Closed Thread
Page 93 of 102 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello all,

We had our phone consult at 5 this evening and Dr G is so lovely. He gave me a list of things we have to take plus a few blood tests for T cells and E cells. He sounds very confident in helping us and said the problem isn't so much implantation (even though I have never been pregnant following all our IVF rooms) but my husbands sperm quality and my egg quality.
    So why do I still feel so scared? So is it all so overwhelming? My husband wasn't home in time from work when DrG rang and asked about the cost of it all. Would you believe I didn't even ask this.
    Sorry about the off load ladies I am going through a tough time at the moment besides this problem. My beautiful Mum died 6 and a half years ago due to medical negligence and we are at the point in proceedings where we have had the coroners inquest finally and now due to he fact that the coroner told us to get representation due to the representation from the doctor and hospital at fault we are in debt to the barristers and lawyer. All so we could get the truth into my mums death. At the moment myself my sister and my father are all at the stage where we have to go in front of a medical panel to prove our mental state since and because of my mums death. We can't talk about it publicly because of litigation and the "having trouble to conceive" issue for us is something we don't talk about either. So we are trapped in this hell that just won't end.
    I feel like on here I am anonymous enough and around people who totally understand me in terms of the IVF issues. Would just love to hear more positive success stories from Dr G's patients xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @jojoniss sorry you are having such a tough time. Its sounds like an extremely stressfull and sad time for you. Im glad you got to speak to Dr M, and i think feeling overwhelmed is normal. When i got off the phone to him i had a million questions i didnt ask and wanted to know and then with all the thinking and googling i got quite anxious too. I have plenty of mini anxiet moments everyday about it all and sometimes hopeful moments too. What kind of treatments did he suggest to you? All i can tell you is how much my tests cost- for our dq a/b testing he bulk billed us so we so far have not received a bill and hopfully wont. But this was not the full test and my understanding is that the full test at his lab or lab in sydney is approx 600pp? I could be wrong there. I am getting LIT so thats costing us 1100 plus airfares from perth and accomodation x 2 times. We will get either intralipids (650 a go x2) or ivig (around 2000!! Thats what i was told by my perth Dr). This is an extremely cost and stressful thing to go through on its own let alone with your added stresses to do with your mum. It must be terribly hard for you all. Im doing my next cycle in June so i hope to have a positive story to share with you. I think there are a lot of positive stories from Dr M so i think you are in to a good thing with him. Hang in there and you can always ring Dr Ms rooms and get prices of G. Xx

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ECM1981 For This Useful Post:

Jojosniss  (03-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ECM1981 View Post
    Hi @jojoniss sorry you are having such a tough time. Its sounds like an extremely stressfull and sad time for you. Im glad you got to speak to Dr M, and i think feeling overwhelmed is normal. When i got off the phone to him i had a million questions i didnt ask and wanted to know and then with all the thinking and googling i got quite anxious too. I have plenty of mini anxiet moments everyday about it all and sometimes hopeful moments too. What kind of treatments did he suggest to you? All i can tell you is how much my tests cost- for our dq a/b testing he bulk billed us so we so far have not received a bill and hopfully wont. But this was not the full test and my understanding is that the full test at his lab or lab in sydney is approx 600pp? I could be wrong there. I am getting LIT so thats costing us 1100 plus airfares from perth and accomodation x 2 times. We will get either intralipids (650 a go x2) or ivig (around 2000!! Thats what i was told by my perth Dr). This is an extremely cost and stressful thing to go through on its own let alone with your added stresses to do with your mum. It must be terribly hard for you all. Im doing my next cycle in June so i hope to have a positive story to share with you. I think there are a lot of positive stories from Dr M so i think you are in to a good thing with him. Hang in there and you can always ring Dr Ms rooms and get prices of G. Xx
    Thanks ECM1981 it's unbelievably hard right now.
    He didn't go much into the treatment side yet he said he wanted me to start taking
    DHEA 2 a day
    Melatonin 1 a day
    Co- Q- 10 300 mg a day
    Vitamin E 1000
    Caltrain Plus 1 a day
    To strengthen my eggs and get them ready for IVF

Then husband is on
    Co- Q19 300 mg
    Vitamin E same as me
    Vitamin C 1tab day
    L- carnithrine 2 Grams a day
    For sperm

(I hope he clarifies all this in an email to me. I know a few are prescription so hopefully will email through the rest to me)

Also he will test us only for T and E cells in our blood as Dr NL did all our gene testing and so many blood tests and NK cell tests last year.

We will be on his stuff for 2-3 months and then start IVF. He said he would discuss our treatment once we have had those blood tests.
    All all promising he said implantation should be fine he just wants to determine the quality of our egg/ sperm/ embryo that's the only thing he said he is questioning.
    I feel better since I got it all off my chest. So much going on so much heartache in the past but we have to trust

Thank you again for you time in replying.
    I hope so desperately you get your precious bundle EMC1981 x

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jojosniss For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (03-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I haven't posted here for a long while.

Except one day he forgot to call and me took the day off waiting by the phone the whole evening. Well, G said that he didn't get through the phone. I doubt it......anyway, drm did make it up the next day after hrs. The bank transfer is very awkward. Why don't they take card?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (03-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @jojoniss sometimes all you need is to vent. I was panicking after our phone call thinking how are we going to afford everything and do it all, we were also looking for our next donor and were having hiccups with that. My husband made me make a list of all the things we had to do so i did and it helped me calm down a bit. Maybe write down all your new info so at least you can sleep a bit tonight without your mind racing. You have had a tough time, lots of heartache. Dont forget to do little things each day to take your mind of everything even for half an hour. I usually go for a walk or veg out watching Brooklyn 99. That always makes me laugh. Xxx
    @bbhope thay would have made me so angry! I have to take time off work too being from perth and i am often out of range. Cant wait to see the rooms, to see if they are also stuck in a timewarp!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ECM1981 For This Useful Post:

Jojosniss  (04-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,

I am new to this forum and thread and hope i am doing this okay! apologies if I mess it up.

I am currently 8 weeks pregnant and have been speaking with Dr M. I am due to fly to Sydney this Saturday for intralipid infusion. Has anyone had this done in Sydney? I have seen that someone has had it done in Perth and that would be a huge benefit but no idea where to start.

I have high level NKC and also an autoimmune issue. This is pregnancy number four so fingers crossed this little one sticks

Would love any advice you could offer.

Have tried to get some more info from G but like the rest of you can have some issues getting replies.

Thank you

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Bianca1811 For This Useful Post:

Jojosniss  (04-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I thought i would give a positive story.

His receptionist called me yestetday!!

My next appointment is Friday to follow.up my pregnancy and drug regimen

But she called, checked in and someone was trying to get hold.lf me as i had forgotten to pick up a script. Oops

So yes old school, but it works

Noth getting people pregnant and he calls

Just have faith

I rememebr when i did the transfer i was like goodbye money
    But i could tell so many woman in here had wondeful stories to share and dr m comes through

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Velvet16 For This Useful Post:

Jojosniss  (04-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bianca1811 View Post
    Hi,

I am new to this forum and thread and hope i am doing this okay! apologies if I mess it up.

I am currently 8 weeks pregnant and have been speaking with Dr M. I am due to fly to Sydney this Saturday for intralipid infusion. Has anyone had this done in Sydney? I have seen that someone has had it done in Perth and that would be a huge benefit but no idea where to start.

I have high level NKC and also an autoimmune issue. This is pregnancy number four so fingers crossed this little one sticks

Would love any advice you could offer.

Have tried to get some more info from G but like the rest of you can have some issues getting replies.

Thank you
    Can't give advice but huge congratulation and all the best xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ECM1981 View Post
    @jojoniss sometimes all you need is to vent. I was panicking after our phone call thinking how are we going to afford everything and do it all, we were also looking for our next donor and were having hiccups with that. My husband made me make a list of all the things we had to do so i did and it helped me calm down a bit. Maybe write down all your new info so at least you can sleep a bit tonight without your mind racing. You have had a tough time, lots of heartache. Dont forget to do little things each day to take your mind of everything even for half an hour. I usually go for a walk or veg out watching Brooklyn 99. That always makes me laugh. Xxx
    @bbhope thay would have made me so angry! I have to take time off work too being from perth and i am often out of range. Cant wait to see the rooms, to see if they are also stuck in a timewarp!!
    Thank you EMC1981 that does help a lot. No one knows what the struggle is like except for you lovely ladies. So glad to have this forum. Dr M just emailed through script and blood test requests for me and hubby so we will take it from there. Thank you thank you for all the positive stories I hope those of us ho haven't had one yet get it very very soon xxx

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Jojosniss For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (04-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Velvet16 View Post
    I thought i would give a positive story.

His receptionist called me yestetday!!

My next appointment is Friday to follow.up my pregnancy and drug regimen

But she called, checked in and someone was trying to get hold.lf me as i had forgotten to pick up a script. Oops

So yes old school, but it works

Noth getting people pregnant and he calls

Just have faith

I rememebr when i did the transfer i was like goodbye money
    But i could tell so many woman in here had wondeful stories to share and dr m comes through
    This is true @Velvet16 we have to just try. So happy for you on you pregnancy I hope it goes well and you are feeling wonderful xoxox