Closed Thread
Page 92 of 102 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladies bit of advice! We have our first phone consult with DrM tomorrow evening "sometime". I have emailed to make sure it's still on as I have heard nothing since we organised the consult 6 weeks ago! I'm not prepared to deposit the $300 for the consult when they can't even email with a time? Am I being silly? It's a lot of money to transfer if there's no appointment time?? I have read some of you have had problems getting onto them too. What should I do? For them to get the money on time I will have to do it today but I don't want to be chasing up for an appointment if we aren't even on the books for tomorrow. So frustrated with it all as it is.

Sorry for the whinge X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Jojosniss. I agree it does feel dodgy but he will call you on the date you were told he will call you. I think because he doesn't know when consulting will finish for the day and he may also have some paperwork he wants to do so that is why he calls after hours. He can call at 7 or 8pm so don't stress if it is 6pm and he hasn't called.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to calypso75 For This Useful Post:

Jojosniss  (02-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by calypso75 View Post
    Hi @Jojosniss. I agree it does feel dodgy but he will call you on the date you were told he will call you. I think because he doesn't know when consulting will finish for the day and he may also have some paperwork he wants to do so that is why he calls after hours. He can call at 7 or 8pm so don't stress if it is 6pm and he hasn't called.
    Thank you @Calypso. I have just emailed again. My husband has said wait until they have the courtesy to get back to us but I don't want to miss the appointment if he will call. This journey is so hard. Communication is so important from doctors to patients

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by midnite01 View Post
    Although i have a feeling that the medical expenses offset might have stopped now.
    I'm fairly sure they have too.

Quote Originally Posted by calypso75 View Post
    Thanks calypso - I have my first telephone consult with him in March, and whilst I wasn’t concerned about depositing the money and he not calling, I did wonder whether he may have to reschedule (but hoping not). Good to know he’ll call after hours if so.

Can anyone tell me if an actual GP referral is needed for Dr M? I have an appt with my GP on Friday so only too happy to request this at the same time, but unsure (it does ask for a provider no. on the registration forms, hence my query).
    Last edited by ladyr; 02-03-2016 at 14:28.

Thanks
    Reviews
    They probably wont get back to you

I always deposit a few days before my consult to ensure they habe the funds

Feels dodgy
    But you have waited 6weeks if you dont pay you will have to possibly wait another 6

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jee Jee View Post
    Hi! I got MTHFR result back already. I am homozygous for c 677 TT . Has anyone have homozygous C677 TT to getting pregnant with naturally ? Also I checked some website about MTHFR treatment , some websites showed about people have c677tt homozygous should be take folate , but my friend told me, she also has C677 t homozyhous just take Elevit ( ingredients folic acid). she got second pregnancy now . I am quite confused about which supplements (folate or folic acid )actually work for homozygous ?? That s different supplements ingredient folate from natural , but the other ingredient folic acid from half chemical something. thanks!
    Yes. Me i posted my story a few posts back

I would not ve taking elevit with myhfr

Folate
    B6 and b12

Yout body doesnt like folate acid

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Velvet16 For This Useful Post:

Jee Jee  (02-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Velvet16 View Post
    They probably wont get back to you

I always deposit a few days before my consult to ensure they habe the funds

Feels dodgy
    But you have waited 6weeks if you dont pay you will have to possibly wait another 6
    My thoughts too. Bugger that! I'm even getting tests (through reading this and other threads) I think he'll be interested in to save the time.. My appt's not until 17 March.

Thanks
    Reviews
    They don't communicate by emails at the office so doubt you will get a response. It is very old fashioned all all cash and handwritten stuff. He will call after he has seen his patients for the day. Not dodgy just not very 20th century!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Majeen For This Useful Post:

Jojosniss  (02-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Majeen View Post
    They don't communicate by emails at the office so doubt you will get a response. It is very old fashioned all all cash and handwritten stuff. He will call after he has seen his patients for the day. Not dodgy just not very 20th century!
    Thank you @Majeen that's fine just so used to surgeries being more tech savvy especially when you are paying so much! Don't care if it works!

Thanks
    Reviews
    One thing I have learnt about Dr M rooms is that if she gives you a date it will happen as unorganized as it seems. I was booking in for intralipids and just gave her the date I wanted she said all good be there at 2 on Sat and if the hospital does not contact you don't worry just show up it will all be organised. 4 hospital visits later and they have never failed me.

I now get emailed receipts for my major expenses which is a step up from the hand written ones. I still get them for consults though.

You only really need a referral if you want to claim back from Medicare. However there is no rebate from phone consults.

I have an appointment with Dr M on Friday. Hopefully coming up with new treatment as I had a MC 3 weeks ago on treatment. DH and I have a full dq gene alpha match and a 50% beta match. Also some slightly elevated NK cells. Hoping Dr M xan give us our biological miracle!
    Last edited by Olive79; 02-03-2016 at 21:34.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Olive79 For This Useful Post:

Jojosniss  (03-03-2016),ladyr  (03-03-2016)