Closed Thread
Page 51 of 102 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Autumnsun I also like you found out me and dp had matches when I was 5weeks pregnant we were already doing intralipid pred clexane and prog. Dr m suggested lit at 13 weeks as different pathways are activated at different times. Like you I freaked out but I'm currently 18weeks today and everything is going well so far.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to miissalina For This Useful Post:

Autumn Sun  (10-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much Miissilina!! That's so reassuring to hear! I spoke to Dr M earlier and after he told me we had a partial match I felt so deflated. He didn't mention the 13 week thing but just suggested that LIT would be a good idea. Congrats to you, this journey is so tough!!

xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Otter View Post
    Just had my Skype with dr m. Apparently we have a partial dq alpha match and dq beta match that dr m thinks may have been activated after the birth of my little one. His advice is to try Neupogen amongst other drugs but I'll need to be monitored while in it as its a Super powerful drug. This means returning home to Sydney for a month before FET- tricky. Has anyone had success on this drug?
    @Otter yes neupogen worked for me. Did Dr M say he needed to monitor you in person while on it? He had me do weekly blood tests while I was on it (as it can mess with your white blood cell count... Think that's right?), the results went straight to
    him each week from Laverty and he told me not to worry unless he contacted me. Then on our monthly phone consults he would discuss the results with me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi legwarmer, yes Dr M said the drug is really powerful and therefore he would need to monitor me while on it. I must admit that after finding out that we have a partial dq alpha and dq beta match plus one hla match I'm finding it hard to muster positivity today. Really hard. Dr M said the hla match isn't that concerning but the dq ones were. I feel I'm getting further and further away from having another baby. Also if I do proceed with treatments I don't know how I'm going to do it from so far away.

Thanks
    Reviews
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1447206080.125808.jpg

Hey ladies, in case your interested... I'm very much a believer in natural health and medicines and trying to get my body right and balanced. (I spent my 20s drinking and living recklessly thinking it all didn't matter). Now I'm 35 and really looking into ways to help myself naturally including for fertility. One thing I know is it all starts with a healthy gut. If that's out the rest of your body can have problems. Today I made my first batch of kefir (probiotic drink). Our modern day diets have a lot to answer for with mental illness and I think even fertility. Most people have inflammation in their body which gets in the way of in working as it should. Anyway my kefir is done and it tastes nice! (Was worried it would be yucky). I just looked up the benefits and they are amazing! If you would like the instructions on how to make inbox me your email and I'll send. Once you have the grains you can use them over and over and if they're happy they even multiply. I'll add the list of benefits below.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Apples1234 For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (12-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Benefits of drinking kefir:

Inhibits the growth of unfriendly bacteria and yeasts, and helps beneficial probiotic microorganisms to colonise and thrive in your digestive tract, and throughout the test of the body (skin, eyes, bladder, vagina, nose, throat, etc).

Contributes to a healthy immune system.

Reduces inflammation.

Helps with the digestion of food and micronutrients. The KEY for health and longevity is good digestion, and a balance of good bacteria are the essential starting point.

Heals, or reduces the symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome IBS) including bloating, indigestion, flatulence, diarrhoea/constipation, nausea, low energy, muscle aches and pains.

Heals intestinal dysbiosis and SIBO (small intestine bacterial overgrowth).

Increased energy and overall feeling of good health.

Can stop unhealthy food cravings, especially for sugars and sweet foods.

Skin complexion and overall condition improves. Brown liver spots / age spots can fade, as can skin tags, moles, warts etc. It can ease or cure many skin conditions, such as psoriasis, eczema and acne.

Hair and nails look healthier, and are strengthened and improved.

Liver cleansing, as in traditional Chinese medicine, thus easing aches and joint pains, and benefiting the eyes.

Glandular ( endocrine) system (adrenals, thyroid, pituitary, ovaries) benefits. Women have healthier periods, some women have periods start again after early menopause.

A tranquillising effect on the nervous system has helped many who suffer from sleep disorders and insomnia, depression, ADHD and autism.

One important thing to remember is only small amounts a day! 1/4 of a cup. I've also quit gluten and sugar to aid my fertility. (Only a month ago) and I'm feeling soooo much better, lighter and happier. Here is a link to an article on "unexplained infertility and diet" - 😊

http://nourishedkitchen.com/unexplained-infertility/

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Apples1234 For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (12-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Lit- how is it made/administered

Hi all immune Ttc ladies. I'm curious, I've been doing some reading on lit treatment but can't quite understand how it is made and administered. Does dr m draw hubbies blood and then inject it into your arm while you are sitting in his clinic or does he draw the blood and send away for it to be prepared and then inject it? Is it something that happens before your eyes like going to the Gp and having a blood test?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Otter

There is no way it is a straight transfer of blood from your partner to you as Australian laws mean all blood needs to be tested for a certain number of diseases before it can be either transfused to another person or made into any other product, no matter the relationship between the people.

My limited understanding is that it is only the white blood cells that are transferred and that seperation of cells and production of the final injection would have to be done by a Registered Blood Product manufacturer or more probably a company called CSL.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Apples1234 how long until you notice improvements realistically? Also i have a problem with eliminating sulphur from my body and have been told to avoid acidophilus and another one i cant remember. Do you think kefir drink this would contradict that being that it has probiotics? Thanks for your advise

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Cathy69, the whole process makes me feel a bit icky and anxious. It is outlawed in the USA and that worries me a bit...