Closed Thread
Page 42 of 102 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ECM and Miss Sagi. Miss Sagi, if you don't mind me asking, what was your ANA level and how much clexane were you on and when did you stopped? I completely trust dr M and continue as he said anyway, but I was just curious.
    One more thing: how long was everyone on progesterone? I was supposed to wean off this week, but dr M said to start reducing only at week 16. I read somewhere that if you have a boy the progesterone taken after week 16 might affect him. It might not be true, but on the other hand I've rarely heard of people taking progesterone for so long. What do you think?

Thank you again. Have a great weekend!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My level was 80 and I was on 2 x 40mg per day. I was still on 1 x 60mg clexane when I gave birth at 34wks.
    Dr M is aware of the boy thing with prog. I told him my ob wanted me to take prog to the end of pregnancy and he told me about the risk as one of my twins was a boy. I stopped between 17wks and 20wks then resumed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you Miss Sagi. It's strange. I'm only on 1 × 40mg clexane per day and my levels are really high (1:320), but probably he coroborated this with the rest of my results, who knows. Wow, clexane during the whole pregnancy. It must have been terrible. I'm already bruised everywhere

Have a great weekend!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm thinking the number doesn't matter, if its high no matter the number it equates to 40mg. The second clexane for me was for MTHFR gene.
    Yes, started clexane in January and only finished 2 weeks ago! Only have 1 bruise left to disappear!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi. Ladies.. Sorry I havnt been able to post from a long time as I Had been really sick of what apparently started as a hay fever. And went on to a viral infection and I was coughing day and night. Even now it is only slightly better and no medicine seems to be working.

Hi HFAM.. Sorry I have no clue abt your problem, hope you have got your answers from other ladies on the thread ..

Afm

Last time I mentioned that DrNL in Melbourne diagnosed a partial do alpha match with DH and elevated natural killer cells. And we had decided we will do a cycle with him , collect more embryos and then... see what we need to do, surrogacy or the immune treatment. But when he made my protocol, he didn't put anything in it what he mentioned in our appt. he simply put me on puregon 150which was my dosage with mivf and I hadn't had good results with that and I was 4 years younger too. We were not satisfied with this. So we decided to stick with LB as she atleast tries something new and we are not transferring immediately anyway. But all this is so confusing as NL Was so good at the appt. he was not rushed and he found out the reason why the normal embies were not implanting. Now LB has done 3 antagonist cycles with me and now she has put me on the pill and wants to do a down regulation cycle with only menopur. Probably we would do pgd and freeze them and then decide if we need to do surrogacy or LIT , ivig etc. But I think she doesn't believe in these immunity treatments.

We are heading of to Brisbane on Mon to see Wazza. Don't know what he will say.. I see LB when I come back and will discuss what dr M and Dr NL has found out and see what she has to say..

Chrlie 74 how are you? Are you staring your cycle with LB soon as well?

How is everyone else doing?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sue77 For This Useful Post:

Charlie74  (01-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

I'm on my 3rd ivf cycle (first two failed). Ive seen some comments about immune treatment and wondered what it's all about?

My FS is putting me on steroids for the cycle to block my auto immune antibodies. (I haven't been diagnosed with an auto immune disease but I've had the speckled result come up in my blood test a few times)

Any info greatly appreciated.

If it can't help for this cycle (About to start a FET) then for next cycle (if we can ever afford another one, we are $20,000 out of pocket for 3 cycles)

Thanks

Jade

Thanks
    Reviews
    Apples1234 .. Immune treatment normally includes one or all of these things.. Steroids like prednisolone, intralipids and ivig..so that your uterus does not attack the embryo and treat it as a foreign object when implanted.... Even I havnt gone much head in this immune thing but this is what all I know.. Take care

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great thanks for that. Do you mean all three of those medications or one of the three?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Does anyone know a doctor in Adelaide or an interstate doctor I can contact to get advice for possible auto immune during IVF?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Sagi View Post
    I'm thinking the number doesn't matter, if its high no matter the number it equates to 40mg. The second clexane for me was for MTHFR gene.
    Yes, started clexane in January and only finished 2 weeks ago! Only have 1 bruise left to disappear!
    Miss Sagi can you remember if you took clexane on the day of your transfer? I have been given two different opinions-one to take continuously through including transfer day, and one to not take clexane on transfer day but resume the next day again. I am just seeing what other women have done?

can anyone offer advice please. Thank you