Closed Thread
Page 37 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @ECM1981: I will pm you. Perth lady here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @ECM1981: I will pm you. Perth lady here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls,

I got my copy of Dr Beer's book, and I have already devoured it, and now going through and highlighting things I have questions about or appear to be applicable to me by way of symptoms or maybe something in my history.

I will say that I feel a tiny bit of hope, but I'm scared to get too hopeful. I know it's still a crap shoot.

But I'm more angry than anything else. Angry that the broader medical society doesn't test for this stuff as standard procedure BEFORE starting IVF. Angry that my last two own egg embryos were wasted when my FS shut me down when I asked about possibly looking into all this. Angry that it took travelling around the world to do a donor egg cycle where our two perfect tip top quality embryos were wasted as well. But mostly I am angry that even if Dr M can help me, that I have lost so much time that I can never get back. I've lost probably 10-20 years with my child/ren. And the time I will have will be less quality, because.....I'm already middle age! And I'm probably still at best 15-24 months from becoming a mother.

Agh.....anyway, it's a great book. I highly recommend it.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tigerlilly9772 For This Useful Post:

Charlie74  (30-09-2015),Jojosniss  (01-10-2015),skye76  (02-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was angry with the time and money that i had spent too.

Just think of it this way, with Dr M's treatment plan you will be another step closer to having 40+ years with your child/children! 😊

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

Cathy69  (01-10-2015),Charlie74  (30-09-2015),Jojosniss  (01-10-2015),skye76  (02-10-2015),tigerlilly9772  (02-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Charlie, I could only find it online not in any book shops

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

Charlie74  (01-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerlilly9772 View Post
    Hi girls,

I got my copy of Dr Beer's book, and I have already devoured it, and now going through and highlighting things I have questions about or appear to be applicable to me by way of symptoms or maybe something in my history.

I will say that I feel a tiny bit of hope, but I'm scared to get too hopeful. I know it's still a crap shoot.

But I'm more angry than anything else. Angry that the broader medical society doesn't test for this stuff as standard procedure BEFORE starting IVF. Angry that my last two own egg embryos were wasted when my FS shut me down when I asked about possibly looking into all this. Angry that it took travelling around the world to do a donor egg cycle where our two perfect tip top quality embryos were wasted as well. But mostly I am angry that even if Dr M can help me, that I have lost so much time that I can never get back. I've lost probably 10-20 years with my child/ren. And the time I will have will be less quality, because.....I'm already middle age! And I'm probably still at best 15-24 months from becoming a mother.

Agh.....anyway, it's a great book. I highly recommend it.
    I'm doing the same Tigerlilly.
    It has made me incredibly mad also to think the medical profession as a whole won't take this immunology problem seriously. Dr Beer has written this so clearly and it makes so much sense. My mother past away due to medical negligence 6 years ago now and I don't hold doctors/surgeons in high regard anymore and they really have to prove themselves to me before I trust them and I always go with my gut!
    I will be armed with questions for Dr Nick in December and I'm looking forward to it. Knowledge is power!!!!!

I bought my book from the book depository. The shipping is free, it took 5 working days and was $10 cheaper than the bookstore although they couldn't get it in for me for at least a month.
    Have a great day ladies x

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jojosniss For This Useful Post:

Charlie74  (01-10-2015),tigerlilly9772  (02-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladies

We have all been through that anger and disappointment, in many ways it is part of the grieving process when we realise that we have to abandon one path and take another.

I always found it helped me to remember doctors are just people trying to earn a living like you and me, and your hairdresser, and the plumber etc. Some think the way you do and you get along with them, others don't. Anybody in the Medical profession who I haven't felt a connection to in terms of either their approach or their treatment plan, I jettisoned and found someone else to replace them. Just like they are in business and would find someone else to replace their lost income from me. Sure it costs us money to get to that point, but that is the society we live in and everyone is in the same boat. The fact that we pay for treatment also gives us the choice to walk away from a doctor/clinic we don't like: we could be living in the UK and use their 'allocated' system under NHS where you have little/no choice unless you go outside the subsidised health system.

Obviously at times you come across a doctor who has a higher level of interest/skill in an area than another doctor (Dr M, Dr Nick, et al) and they have taken their work to the next level and done more research and training etc so can help us more difficult cases. I celebrate their existence and their interest as I have benefitted from it and I feel sad for those patients who need more than their FS can provide but they just don't realise it yet.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cathy69 For This Useful Post:

Charlie74  (01-10-2015),Jojosniss  (02-10-2015),tigerlilly9772  (02-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Every lab does it differently. The nk cd 56 and cd 57 seem pretty normal. Cd3 is very elevated. Not sure what that's. Something to do with T cell balance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls, bulk response to mentions.

Miss Sagi, I am trying to forget about the "lost" years because no matter how mad I get, no matter who is to blame, no matter who I tell off, I can't get them back. So I will just have to make sure that the years I do have with them are as wonderful as I can make them. That's all I can do. And I'm trying to look at it as a step closer.....not quite there.....it still feels like I'm moving further away. Hopefully that will change as I find out more from Dr M.

Charlie74, I bought Alan Beers book off of Fishpond. I got it in like 5 days. I didn't pay shipping, and because I bought it used (looked brand new to me) I saved about $15 from the sales price on Amazon.

jojosniss, same. I'm just getting to the point that I don't think any of them are in it for anything more than the money.

cathy69, I totally get what you're saying, and of course they are merely people (have dealt with more than a few who seem to feel they are God.....), but I'm starting to see doctors the way I see lawyers and politicians: highly educated crooks. I know I shouldn't tar them all with the same brush but it's hard not to after so many have dismissed and been non-helpful. I am glad we do have it better than those on the NHS, but considering what it costs (even with Medicare rebating, top level private coverage, we're tens of thousands out of pocket......and if anyone we've consulted would have been a bit less closed minded and judgemental, and more proactive, perhaps the time and financial losses would be a bit easier to stomach. Nothing to be done about the emotional losses). I do expect just a little more. And it's not quite as easy as just switching if you don't like your doctor, especially if you live in regional areas. That can be difficult and time consuming. And sometimes you are already with the best of a bad lot, for lack of better term. I admit I'm currently viewing everything through a fog of depression, grief, anger and fear....but things need to improve, drastically.

In other news I saw my GP practice the other day and got a referral to see a counsellor that deals with infertility patients (and does grief therapy) and in order to get the Medicare rebate, I had to do a mental health plan. Out of 50, I scored 41. I talked to the GP for a while, and when I admitted I was coping/self-medicating with otc codeine, he took out his script pad. I reluctantly agreed to go back on Zoloft (was on it many years ago). Lowest dose, and I know I shouldn't be ashamed, but I am. I got it filled a few towns over, and haven't even told my husband. But I do know I can't go on this way. I'm giving the Zoloft a month, and if I don't feel any improvements, or nobody has commented that I seem to be better, I'll give it the flick. Hopefully I can get an appointment with the counsellor soon.

For now, just trying to get through each day. I bought a colouring in therapy book and some textas. Might make a cuppa and go sit out on the veranda and colour in the fresh air and sunshine.

Hope everyone is doing ok. xo
    Last edited by tigerlilly9772; 02-10-2015 at 09:54.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tigerlilly9772 For This Useful Post:

Cathy69  (02-10-2015),Jojosniss  (02-10-2015),skye76  (02-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tigerlilly ther eis nothing to be ashamed of with the Zoloft - you should be proud of yourself for talking to the GP and getting a better plan in palce. Good idea with the colouring book. Big Fat Hug to you.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cathy69 For This Useful Post:

Jojosniss  (02-10-2015),tigerlilly9772  (02-10-2015)