Closed Thread
Page 86 of 102 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ECM1981 View Post
    Jojo was this what you got from Dr M? I would really like him to do the same for me, i would like something to read through so that i can do a bit of research too x
    No ECM1981. Dr NL did this for us. He has been amazing but has just said he thinks for us our best option is sperm donor or surrogacy which is great but we just one one more opinion before we do surrogacy and hopefully Dr M is the one.
    The book "Is your body baby Friendly" by Dr Alan Beer it explains the natural killer cells and the DQ Alpha genes.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jojosniss For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (18-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Embryo transfer with dq match

Hi ladies, I dont have Dr Beers book yet but I am wondering if he has an opinion on how many embryos to transfer if you have a dq alpha match with your partner? I have read on dr sher's blog that he says to only transfer one at a time because if you have a partiL dq alpha match then you have a 50-50 chance of the embryo being rejected because each embryo has a 50-50 chance of being matched. I'm not sure if I am explaining myself well but does anyone have an opinion on how they have come to decide on how many embryos to transfer if doing ivf? I have always transferred 2 with my donor cycles. I feel like it gave me a better chance of one of them sticking but now I'm not sure what to do. Dr M said it didn't matter and I could transfer 2, what to do what to do?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @ecm, we had a similar conversation with Dr. M and he wasn't fussed whether it was one or two. But I probably read the same thing as you and we are opting for one this time. We have always transferred two previously but we have decided to go for one this time xx

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SalSA2015 For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (19-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Jojo,

Our dq numbers were 0105 and 0505 from memory. I then had high levels of cd 56 natural killer cells. Nearly 90 percent in the uterus and 70 percent in the blood.. I feel you are doing the right thing getting a second opinion with Dr. M. We have done first session of LIT and will also be taking neupogena injections closer to time. He also said to take extra estrogen to increase the lining so I'm waiting for change in medication from CT. He wants lining between 8mm and 10mm. Xx

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SalSA2015 For This Useful Post:

Jojosniss  (19-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    If there are any girls from Perth Dr Saba now does HLA testing. This is great because it saves a lot of money by not having to not fly to sydney. You can also work with both him and Dr M, Dr S is happy to help. I am seeing him next week to discuss our blood results for the HLA testing requested by Dr M. It will be good to talk to someone in person and get some more insight into all of this! Just thought i would share because having a Dr in Perth is extremely helpful when trying to coordinate everything from over east. Hopefully Dr S will be able to do everything that Dr M does for us ladies here in the West

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls, I need some help. I got the DQ alpha test result sent to me. I tried to book an app with Dr M but I have to wait two weeks. ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1455874690.888219.jpgImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1455874707.440311.jpg
    Could anyone help me explain the result? Do we have a match? Is there a problem there?

Thanks so much girls! X

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can't tell which the DQ numbers are, suspecting are they 0301 and 0303? Hopefully one of the ladies on here can help.. If not, there is a Facebook group called 'RISKIT' (you need to PM them to add you) and the will definitely be able to help interpret (most are Braverman & international patients but wealth of knowledge).. Personally I'm not 100% convinced (but I've still done LIT..), if one of you is 0303 then that means one your parents had a match too... Are you a coeliac?
    Last edited by Riaki; 19-02-2016 at 20:11. Reason: typo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your reply Riaki.
    The 03 03 one is my husband's result. He is the only child because his parents didn't want any more children. His mum had a miscarriage before him.
    I just searched the RISKIT Facebook group, but couldn't find it. Is there a link you can send me? X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All. I have a full DQ Gene Alpha match and have had 6 MC before finding out and am getting treatment from Dr M. I recently suffered my 7th MC 2weeks ago at 9 weeks. I have done LIT treatment in Oct 2015 and have had 3 intralipid infusions with him. I do IVF so started clexane, dexamthasone, progynova 2 weeks before transfer and 1000mg of progesterone on day of transfer.
    Just wondering if anyone has had their take home baby with a full match? I am hoping this last MC was chromosonal as it had an enlarged yolk sac and that there is hope with this treatment, should get results back in 3 weeks.
    I see Dr M again on the 4th March and am curious abot neupogen that I have been reading about on this thread. Can anyone please give me some info?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Olive79, were any of the other MCs tested chromosomally? Did GM not test your NK cells? Haven't got experience with Neupogen (also know as Filgrastim) (yet) but I know Braverman swears by it & IVIG. Have you had endo ruled out? We're your losses getting earlier each time?