Closed Thread
Page 23 of 102 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for this. I made an appt with him this morning. I'll have to wait a month though. The idea did cross my mind many months ago; I wish I had made hte appt then.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie74 View Post
    @MissSagi... Very good point.. Thank you. And infact it has reconfirmed my feelings that I'm doing the right thing by going down the Dr M track... It makes complete sense.

Question I've been wondering about.. I'd be interested to know if anyone knows the answer to this.. Do doctors like Dr M & Dr Beer think this stuff actually affects the quality of our eggs?? I was thinking of doing another IVF cycle with my current FS, doing PGS & then maybe early next year doing a transfer once I've got all the immune stuff happening.. But do docs like Dr M think u should be getting treatment prior to & during an IVF cycle for optimum results??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am on neupogen, clexane, prednisolone, aspirin, intralipids and am currently 7weeks pregnant with a singleton. Two implanted but at our scan yesterday there was just the one heartbeat.

But I am pregnant, who knows which drug got me over the line, but I trust dr m. I am doing weekly bt's for him and have been since bfp.

Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's wonderful news! Congratulations! And thanks for letting me know. It gives me hope about my own chances. Can I ask what was your dosage of pred?

Also, for Melbourne based women, where do you get your Neupogen? In the past, I've been lazy and have just gotten it from Slade Pharmacy. But I wonder if there is a cheaper option.

I'm grateful for this site. Thanks for letting me join the conversation. I'm learning a lot and it is helping alleviate some of hte anxiety.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefsgirl View Post
    I am on neupogen, clexane, prednisolone, aspirin, intralipids and am currently 7weeks pregnant with a singleton. Two implanted but at our scan yesterday there was just the one heartbeat.

But I am pregnant, who knows which drug got me over the line, but I trust dr m. I am doing weekly bt's for him and have been since bfp.

Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by USHMM View Post
    That's wonderful news! Congratulations! And thanks for letting me know. It gives me hope about my own chances. Can I ask what was your dosage of pred?

Also, for Melbourne based women, where do you get your Neupogen? In the past, I've been lazy and have just gotten it from Slade Pharmacy. But I wonder if there is a cheaper option.

I'm grateful for this site. Thanks for letting me join the conversation. I'm learning a lot and it is helping alleviate some of hte anxiety.
    I'm in 30mg pred. 25mg before transfer them up to 30mg from transfer.

Between the neupogen and steroids I haven't had the mad appetite from the steroids or any morning sickness!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great. Thanks. I think that is roughly equivalent to my dosage of Dex.

Did anyone see hte latest update to the infertility diary in teh New York Times. This woman went through many rounds of IVF, only to then learn that htey were failing because of immunological issues. She finally saw a reproductive immunologist and recently had her daughter. The whole ordeal was blogged in the NY Times over several years. Here is the "happy ending" article which brought tears to my eyes this morning.

http://parenting.blogs.nytimes.com/a...my-klein/?_r=0

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefsgirl View Post
    I'm in 30mg pred. 25mg before transfer them up to 30mg from transfer.

Between the neupogen and steroids I haven't had the mad appetite from the steroids or any morning sickness!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Charlie - THAT makes more sense, sorry I misunderstood.

My experience re Egg Quality - I did a couple of years on DHEA, Royal Jelly, macca powder and big doses of CoQ10 at my FS recommendation. IMO, it didn't change anything. I always got reasonable numbers of eggs at collection and good fert rates but rarely had 1 at Blast stage for transfer. I thought that was all normal until I started DE eggs and found out how AB-normal it was which is why I don't think it didn't anything for me.

Never tried the artificial for of G-CSF or neupogen so can't comment on those sadly. But I think everyone should try what they think might work as there is nothing worse than worrying that the one thing you chose NOT to do in an unsuccessful cycle is the thing that would have made the difference. If I was still using OE, I would be on the same supplements ' just in case' even though I don't think they worked .... (silly I know).

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cathy69 For This Useful Post:

Charlie74  (26-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Cathy69, wot is G-CSF??
    It is neupogen - or neupogen is the brand name for it.

There was a study in Canada (I think) where they tested the fluid in the follicles at egg collection and found that in some instances if there were high levels of G-CSF in the follicles, the eggs that came from those follicles went on to be live pregnancies.

So the thought is, if you take neupogen during stims it MIGHT increase quality.

But it is extremely expensive ($1700-$1800 for 10 vials) dosage depends on immune factors etc, but most of us do 4-5 injections per vial, and I'm not sure if you can get separate vials, so you'd have to buy the lot.

It also raises your white blood cell count ALOT and can affect your kidneys so you need close monitoring.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

Charlie74  (26-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just a quick note about Neupogen-- obviously people have different comfort zones. But, yes, WBC needs to be monitored carefully so there aren't adverse side-effects. But that can be managed by a close monitoring of the WBC count. Having said that, we really don't know the long term consequences of many of these drugs and that too is scary. And, yes, it is very expensive, but you can buy just one vial at a time. That is my strategy. Also, I have a doctor in teh US who was a consultant on a big, multi-clinic study of Neupogen and he recently said to me that it doesn't help with lining, and it doesn't help with implantation, but it is effective for recurrent miscarriage. Dr B in the US uses is quite often mainly because it is effective.

Ooooh... Don't like the sound of that!! does Dr M use that one much?? I wouldn't be keen to use it myself

11. The Following User Says Thank You to USHMM For This Useful Post:

Charlie74  (26-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @USHMM Yes I used neupogen and steriods. Dr M prescribed this and Dr Braverman patients also use this. I have 550 NK cells per HPF so 28 isn't too bad

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just quick update. BT results today at 105 ( from Monday's 84 ). Anyone who experienced slow rise HCG?

THanks.