Closed Thread
Page 36 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ECM1981 View Post
    Hi preciousheart, could you please help me by elaborating on the HLA thing or direct me to where I can find info on it. I will bring it up with my dr next week. I have done 3 transfers, 1 my own egg and 2 with donor egg. All bfn and the second donor transfer also included intralipids Maybe I need to look into what you are talking about and also get the hubby's sperm checked again. What tests to they do to see if you and your partner don't 'mix'? Thanks
    Hi there! well I'm new to the HLA thing too as I shouldve been tested by Dr M 2 years ago but never was, Dr Nick did it for me. If you google you will find stuff esp on Braverman and Dr Sher's sites. Basically it means your own body will attack the embies as though they're cancer which can cause NK cell activity to rise dramatically. Dr Beer's book has a whole section on it too. Dr M can give you the full tests through Red Cross here as can Dr Nick but his were different to red cross - gives you an answer though but not as comprehensive as Chicago but that's $2000. Here it's about $300 or so - some have paid $700 (for both of you). Check out the possibility of adenomyosis and taking zoladex, consult with Prof Tremellen at repromed on the phone if you need to. MRI or biopsy can detect it. It stops implantation. This was a problem not diagnosed for me for 2 years on top of freaking HLA matches etc etc. I also need neupogen like Chief's girl and IVIG not intralipid. Good luck, it's an awful lot to deal with. Big hugs!!! xxx

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PreciousHeart For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (29-09-2015),tigerlilly9772  (30-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just had first shot of zoladex ladies, arggg!!! menopause here I come My GP was very excited that I'm getting started so that was sweet and made me see the big picture of maybe a baby again. I guess I just sit back and wait for the hot flushes

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PreciousHeart For This Useful Post:

Jojosniss  (29-09-2015),Miss Sagi  (29-09-2015),tigerlilly9772  (30-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck Precious heart xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh my! There is just so much to consider!! When we first started trying and were told we both had the cf gene we thought that was huge, 3 years down the track and there have been even more things added to the mix! I will taln to my Fertility Dr on my next appointment on monday and show him your message so he knows what Im trying to ask him. Sometimes im so overwhelmed that i dont know where to start. This famous Dr M who is he? Can someone pls tell me what clinic he works from. Im heading to Cape Town on 13th November. Anyone else heading over then? Thank you @PreciousHeart for your reply. Wishing you all the best in your baby making. Im only new to bub hub so still learning all about everyones stories on here. I think all my fertile-make babies easy friends would just not be able to get their heads around all these hurdles we are faced with!!! Goodluck to all xx also miss sagi thank you for posting photos of your precious babies. It gives me hope to keep going knowing that miracles happen i just have to keep trying! Xx

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ECM1981 For This Useful Post:

Miss Sagi  (29-09-2015),tigerlilly9772  (30-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh my! There is just so much to consider!! When we first started trying and were told we both had the cf gene we thought that was huge, 3 years down the track and there have been even more things added to the mix! I will taln to my Fertility Dr on my next appointment on monday and show him your message so he knows what Im trying to ask him. Sometimes im so overwhelmed that i dont know where to start. This famous Dr M who is he? Can someone pls tell me what clinic he works from. Im heading to Cape Town on 13th November. Anyone else heading over then? Thank you @PreciousHeart for your reply. Wishing you all the best in your baby making. Im only new to bub hub so still learning all about everyones stories on here. I think all my fertile-make babies easy friends would just not be able to get their heads around all these hurdles we are faced with!!! Goodluck to all xx also miss sagi thank you for posting photos of your precious babies. It gives me hope to keep going knowing that miracles happen i just have to keep trying! Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    ECM, Dr M is not an FS, he's a reproductive Immunoligist and OB.
    Look up Dr Gamal Mathias or Reproductive Immunology. Be quick getting an appt as he'll probably want you to do some blood tests and you probably won't be able to get an appt with him for a few weeks

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

Charlie74  (29-09-2015),ECM1981  (29-09-2015),tigerlilly9772  (30-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies. Just wanted to say a big thanks for offering some hope in this dark place. I'm waiting to hear from my fs on how to go into next cycle knowing about nkc and mthfr. He's going to organise the gene testing which scares me. I feel like I'm opening Pandora's box now and all news is going to be devastating. I have an appointment with dr nick booked as a back up too. So nervous!!

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Caesardust For This Useful Post:

Jojosniss  (29-09-2015),Miss Sagi  (29-09-2015),tigerlilly9772  (30-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ceasar, news/results is knowledge...knowledge is power to shut it down (whatever it is!) 😊
    Also EMC, let gwyneth know you're going to SA in November and that you need to super track this. Offer to email them any immune results you already have and Dr M may be able to send you pathology request for whatever else he needs while you wait for your first appt.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (29-09-2015),tigerlilly9772  (30-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much girls for all your advice. I will definitely make an appointment with Dr M as soon as I possibly can. If they can't fit me in before November I will still head over with my current plan of the intralipids clexane and prednisolone and hope that it's my time, third time lucky in SA I don't want to start getting myself stressed about trying to rush more appointments. I stress easily! But you never know, it might all fall into place in time. I am guessing that Dr M has a great track record and that is his reason for ppl flocking to see him. I'm in Perth so should I try to find a reproductive immunologist here or just stick with Dr M? Also I apologise for all the mistakes I will be making in my posts. Most of the time I'm on my phone squinting at the screen trying to fit in reading posts in between looking busy at work thanks again and take care all xx

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ECM1981 For This Useful Post:

tigerlilly9772  (30-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    ECM, stick with Dr M. It doesn't matter that you're in Perth. I"m in Adelaide.
    There are a couple of WA people on here, so they can probably tell you where to go for Intralipids and biopsy for NKC in uterus, if you need it. My FS did my biopsy and I found a clinic thst did intralipids.
    Last edited by Miss Sagi; 30-09-2015 at 08:04.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (30-09-2015),tigerlilly9772  (30-09-2015)