Closed Thread
Page 29 of 102 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie74 View Post
    Thank you @Jonosniss. It does help. Tonite I just feel very deflated. I also believe knowledge is power, ur very right there. I would very happily take some time away from it all, but I'm 41 in December & so time is not on our side. I think that's adding to the intensity of it all too.

Did u choose to see Dr NL in December or was that just the first appt he had? I'm still undecided about whether I'll go see him or not.. But I'm wondering if I should just make an appt for now so that the option will be there.. Especially if it might b a few months before we get in to see him... I'm currently seeing another Monash doc who has a great reputation for getting women pregnant but isn't really a 'big' believer when it comes to the immune protocols- She does treat with prednisolone, clexane & aspirin, and now is doing intrallipids also. But I don't think she'll go as far as Dr M in Sydney or Dr NL.

Again thanks for ur reply.. I really appreciate ur words x
    Know how you feel but I really believe knowledge is power. I'm also curious about dr nick and how long it takes for an appointment. Also what is the cost for a stim cycle at Monash?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie74 View Post
    @Caesardust, the cost at Monash for us was around $13k, and that included $2010 for PGS testing. And We did ICSI-HA also. We ended up with about $7-8k out of pocket once it was all done & Medicare gave us our rebate. I also don't have private health insurance so had to pay $800 for EPU day surgery & $250 anaethetist fees. We're well and truly inside the safety net so we're doing another cycle in November to make the most of the higher rebate before the end of the year!
    Thanks Charlie. That's considerable!!! I'm wondering whether to just move to Melbourne ivf as its a little cheaper I think. I wonder if they have a dr nick equivalent??

Thanks
    Reviews
    He is definitely much more expensive than most other infertility centres but also you get what you pay for. Unfortunately we learnt that the hard way through Dandgeong fertility centre and they caused my NK cells to excel due to not doing any testing on me even when asked so my body just kept creating them to repel the embryo.
    Dr Nick is definitely worth the visit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry didn't answer how long it too to get in! Initially it too about 4 months I think and this time we got an appointment for December.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ceasar, my biggest ivf regret was going to Melb IVF. Don't do it....they dont look outside of their text book and will continually take your money...wont go into details but I changed fs's with them to try another someone different and i wasted 9 cycles with them. They were all the same, it was like you were on a production line.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Which centre/ Dr was this Miss Sagi if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks
    Reviews
    East Melb. Polokov and Cameron

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok thanks I haven't heard of them before. But the fertility centre are affiliated with Mel IVF and they too were quite useless!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Sagi View Post
    East Melb. Polokov and Cameron
    Polykov is terrible. I've seen him once and my partner went to him for a vasectomy reversal which he couldn't do so my partner went through all the pain for nothing. I've seen gronow who is really lovely and prescribed me the clexane and predislone this time so wonder if he would be willing to look into more options if I transfer to him. I've been with fertility centre sunshine who are affiliated with Melb Ivf and they've been pretty rubbish but I think that's because there's no consistency in care. Changing to Monash might be the option but I need to see someone before the end of the year. I can't wait 4 months to see a fs

Thanks
    Reviews
    But on all of your advice I've requested an appointment with dr nick. Maybe there will be a a cancellation and I'll be lucky!

Thank you all. All the options are so heavy in so many ways

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Caesardust For This Useful Post:

Charlie74  (19-09-2015)