Closed Thread
Page 10 of 102 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    BB77.... what did Dr M say about you and DH having a DQ match? I think the HLA matches are sorted out with LIT treatment, but I'm not sure about the DQ ones???

Thanks
    Reviews
    He did originally tell me, many months ago, that lit was for dq alpha matches. But I've been there, done that (twice). He seems to think I'm not a lost cause yet. Been reading that neupogen is actually more effective in treating this. You didn't have any matches I assume?

Thanks
    Reviews
    BB77.... I have abnormal levels myself of DQ Aplha, DQ Beta and some HLAs, but we're using anonymous donor sperm, so aren't able to test for matches.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, my beta came back negative

That was our 3rd failed FET (we have also had 3 failed fresh transfers too). That was the first with intralipids, 20mg prednisolone and clexane. Feeling deflated, but holding onto hope that maybe these immune treatments might work for me. We are thinking of doing another stim cycle, but possibly with PGD just so we know that the embryos are normal.

Back to it again, it's a shame- I really hoped that that would be it x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Eveclo, so sorry for your negative. I think your next plan of PGD testing is a good idea.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Sagi View Post
    Eveclo, so sorry for your negative. I think your next plan of PGD testing is a good idea.
    Thank you I hope something comes out of it- our new FS in Sydney is a bit concerned about the fall off rate of our embryos from day 3 - day 5. Usually we have good embryos on day 3 and then apparently the sperm kicks in after day 3 and makes them go a bit crappy. We'll see how it all goes.

Hope you and the little twinnies are going well!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to eveclo For This Useful Post:

Miss Sagi  (06-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh @eveclo I've been wondering about you, sorry to hear. Pgd is a great idea, at least it rules out one major component of possible failures. Good luck. I've had to cancel my fet tomorrow so will spend the next month trying to relax. Hope you can do the same in prep for your next cycle

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BB77 View Post
    He did originally tell me, many months ago, that lit was for dq alpha matches. But I've been there, done that (twice). He seems to think I'm not a lost cause yet. Been reading that neupogen is actually more effective in treating this. You didn't have any matches I assume?
    I have dq alpha matches with so, but only one so we are a partial match. Have you had bt's after lit to make sure it worked? I did my second lit 3 weeks ago and am going for a Bt tmw to make sure I don't need a booster.

I'm on neupogen too for the hla matches (we have 5 in total) but I'm on pred and intralipids, as my nk issues aren't so bad.
    @eveclo pgd def sounds like the best thing for you now. We had bad drop off between 3-5 days but still had blasts to test. Alas for us none of our embies came back normal. But at least it told us the real idea of what was going on with our embies that looked good, but weren't. It was getting so heartbreaking doing so many transfers that didn't work and now we know why. Good luck, it's $$ but you will know one way or the other what is going on with your embies xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Chiefsgirl I've never had blood tests after any treatment to see if it worked. He said he'd check if I need an lit booster after a positive test. The dq alpha thing really worries me. Is neupogen only for hla matches or does it address dq too?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm not sure, but he wouldn't give it to me before our hla results were in and when they were he said def lit and neupogen. I thought the lit was the most important for the dq alpha since it is introducing your dh's DNa into your system in a sympathetic way so that it gets used to the cells and recognises them as ok.

I would ask dr m to send you the Bt form over email, or post. He said it can be done locally and he can tell if you need a booster. Might be worthwhile checking before your next transfer?