregnant with my fourth pregnancy after 3 miscarriages. I'm currently 23 weeks and all seems to be going well. As far as I'm concerned getting this far is all down to Dr M.

I've had 3 lots of intralipids with him and have a fourth and final one booked in for a couple of weeks. It's a long and boring process but is pretty much pain free. I presume you're having it at hurstville? If so you'll have a saline solution for an hour to prep your system then Dr M will come and set up the intralipid. It varies what time it finishes (depends what time he comes!) somewhere between 10pm and midnight. Then you'll have a final saline solution which is pretty quick. You'll have your own room and a meal, so it's not too bad.

Hope that all makes sense and best of luck with your pregnancy. :-)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Autumn Sun For This Useful Post:

ladyr  (04-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have had 3 intralipids with Dr M at Hurstville Private Hospital. You get in at 2 then go to your room and wait. Wait for Doc to put in drip in then nurse to attach drip and ask 100 questions and then Dr M comes in about 5pm and put intralipid drip goes and does his other patients and then comes back answers any questions, gives you scripts if you need. The intralipid takes about 5hrs. Then nurse comes in again and you get another saline drip to flush it out and then on your way. You get dinner and a snack and tea. Nice hospital just takes 8 plus hours so can get boring. Make sure you bring something to do but there is a TV with free to air channels.
    Best of luck!
    Last edited by Olive79; 04-03-2016 at 20:14.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just had my appointment with Dr M this afternoon. We are going to need a top up LIT next month but should hopefully fit in an embryo transfer before then. We have also added neupogen to the mix 10 day before transfer and if we get a BFP we will do a combination IVIG and intralipids, starting with Intralipids before transfer. If last MC was not chromosonal we will prob just do IVIG, should get results next week.
    He has also put me on DHEA and Melatonin to help improve egg quality in prep for another egg pick up if I need it.
    We will also do Dexamthasone times 3 tabs, Clexane, Progesterone and probably Progynova depending on natural or medicated cycle.
    Hope the wait for AF is short, it has bern 4 werks since MC so hopefull AF arrives soon!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Olive79 For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (04-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Bianca1811 if you are in Spearwood WA i am just next door in yangebup!! Good luck with your first intralipid. If you would like to do the next ones closer to home Dr Saba does it from Glengarry private hospital. Its $650 and room covered if you have private health.the dose is 500mls. You just need a referral from GP to see him i think but you could always call his rooms and ask for his nurse Karla, she is very helpful and friendly. We are going to Sydney next weekend for out first LIT treatment ☺

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Hop over here to the new thread please.