Closed Thread
Page 3 of 94 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    HI Everyone, I hope you don't mind if I join and ask a question. It seems that I am dealing with secondary infertility (though I have no children--long story). In the last two years, I spent a year trying without success, then a chemical with a PGS tested embryo, then a 7 week miscarriage with a pgs tested embryo, and now just finished a transfer cycle with a PGS tested embryo that didn't implant. Ugh.

It's believed I may have some immune issues but not much is found on my blood work. Frustrating. No thrombolic problems, no ANA etc, the only thing that comes up is that my T cell profile is abnormal. At the moment, I am consulting with two doctors--a doctor in the US (not Dr B who many people speak of) and Dr NL in Melbourne (where I live). My American Dr is more conservative than Dr NL in Melb. Just tried Neupogen with this last cycle and nothing else; it didn't work. I think I'll try one more cycle here with Neupogen (and perhaps intralipids at Dr NL's suggestion) and then may seek out other suggestions. I was wondering if anyone has worked with Dr NL here in Melbourne, or should I absolutely be traveling out to Sydney for Dr M? It's such a pain... but... Another thought is that I consult with Dr B in New York but he is outrageously expensive. It's an option though. If you have any thoughts, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quite reply. You should always keep in mind that there is no guarantee the treatment works in the first go. Intralipid seems to do the magic for a friend who has T cell imbalance problem. It is worth another go. DrNL is quite well known in Melbourne. Dr Sher and Dr Karen Pace in the U.S. also deal with implantation dysfunction. If u want to throw everything in, no harm adding Clexane. I am doing it this cycle despite not having any blood clotting disorder.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

USHMM  (08-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for this. I absolutely agree--one attempt is determinative of nothing. I will absolutely continue with the Neupogen and my current doctors for the time being. For the moment I am torn whether I should take my American doctors suggestion and do only Neupogen, or NL's plan and do Neupogen plus intralipids and maybe some other stuff. I'm really glad to hear that intralipids worked for your friend with a T cell imbalance.

I guess i am trying to make contingency plans if this next cycle doesnt' work as well. That makes me feel better. It took 5 months between my second FET and my third FET because of blood work, doctors appointments, etc. I don't want ot get stuck in that trap again and am considering lining up "plan Bs" in case FET 4 is a bust.

By the way, has anyone been tested for PAI? My American doctor suggested testing for it and it is tested for routinely there, but I am having trouble figuring out how to test for it here. No one seems to have heard of it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ushmm.... unfortunately there's no magic formula for any particular person. For me, I liked the odds of Dr M's immune treatment (that is that same as Dr Karen Pace's in the US) - 80% success rate over two cycles, so went and tried that alongside what my regular FS was doing. I did that, but unfortunately I fell in the 20% lot. I researched like mad, and pushed Dr M hard, and eventually he let me do Neupogen and Ivig (with everything else as well), even though he didn't think that my issues warranted it. The next two cycles I had my first ever slightest positive reading - I can't remember now, but something like 2 and then 5. But it was enough to spur me on, and 5th time lucky with Dr M I got this BFP and am now 28 weeks pregnant. Dr M will test you for lots of things that other FSs don't. You mentioned you were tested for ANAs, but what about NKCs, DQ Alphas and HLAs, are just some I'm thinking of.
    Last edited by MGC Bertie; 08-06-2015 at 21:27.

Thanks
    Reviews
    subbing to the new thread

I was at the DR this weekend, he was questioning my steroids. Telling him yes I look like a hog yes, yes fat.
    Anyways he said these make me much more at risk for GD & Pre-eclampsia. Due to IVF age and DE. Like triple yay !!
    Follow up scan tomorrow nervous, found out I was having twins. But lost one, and had a massive hemorrhagic bleed.
    I thought it was all over. See what tomorrow brings FX

Yay for 23 weeks Bertie!

Cheifs that trip to Hawaii sounds amazing. Sending you positive sticky vibes.

Big hello to Precious & Missalina

7. The Following User Says Thank You to francesthecat For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (08-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @francesthecat ?? Twins um did I miss that?? So sorry you lost one the bleeding must have been scary. Good luck with ur scan tomorrow 😊
    Have the weaned u onto a lower dose of steroids yet?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by miissalina View Post
    @francesthecat ?? Twins um did I miss that?? So sorry you lost one the bleeding must have been scary. Good luck with ur scan tomorrow ������
    Have the weaned u onto a lower dose of steroids yet?
    Thanks Missalina,

I don't think I posted it, I have been sort of in denial about this pregnancy. Like wonder how long this is going last.
    Everything was going fine, then no cramping or warning just woosh. I was lucky my GP got me a scan the same day. Thought it was all over.
    No Im still on the starting dose of DEX and start weaning down around 12 weeks. Which is scary when reading about the birth defects it can cause.
    Ill certainly be speaking to Dr Nick about this, and changing over to pred.
    Also what can be done to prevent another placenta abruption happening.
    Which we already have plans in place at the moment progesterone until 20 weeks and 8 mg of melatonin now, plus voltaren. Will look at at stitch at 13 weeks.

Thank you for thinking me of me xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh wow...francesthecat, didn't know that you go through that. I am sorry. Hugs. It looks like you are in good hand. xx My OB prescribed me provera once he found out that i have low lying placenta. This is to prevent contraction (to prevent early labor...or miscarriage).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thread crashing oh @francesthecat i didn't realise you were pregnant love, am so so happy for you. Sorry to hear you lost one but best of luck for tomorrow. I often think of you and wonder how you are xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Frances.... sorry you lost one of your twins, but fingers crossed the other one is going well.

I fixed my typo up in my previous post - I'm actually 28w4d now (don't know why I typed 23w, since the number 3 is not anywhere near the 8 on the keyboard!!).

As to Dex, Dr M had me change over from it to Pred, at about 9 weeks, as that's when he said it starts to cross the placenta. He didn't have me "wean" off the Dex, just a straight change to the Pred, but then I did later wean off Pred (finishing that last week at 27w).