Closed Thread
Page 74 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    ECM1981 - those tests are good but no you haven't been given a referral for matches - call Gwyneth & ask that they send you & your partner a referral for dq alpha HLA matches asap... Dr M never tested us for this since oct 2013 when I first saw him... Dr nick L at Monash did a few months ago & it's bad so we did LIT with dr M. I am mad that dr m never tested - why should I be the one to ask & figure it out? Thank god for Nick otherwise we could've wasted another 4 blasties & $40k or whatever it was in 2014... Get what you want, you are on the right track. I remember now that I called Gwyneth over a year ago & asked for the match test & I never heard back. Don't ever rely on her, be vigilant for yourself. Good luck! I live in Sydney & Miranda is 100miles away too, not like Perth though huh?! Take care, one thing I've learned the hard way is to be patient, thorough & get all your ducks in a row before doing a transfer xxx

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PreciousHeart For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (20-01-2016),yjeu  (20-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies can't recall who was asking about CoQ10 - this stuff is magic, highly encourage 600mg a day of good quality one - bioceuticals is a great brand & they have a more bio available one now so you could take less... This is for egg quality & energy - it also protects the outer shell from ICSI damage. Take it for min 3 months prior to egg collection. Expensive but worth it, especially if you're doing PGD xxx

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PreciousHeart For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (20-01-2016),Velvet16  (20-01-2016),yjeu  (20-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks girls for your support ☺ yeah i was pretty annoyed yesterday because i had my appt with Dr M last Wed and still hasn't got my blood test requests so I rang for them, and didnt get them all through. Just chasing everyone and everything down and gets frustrating after a while, calling during work etc. Im sure you can all relate. Does anyone in perth know if you can be tested for DQ alpha here or will i have to travel to sydney? Should I try to get a phone consult with Monash for the Dq alpha?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by PreciousHeart View Post
    Hi ladies can't recall who was asking about CoQ10 - this stuff is magic, highly encourage 600mg a day of good quality one - bioceuticals is a great brand & they have a more bio available one now so you could take less... This is for egg quality & energy - it also protects the outer shell from ICSI damage. Take it for min 3 months prior to egg collection. Expensive but worth it, especially if you're doing PGD xxx
    In medical journals
    It's actually recommended to take 1.5 to 2 grams!!

Which is what in on, it's a lot.
    But worth it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'll post one of the areas I got it from when I get home as can't get it on my phone

It's saved in a Facebook group I'm in.

It's a lot but FS agreed, and dr m didnt say anything either way when I told hin

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Velvet16 For This Useful Post:

Charlie74  (20-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I also would like to share something amazing about COQ10
    After read the book "it starts with the egg" by Rebecca Fett, my husband and I took it for nearly three months before my second ivf egg collection.
    My first ivf: got 10 eggs and left 4 made it to PGD, and only ONE chromosome normal embryo left!
    But after took CoQ10 for nearly three months, my second ivf got 8 eggs took, also 4 made it to PGD and there were THREE back normal!
    However, I need to address that I also took coQ10 that I got from pharmacy before my first ivf, it obviously not very useful...then after read "it starts with the egg" I know that I need to get the COQ10 that especially marked "UBIQUINOL" on the bottle, that's the micronized form of COQ10 according to the book, and I believe this kind of COQ10 is much helpful with my egg quality
    oh and I took 300mg per day, my husband took it too coz the book says it also helps the morphology of sperm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello ladies,
    Back in March last year it was found that after 4 full rounds of IVF and 6 failed transfers that my husband and I have complete DQ Alpha matches causing me to create large amounts of NK cells.
    When we went back to see Dr Nick Lolagist who gave us our diagnoses he gave the following options
    We could try with him to fall pregnant using our own embryos (which are perfect) and he could give me blood transfusions using husbands blood. He has said this has worked before but it only gives us a 30% success rate of working.
    Surrogacy and we have been looking into it in Canada but he cost it looking to be in arrears of $100,000 worse case scenario.
    Or Speam donor which to be honest is so hard to get my head around when our embryos are perfect and we could have our own biological child if money was no issue.
    Would love some feed back from anyone who has had the blood transfusions or gone down the surrogacy path here or overseas.
    Thanks ladies feeling very lost.
    Kind Regards Jo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Jojosniss, have you seen GM who tests for further HLA matches? I'm assuming you tried LIT, intralipids, Dex, etc? What about Neupagen? Have embies been PGD'd? Have you had any\many BFPs/MCs?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Riaki For This Useful Post:

Jojosniss  (20-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Riaki View Post
    Hi @Jojosniss, have you seen GM who tests for further HLA matches? I'm assuming you tried LIT, intralipids, Dex, etc? What about Neupagen? Have embies been PGD'd? Have you had any\many BFPs/MCs?
    Thank you so much for getting back to me Riaki. No we haven't done any rounds with Dr Nick L he just diagnosed us last March and we took some time off and looked into other options such as adoption then when we went back to him in December he said our options were surrogacy or sperm donor.
    I have never been pregnant or had a miscarriage.
    Who is GM? I also haven't done any of the processes you have described above.
    Thank you so much. Need this feedback so desperately we are so suck X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi jojo, i feel for you and your husband. Its a very complex situation to be in and most people would never have to even consider options like this! My hubby and i are almost in the same boat. Im trying to find someone in perth to test for DQ Alpha. So im not at the same stagr as you but we have considered what we will do if that turns out to be our problem. I have never been pregnant either after 4.5 years of trying, 7 cycles, 1 trans with my own eggs and then 3 failed donor egg transfers due to my poor egg quality. We r also cystic fibrosis carriers. The option we are most likely to go with if we are DQ A match is donor egg and donor sperm. The reasons we have decided on this is because of success rate and money. We have spent approx 70k already. Im nervous of surrogacy because im afraid of the surrogate refusing to hand the baby over, and if we have to use donor eggs well the baby is no more mine then it is hers. The LIT we have only looked into a small bit. It has not been an easy desicion to make and i could go on and on for ever about many more reasons for and against. My brain and my head and my body and our hearts are tired of this fertility journey. We just want to have a family and are going with the option that offers the most successful outcomes. There are loads of opinions ppl will have and I wrestle with them to always. Am i veing selfish, what if the baby hates the way it was conceived once its older etc but we know how much love we have to give and we want to raise a child to be a good person happy with life. I wish adoption was easier in this country because we would definitely xonsider it but its just not. Anyway thats how we are thinking and feeling as we try to move forward in our quest for a family. Everything takes time to get used to and you just have to take your time. Goodluck, your not alone. Stay strong i know its hard, i have been feeling lost for so long but I just hope one day we will get the child we dream of. Xxxx

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ECM1981 For This Useful Post:

Caesardust  (21-01-2016),Jojosniss  (20-01-2016)