Closed Thread
Page 6 of 102 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Chiefsgirl.. Thanks for the information. I will look into the Dr you have mentioned in Melbourne. There always seems to be something so hopefully the extra immune treatment will work this time .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats Legwarmer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, I am new to this thread. Great to know there is finally an answer why I have 4 miscarriages. FS not seeing immune issues as an issue of my miscarriages and how stupid that I was for not pushing for further testing. My Naturapath doctor suggested MTHFER blood test, I am detected with C6777. She also mentioned Dr Matthias, which I have done blood tests and biopsy. There are antibodies detected, biopsy showed slight high CD57 (not yet see the result slip, only on phone consultation). Dr Matthias suggested Intralipid when pregnant but I ask for one treatment while trying. Dr M said it will last for 6 weeks to 3 months but I researched it can only last for 6 weeks. How long does it last? Can anyone help?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Me again . Last cycle I have started Prednisone from day 14 to day 28, I was hungry in between main meals, so surprised because this is not me. Later, through research, I then realised this is the side effect of the drug. I am starting next cycle of Prednisone soon............hungry, hungry, fat, fat, fat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My Naturapth doctor recommended Dr Atef Saba in Peth who does immune treatments (eg. intralipid, etc.) and is also an OB. I could not find much reviews and feedback of Dr Saba. Has any lady with Dr Saba in Pert for immune treatments? Or can you recommend another Dr to me that you are seeing? Thanks in advance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi snoopybaby

Dr Saba was recommended to me by other nice ladies on this forum. I am seeing dr Matthias and I'll probably see dr Saba if I decide to do intralipids/IVIG in Perth. But for the beginning I'll go in Sydney. I think dr Saba is the only one in Perth that does intralipids. The ladies that are seeing him might give you more details.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi HFAM

Thank you. I also think Dr Saba is the only one in Perth. I have researched but only found him. Not sure would it be a good idea for him to be OB?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Legwarmer View Post
    Frances - how did the scan go. I'm so sorry you had to go through a big bleed and losing one of your precious babies. Hoping like crazy it works out for you.

Just wanted to add that my son Jesse was born on Monday 6:45pm, weighing 3260 grams (7.2 pounds). He arrived 4 weeks early after my waters broke naturally at 1am on Monday. Was put on a syntocin drip to get labour going as wasn't having regular contractions but it hadn't really progressed 16 hours later, so had a c-section in the end, which was scary at the time but the best thing in hindsight and went smoothly. We're still in the hospital as they want him to gain a bit more weight before he can go, as he's lost 500grams since being in here. We're breast and bottle feeding to get his weight up. My God he is incredible. I can't stop crying today just looking at him - instantly worth all the years of heartache and infertility.

Just wanted to let you know my news as encouragement to keep going and hold on to your baby dream. Xx
    Congratulations legwarmer
    It is truly worth it.

Francesthecat - hoping all good things for this pregnancy.
    Last edited by Little Ted; 19-06-2015 at 11:02.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    snoopybaby, i just read your post here. PM you back. There is another FS who does IVF and intralipid. DrS was a FS but is now with his priv practice mainly doing OB/gyno stuff.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just an interesting point about the Intrallipids that I'm sitting here doing right at the moment. Normally the first bag of saline (1 litre) takes an hour, before Dr M comes along and puts on the Intrallipids. However, the hospital today was mighty slow getting organised, and in the end it was almost 3 hours before I got the drip into my hand. 20 minutes later Dr M comes along and starts to fiddle with it, so I say, "no, it hasn't been on long enough, they only put it on 20 minutes ago." He fiddles a bit more, ups the speed, comes back a whole 5 minutes later and changes it across to the Intrallipids. I asked if he was doing a delivery, yes a CS, hence why he had to change the bottle across there and then. He said that he would give me the rest of the saline at the end of the Intrallipids, but I'm unable to fathom how that will be of benefit.