Closed Thread
Page 70 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by maonu View Post
    I went for another ivfa treatment. First try with Dr M. Finally got implantation but m/c at 6 weeks. It took me time to recover from these.

I had high thyroid antibodies. The more googling I did online, the more I believe it is to do with m/c and many years of no implantation during ttc.

Am trying to recover now physically and mentally.

All I want to tell those who are "unexplained" is that please check your thyroid antibodies. My TSH is normal and Australian doctors seldom check thyroid antibodies .

The immune treatment did help to bring down Nkc and thyroid antibodies I think, but the thyroid antibodies can cause m/c.

If someone else have hashimoto disease( high thyroid antibodies) but did manage to keep the pregnancy, please share your story. I just need some hope.
    Hi Maonu,
    Im so sorry to hear what you have been through/ are currently going through. I'm new to this thread and also have high thyroid antibodies, I have had two previous miscarriages and believe I'm at the beginning of a third so don't have a personal positive story however I did come across this perhaps hopeful study

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4165956/

The study was performed on people with no other issues other than high thyroid antibodies (abnormal anti-TPO levels) however perhaps combined with Dr M's protocol it may be beneficial? It's a study on the use of Levothyroxine in women who have recurrent pregnancy loss.
    The results indicated that with treatment of Levothyroxine (amount varied to how high the levels were) in these women resulted in an 82.85% success in pregnancy and the thyroid antobodies decreased) I'm on Thyroxocine as previously prescribed by FS but have not yet been on it 2 months to know if it has lowered the antibodies and only have the lowest dose every second day. I have to monitor my thyroid levels to make sure they don't go overactive as the levels themselves are actually normal so that would be one concern, but otherwise might be an option? or are you already on Thyroxocine? Are your thyroid levels normal and you just have the antibodies or are they under active as well? Sorry if I'm being intrudsive, You don't have to answer if you don't want to!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie74 View Post
    Hi @Lulee!! No apologies! That's what these forums are for hon! Share as much as u are happy to ; )

If I was u I'd get on the phone tomoro and get an appt with Dr M ASAP. If ur not in Sydney he does phone appts.

Can I ask what your other symptoms are that u mention in relation to ur high ANA? I also have very high ANA & high thyroid antibodies. I don't really think I have any symptoms of anything.. I wouldn't know I have any of this if it wasn't for IVF testing. So I'm interested to hear what ur symptoms are.

Am really sorry to hear of ur miscarriages. Hopefully you can get onto Dr M & he can help you like he's helped so many others in here.
    Thanks Charlie, I think I definitely will!
    Yeah of course, my other symptoms are gerd, raynauds, widespread pain (back, chest, tailbone..wherever really) muscle spasms, eye pain, eosophinilc eosophogitis (I don't think I'm spelling that one correctly and not sure if that is related because I've had it for 10 years and is basically inflammation in the eosaphagus that causes food to get stuck at times) and burning skin sensations. All very odd, but I see a GI dr, rheumatologist, neurologist fairly regularly to be monitored and they all agree that it's an autoimmune disease that just hasn't developed properly yet (here's hoping it never does) from what I've been told positive ANA can be quite common in the 'healthy population' as well and is only a concern when accopanied with symtoms so please don't let any of that worry you my mum has hashimotos so I think that's where the thyroid antibodies come from and both my Aunty and Nan had rheumatoid arthritis so I've got a bit of auto immunity in the family which I think increases my risk! I haven't read everything yet, have you tried many cycles with Dr M yet?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Lulee For This Useful Post:

Charlie74  (15-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by islandmonkey View Post
    Cathy - thyroxine isn't for antibodies, it's to replace the thyroid hormones that your body can't make on its own. It does usually help to lower the antibodies (though many other things do that better). But the primary purpose is to ensure you have enough T4 for baby until their own thyroid gland is fully functioning about halfway through a pregnancy.
    Hi Island Monkey,
    Sorry to jump in on this post, I was just wondering what the other things that lower thyroid antibodies better are? I'm just curious because my FS put me on a low dose of thyroxine second daily for the antibodies alone as my thyroid antibody levels are within normal range. Would really love to hear about some other options as well thank you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Antibodies work by inhibiting your thyroid gland from making enough thyroid hormones (T3 and T4) - so it's pretty rare for people with antibodies to have optimal thyroid levels without meds. They might be "within normal range" but not optimal. TSH is just a pituitary hormone and an indirect measure of thyroid function, and the upper limit of the range is generally far too high.

So, options...many people try gluten free and that helps reduce antibodies. My theory is that this helps heal the gut and reduce inflammation, which reduces the autoimmune attack on your thyroid gland. With Hashi's antibodies in particular (anti-TPO and anti-thyroglobulin) you can also test your selenium levels to see if you need to supplement.

Iodine is another potential one - it's a bit controversial as some think it can flare up antibodies, but that's generally only if selenium is low or you actually don't need iodine supplements. For iodine, you need a urine iodine test.

Some see success even with things like acupuncture, to help calm down their immune system. Usually that's if you're really frazzled.

Another option is a different med. Thyroxine is synthetic T4 hormone, but there's a dessicated porcine thyroid med (this is what I take).

There's an Australian facebook group that can be helpful, but can also be a bit overwhelming.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for that Islandmonkey, much appreciated. I'm not sure what the optimal ranges are and tend to find conflicting results when researching. The last time I had my bloods done my T4 was 12.7 T3 was 4.4 and TSH 0.96 and antibodies (per oxidase) were >1300 so way of the charts but the other thyroid antibody was perfectly normal <20. I'll have a chat about it with my FS when I see her next because so far she is the only Dr who believes the antibodies can be an issue without the levels being outside of what is considered normal. Thanks for all the advice

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

Seen M today. My NK cells @ 25% which is very high. No wonder I never experience pregnancy for almost 4 yrs. Was told to start on Dex for 4 weeks and do another blood test. Can some one tell me what is 0505 and 0501 mean from blood test result? Sorry I am new to the immune issues...Thanks all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Legwarmer View Post
    Hi ECM I didn't take Clexane on day of transfer, Dr M told me to skip thst day (I had a successful pregnancy after first cycle of immune treatment with him after 4 failed cycles without immune treatment).

Thanks
    Hi Legwarmer, what were you on with M from start to positive preggie- can you share? I had 3 failed cycles and found I have high NK cells. Plan to have FET in Mar. Start Dex 0.5 today

Thanks
    Reviews
    In the hope that someone is on right now, I am supposed to have my phone appointment with DR M today. It is now 3.30pm in Perth meaning it's 6.30pm in Sydney and I have not heard from him yet. Should I be worried? I'm not sure what time he work until but it's getting late in Sydney. I have waited a lot of weeks for this appointment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Velvet16 View Post
    HI girls
    I have my appointment Wednesday

I have forwarded all my tests and made payment

So I just wait for my call Wednesday (I will b at work)

Or will they ring tomoreow to confirm....?
    Hi Velvet have you had your phone appointment yet? I am still waiting and it's now 3.30pm Perth time so it's getting late in Sydney. I'm getting worried. I hope he has not forgotten me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ECM1981 View Post
    In the hope that someone is on right now, I am supposed to have my phone appointment with DR M today. It is now 3.30pm in Perth meaning it's 6.30pm in Sydney and I have not heard from him yet. Should I be worried? I'm not sure what time he work until but it's getting late in Sydney. I have waited a lot of weeks for this appointment.
    His first day back to work I waited for 2 hrs to get to see him today so hang in there he probably works til med night

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Hopeful59 For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (13-01-2016)