Closed Thread
Page 40 of 102 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh sue, it really has been a tough journey for you. I understand your frustration at your history and the longer I am around the TTC world the more I realise that 'Unexplained Infertility' is a big fat bucket that is 'unexplained' only to the extent that Doctors don't know what to do, not that there is no reason for the infertility and it is up to us to keep pushing for more tests and explanations.

Good luck with your journey which ever option you take.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sue, I have tears in my eyes for you. You have been through so much and still have the courage and strength to go on. I hope for you that you will achieve and receive your little miracle and know it will have the most amazing mother and earth teacher when they come x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Cathy 69, Jojosniss.. Thank you ladies for replying to my post. It means a lot and yes ' unexplained infertility ' sucks big time.

I am still shocked , confused and weighing options between surrogacy and the aggressive immune protocol... .. After my brain surgery 5 years ago, I have slight weakness in my right limbs, my neurologist is fine with me going through IVF etc.. It's just that I have gone through so much IVF treatment after that major surgery, that I feel exhausted. We are going to meet Wazza. let's see what he says . NL advised me towards surrogacy if that's possible as it had the higher success rate...he even said he would try to use the growth hormones in my next cycle for embryo quality. As I produce lots of eggs but abt 2 blasts per cycle. Has anyone had an experience with growth hormones?

And I believe ivig is quite expensive too. How many times to you need to take it ?
    Taking this decision is a bit overwhelming at this stage. We will be starting a fresh stimulated cycle with pgd with NL end of this month. And we are going to see Wazza in the 3rd. We are staying in Brissy for 3 days. I was wondering if any bloods or scans need to be done, can they be done in Brisbane while you are cycling in Melbourne. Any ladies having any experience in this?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sue

I can't help with the Brisbane/Melb thing but did do an Immune Protocol (Intralipids, Steroids, Clexane). Personally, I wouldn't worry about doing Immune in that, if you need it do it as it isn't so hard that you need to worry about it. The biggest issue is cost. Intralipids is about $650 a go (no refunds) and IvIG is bout $2500 per treatment (again no refunds). The frequency is dependant on the plan. My intralipids are monthly (6 in total) but I am doubtful IvIG is that frequent. Hopefully someone can give you more info.

I agree surrogacy is a big step, I am sure there is a thread somewhere on BH re it but otherwise, check out this discussion board - there are is at least 1 lady who went to asia successfully for a surrogate and there is an Australian poster currently pregnant as a Surrogate. You may be able to get more info on both overseas and local Surrogacy. http://www.aussieeggdonors.com/phpBB...forum.php?f=463

Dr Wazza has a good name around these parts and good success rats. I ehar he is also very honest and sometimes a little too pragmatic for some. I have also heard the same story you mention about Dr LB a few times before so sadly I don't think you are alone.

I know how tiring repeated attempts and failures can be so make sure you have a decent rest before the next one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Sue, it was heartbreaking to read your story. It's just so unfair that some good people have to deal with so much heartbreak with trying to have a precious baby.
    I can't offer you any advice about your particular issues but I just want to wish you strength and courage in deciding what to do next. And of course in finally realising your dream.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Lillac For This Useful Post:

Sue77  (16-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you Sue for your honest and heartfelt post. You've been on a long and very difficult journey and I can't even imagine the hurt with it all. It's just so hard to understand why the doctors let it go on for so long with not trying anything new really. I want to scream for you!!! I'm nearly one year in and have been opening the door to a number of immune issues too. I'm afraid I'm headed in the same direction as I start another cycle with the Bondi protocol. I hope you get the right advice for you from wazza. He sounds like a miracle worker!! Xxx

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Caesardust For This Useful Post:

Sue77  (16-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,

I've been stalking this board for a while but thought now was the time to get involved and say hello!

I'm 31 and have had 3 miscarriages in the last year. They were all natural pregnancies. After the second one I found Dr Beers book and discovered Dr M. I'm in melb so I had a few phone consults with him. After testing it was confirmed that I had elevated ANAs and high NKCs in my blood. Last month I found out that I was pregnant again but unfortunately it ended in a chemical pregnancy. I was on pred/clexane/aspirin. As a result I've now had intralipids and my protocol has changed to dex/clex/aspirin/progesterone. I've also just had DQ alpha testing done but I'm really scared about what that will lead to if it comes back as a match.

Just wondering if anyone has had success with natural pregnancies? I seem to get pregnant easily, (always within 2 months of trying) but they just don't want to stick around. It's been the hardest year of my life to say the least (it's also the year I moved to aus - from the uk and bought a house - so pretty stressful all round!!)

But reading all of your stories gives me hope and it helps knowing that I'm not alone in this.

xx

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Autumn Sun For This Useful Post:

Caesardust  (26-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Autumn Sun,

Sorry to hear about your miscarriages I can only imagine how devastating they are having never achieved a pregnancy myself.
    My husband and I found out in March through Dr Nick at Monash IVF we share DQ alpha genes and I have very high NK cells due to this. We had 4 IVF cycles at Melbourne Fertility Centre in Dandgeong which saw us have 6 failed embryo transfers. After our diagnoses from Dr Nick we took indefinite time off but as you know too well when you are desperate you will go back until it works. I read Dr Beers book and loved it. It was a light bulb book the whole why through and I couldn't put it down. We go back to Dr Nick in the hope of starting IVF with him in January 2016. All I can say is in regards to the Alpha Genes Dr Nick said he gives it 3 cycles if it doesn't work he sends us on our way. At least you know I suppose your not trying endlessly for years and years. I don't know how Dr M works but many of the ladies on this forum have had experience with him and I have read a lot of positive feedback. Good luck to you.

J xo

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jojosniss For This Useful Post:

Autumn Sun  (31-10-2015),Caesardust  (26-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Charlie, he'll send you scripts in the mail. Clexane is usually 40mg.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

Charlie74  (26-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Autumn Sun I have dqalpha matches with my dh and even though we used de it still impacts on implantation, so dr m prescribed neupogen and lit for us and we are currently pregnant😀

So don't be scared of a positive hla match, it can be overcome.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

Autumn Sun  (31-10-2015),Jojosniss  (27-10-2015)