Closed Thread
Page 44 of 102 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Not sure if this has been mentioned here. The GAPS diet. It helps cure a lot of auto immune issues and increase fertility if your looking for a natural way. It's not easy but neither is IVF we can all agree. ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1446346343.397703.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Here is one persons story. Just wondering if anyone else has tried it? I haven't yet but I'm certainly moving in that direction. Cut out all gluten and sugar 3 weeks ago.

Guest Post – Getting Pregnant Naturally (Thanks GAPS!)
    My friend Celia sent me this post. Such an exciting victory for her and so inspirational I had to share. Here we go…
    When my husband and I first decided it was time to start a family I really didn’t know what to expect. My husband, though, did…”oh, honey, we’ll be pregnant in a few months…it will be easy.”
    Six months and still no pregnancy. I started to feel like it wouldn’t be so easy after all and wondered why I’d spent 13 years on birth control pills and was that the cause of our infertility (I did stop taking them a full year before we started officially trying)? Deciding to get serious I armed myself with a thermometer, charting paper, and more knowledge about cervical mucus than anyone really needs to know. I became very focused. When that didn’t work I consulted an herbalist, the internet, ate maca root (YUCK!!!!!), did acupuncture and finally went to see an infertility doctor. The infertility doctor tested for blockages; none. He tested my husband’s swim team; swimming just fine.
    He then did an ultra sound and mentioned something called PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome) , which is a common cause of infertility in women. Not really liking his diagnosis I left the office and did nothing for a few months. Then one day I found myself doubled over in pain so intense that I passed out in the doctor’s office. Whisked away to the ER I went. Upon arrival I underwent a series of tests until they found internal bleeding. I had a ruptured ovarian cyst. Ah, yes, the PCOS…lucky for us a very nice gynecologist was on call that night and he became our new infertility doctor. I gave in too. I accepted the PCOS diagnosis and we went down the road of clomid plus HCG shot and in our second cycle we got pregnant. A happy ending, right? Well, yes, our son is fabulous, but I still felt like my body had seriously let me down. For years I’d followed a nourishing diet based in the Weston A. Price principals. Why was this happening to us? What was wrong with my body?
    Fast-forward three years and I was still wondering. My husband and I hadn’t used any birth control since the birth of our son (aside from having a co-sleeping, breastfeeding toddler in our bed;-) and we weren’t pregnant with number 2. I was also dealing with irritable bowel issues. A friend, Laura, suggested I try the GAPS diet. Eager for the promise of no more carb cravings and no more diarrhea I went full steam ahead onto the intro GAPS diet. WOWZERS, that was tough and I certainly detoxed hard! But after two weeks on the intro I moved onto the full GAPS diet and felt great. Two months into the diet we got pregnant! NATURALLY! A SURPRISE! Yes, my body could do it without drugs and doctors!
    While on the GAPS diet (and through some cheating) I learned that I am sensitive to eggs, tomatoes, gluten, and canola oil. I’ve slowly come off the diet; though still eat in a very GAPS-ish way. Today I’m 16 weeks pregnant! I truly believe GAPS is the reason we were able to get pregnant naturally. It allowed me to identify foods that my body can’t handle and helped me detox so my body was ready for a health pregnancy.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Apples1234 For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (01-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi gals just subbing to this thread. I know some of you

Due to my age I have always had poor quality blastocysts in the past (although the 4th transfer did result in my son!) and now that I have had two PGD tested donor embryos fail I am getting an endometrial biopsy this friday. Not sure what the results will show but my doc (at Genea) will prescribe clexane, prednsone and intralipids if needed. I've got 1 frozen embryo left. Hopefully I can have it popped back in before xmas.

I have thyroid issues so I wouldn't be surprised if something comes up.

Good luck everyone!

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

Caesardust  (02-11-2015),Charlie74  (02-11-2015),Jojosniss  (02-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongley View Post
    Hi gals just subbing to this thread. I know some of you

Due to my age I have always had poor quality blastocysts in the past (although the 4th transfer did result in my son!) and now that I have had two PGD tested donor embryos fail I am getting an endometrial biopsy this friday. Not sure what the results will show but my doc (at Genea) will prescribe clexane, prednsone and intralipids if needed. I've got 1 frozen embryo left. Hopefully I can have it popped back in before xmas.

I have thyroid issues so I wouldn't be surprised if something comes up.

Good luck everyone!
    Hi Bongley welcome to this thread. There's some lovely ladies on here some of which you know. We all have similar stories. Out of interest Is Genea a low cost clinic? I haven't had the intralipids and I'm scared that will be the newest reason for my next failure.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Caesardust For This Useful Post:

Bongley  (03-11-2015),Jojosniss  (02-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladies abit of advice I can't read these bloody letters haha and would just like to know if any of you have ad success with a DQ Alpha match like us. ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1446458095.790667.jpgImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1446458120.954005.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry also I have this ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1446458220.292470.jpg.
    Any feed back would be good. We don't go back to see doctor nick until 11/12 and I'm getting toey after reading Dr Alan Beers book because it says this about DQ Alpha combinations and I am really confused about which category we fall into hoping it's not the third choice ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1446458351.556571.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    The NK cells are more than 30 cells per high power field! Don't understand that at all. Sorry for all the posts ladies. You are all so better educated than me at understanding this x

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Jojosniss can't remember my exact number (had a 1, 0 and a 2 in it!) but dh and I had a complete dq alpha match and am currently 16 weeks pregnant - with lots of drugs of course.
    Good luck xx

12. The Following User Says Thank You to BB77 For This Useful Post:

Jojosniss  (02-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BB77 View Post
    @Jojosniss can't remember my exact number (had a 1, 0 and a 2 in it!) but dh and I had a complete dq alpha match and am currently 16 weeks pregnant - with lots of drugs of course.
    Good luck xx
    Wow really that is fantastic! How are you feeling BB77? X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cautiously wonderful. Sorry I can't help more specifically with your numbers (I had to force myself to stop researching obsessively) but I just wanted to let you know that it can be done!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to BB77 For This Useful Post:

Jojosniss  (02-11-2015)