Closed Thread
Page 18 of 102 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies! have been awol again but reading along Huge congratulations Chiefsgirl!!!! wow what a looooong journey it's been for you, yay for Hawaii! I remember your posts over the last 2 years, long time, girlfriend, well done!!!!

Also BB77 congrats, hope all goes really well for you

Really hope we all hear from Bertie soon, I'm getting quite worried about her.

Hope you are all tracking well, we are gearing up for another cycle with a new beautiful known donor, but we have to do it in Melbourne so it's all a bit fraught (we both live in NSW), anyway, hopefully we'll get there and I'll be on Zoladex soon for the adenomyosis, seeing Dr M in Sept for his opinion (not that it got me anywhere over the last 2 years) and we'll see how much other crap I need to take to get this show on the road! It truly will be our last shot for our second bub so here's hoping.

Sending you all love and strength!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PreciousHeart For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (14-08-2015),ladybug14  (15-08-2015),MGC Bertie  (16-08-2015),Miss Sagi  (14-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chiefsgirl and BB77 - big fat congratulations, now keep popping those pills/injections and keep your legs crossed ! (If only it was that simple hey ???)

PreciousHeart - good luck (and I agree re Bertie ... almost 2 weeks since she went into labour .... hopefully she is just adjusting to a new baby etc).

BBHope - GD sounds like a pain - good luck with it all.

Miss Sagi - good to hear all is going well and finishing work is in sight.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cathy69 For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (14-08-2015),PreciousHeart  (14-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Mgc Bertie updated on another thread this morning, will let her update here, but all is well - yay!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thank god!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry I've kept everyone in suspense (and worry) but poor Mummy has had not one minute spare to get onto the computer until today. It's a constant cycle of feeding, washing, crying etc and when I've had a moment to myself I plonk on the couch exhausted or fall into bed myself. DH has been great, getting up lots in the night to settle her, that I don't know how I will cope (or cope as well) next week when he goes back to work.

Anyhow, the birth story. Baby Josephine didn't want to wait until 38 weeks to be born, which was when Dr M thought he would have to induce her. Instead, at 36 weeks 3 days, when I got up at 2.15am to go to the toilet my waters broke (these things always happen in the dead of the night). I didn't have any pain, but there was water everywhere. In my haste to get out of bed I also slammed into my bedside table, so my arm was in pain, but nothing else. We rang the hospital and they said to come in. On the way in the car the contractions started, at about 5 minutes apart. At this point I couldn't remember anything about giving birth - nothing!! By the time we got to the hospital contractions were 2-3 minutes apart - I'd remembered by now that one of DH's jobs was to time the contractions and write them down. This continued for about 30 minutes, but no-one (the nurses) seemed massively concerned, just kept doing obs. Then the contractions started to lengthen, 10 mins, 15 mins, 30 mins, until 5 hours later I realised they'd stopped. I was confused, as I thought contractions were supposed to go the other way. I was moved from the observation room to my own room, and told that since my waters had broken we weren't going anywhere.

At this point though I remembered that we hadn't chosen a name!! DH pulled out his laptop and started reading through hundreds of names, while I vetoed them. I'd always liked Jospehine, and no others came close, so that was decided pretty quickly. The middle name was whittled down to three.Dr M came and said that a C-section would occur the next day if she decided she wouldn't come along naturally. An induction was now out of the question as my waters had broken.

Nothing happened until 18 hours later the contractions started again on the Monday morning about 2am again, and this time they were much worse than the first day, that I thought it was actually going to happen. Same thing though, they started close together, and slowly over 8 hours became less often until they stopped. At 11am it was decided that a C-section would be scheduled for 5pm that afternoon, and frankly I was glad (if not a little scared) that finally my little baby would be here. A little later this was brought forward to 4pm and before I knew it I was being wheeled down at 3.25pm.

DH was changed into scrubs and when he came back and we sat/lay waiting outside the anaesthetic room, I started panicing / getting emotional as my poor baby still didn't have a middle name. I was desperate that she had a name as soon as she was born, even though everyone else was saying that it didn't matter and her name could be chosen later. We quickly got rid of one of the names, and with moments to spare decided on the middle name, Jean, which is after both our Mums. I was so relieved and very happy that my little girl would have a name.

The epidural was horrible!! Fireworks exploded in my left leg, but DH held me extremely tight and I just tried to concentrate on sitting still. However my legs remained in a bent position, well so I thought, even though everyone kept saying that they were actually straight, it was totally weird. Once the epidural was over, everything else went really quickly, and before I knew it, they were lowering the screen and letting me look at her head. The screen was really quite high on my chest, and because she was so premmie and had to go to the special care nursery I didn't get to have her on my chest or breast feed as I'd wanted, so just got a couple of kisses. In a way though I just wanted them to stitch me up and get back to the ward to start our new life together.

Well, feeding time is just about around again, so I'll fill you all in later about baby Josephine's first ten days.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

Cathy69  (14-08-2015),Chiefsgirl  (14-08-2015),Fiona2  (20-08-2015),ladybug14  (15-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Were you at hurstville private @MGC Bertie? I was there in the wednesday having intralipids and they said there had been 3 c sections the day before!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chiefsgirl.... no, I was actually at Sydney South West Private (Liverpool). They have 22 rooms there, but for most of my stay they were only about three-quarters full. As she was early (36w 4d) we ended up staying 8 nights (1 night before her birth and 7 nights afterwards), 2 of those nights she was in the special care nursery. They didn't make any effort to boot us out, so we stayed until I was completely off expressing and was doing just breastfeeding. I think, had they been full, they would have tried to move us out a few days earlier.

Tomorrow the community nurse (or whoever she is) is doing her home visit - sometime between 9.30am and 3.30pm - talk about not committing to a time. I've been bossy the past two days making DH pick up things and put things away. I really don't know why I'm fussing as my house is pretty tidy, clean and neat, no clutter etc but for some reason I feel like she's checking up on the home environment, as much as the baby. I keep catching myself thinking that there has to be many, many worse houses and worse home environments than mine, but the OCD in me keeps coming out!! DH goes back to work tomorrow, so it will be my first day alone when the nurse visits!! Will I be fast asleep and not hear the doorbell? Will the nurse visit right at feeding time, because if J doesn't get her feed exactly on time she screams the house down!! Tomorrow's also bath day, but I think attempting that alone for the first time, with the prospect of the nurse turning up to hear J scream blue murder (as she hates being naked) is also a bad idea, so I think I'll hold off another day for the bath.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (17-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    A quick Progesterone question for those working with Dr M ....... He has continued me on Prog and I have an appt with him this week but I need to refill the script before then and I don't want to get more prog than i need if he will take me off it this week (I usually get the maximum I can made up each time). I am 14.5 weeks now ..... what has he done with everyone else re ending Prog support ??? Has it been a weening process or just a 'no more' ? The 14 week mark is what he originally mentioned to me but I was just curious ...... (I haven't had prog problems in the past...). Thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cathy, He stopped mine around 14 - 16wks, but my OB has made me continue using it. I do remember Dr M telling me to stop prog between wks 16 & 19 incase I'm having a boy as it can affect the growth of their skin fold on their little willy, double skin fold or something. So he may stop you at 16wk altogether or he may get you to start again after 19wks? Maybe just get 2wks worth to be safe. I can't recall if he weans you off or not.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

Cathy69  (17-08-2015),Chiefsgirl  (17-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies
    I am new to this thread but not new to IVF. I am based in Melbourne. Was with Melbourne IVF earlier , had bfp twice with them but miscarried due to random chromosomal abnormalities. Shifted to Monash IVF and new FS LB who is supposed to be the best in business in Melbourne. She managed to make blastocysts for us. We did pgd and got 2 normals as well . In total we made 6 blasts with her in 3 cycles . 4 untested and 2 tested and normal . Have transferred 4 in 4. Different cycles but bfn. And even she also doesn't know the reasons why we ar e not achieving results even after transferring normal blasts. Anyways Dr M was suggested to me by some one else on the other thread which I did. she wanted me to see this doc before quitting. So I had a phone consult with Dr M who wanted me to have some blood tests which I did

I had my phone consult with Dr M yesterday regarding the blood tests he had made me do. And according to him my natural killer cells CD 57 are raised . He said the normal ones should be between5 to 6 percent , mine came out as 17.3 percent and it could definitely impact my implantation. Sohehas put me on a very aggressive immune protocol with 20mg prednisolone and 25 mg after ET , clexane starting ten days before ET and the intralipid infusion abt a week before ET and if I get a bfp then abt 2 more intralipid or IVIG. And he clearly said there is no point transferring embies without this and even if I fall pregnant naturally I have to do this as soon as my bfp is confirmed.

i told him that LB had checked me for nk cells and all in her initial tests she does and he said those tests are very general and the ones he did are very much in detail. I also asked him how come Implantation had happened to me twice a couple of years ago , he said nk cells can change anytime , some ladies have one kid and then they are unble to achieve a second pregnancy due to elevated nk cells.

i am so confused and stressed as to what to do now? Is 17.3 really too high that implantation can't happen? I have no clue and knowledge abt nk cells , but the fact that 4 blasts didn't implant with LB (2 were pgd tested normal) puts me in doubt and She also told referred me to a immunologist in Melbourne to check everything . But I wanted to go o someone recommended by somebody . So I went to Dr M as many girls on BH had used him. Now I am expecting my period around 25 th of this month and plan to do the fet with our last 2 left , and Dr M is going to send me scripts for everything and told me to give it to my doc . how does that work ? How do I give it to LB? Do I really need to do this aggressive protocol with my numbers? So many questions in my mind... Sorry ladies for the long post but don't know whom to ask and rely upon without you wonderful ladies ...

Also one thing is doing my head in ... How much is considered too high in CdD 57 cells. Is mine at 17.3 percent too high to go through this aggressive protocol?

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sue77 For This Useful Post:

Babysami  (23-06-2016),BlondeinBrisvegas  (18-08-2015)