Closed Thread
Page 96 of 98 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Guys,
    Newbie Question......new cartridge of Puregon this morning....did all the stuff you need to with a new cartridge, injected, waited 10 secs before removing then did Orgalutran injection. Looked back at Puregon site and there was a big drop of Puregon dripping down my tummy? Do I need to inject more to make up for this?
    Have called my nurses & left a msg, but am assuming they won't get back to me til this arvo, so if anyone has any advice would be welcomed
    Also - any tips on avoiding bruises with the orgalutran? 3 days in and have 3 whopping great bruises !? Am I doing something really wrong??
    TIA Ruby

Thanks
    Reviews
    Did you do injections in different sites? Not really much you can do except put ice pack on to stop bruising after orgalutran, its a bruiser that one! 😉

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep- different sites.......bugger, was hoping there'd be a better way! Thanks anyway!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Ruby16 no worries, I'm a nurse, make sure you're injecting at 90 degrees and that you are doing it fast like flicking a dart. The slower you do it the more it hurts and bruises xx

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to emby79 For This Useful Post:

MamaMell  (20-09-2015),Ruby16  (20-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    No worries- will try doing it a bit faster. Probably have been a little on the slow side (being that I have a little needle phobia!) Do I inject the contents quickly too - I have been doing that pretty slowly also?

Thanks
    Reviews
    No, inject contents slowly, just do jab fast 😊 can you ask someone to do it for you?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to emby79 For This Useful Post:

Ruby16  (20-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ah good- At least I got that bit right! Think I will recruit DH for that one

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ruby16 For This Useful Post:

emby79  (20-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesardust View Post
    The low cost clinic I'm at haven't really asked the questions they should've when things weren't working. I'm really annoyed it took 4 transfers to get to this point and it makes me sad thinking of those embryos that were not even given a chance because of it. I'm hoping the higher cost clinic will adopt a different approach and the consistent fs will help. Being bounced from one fs to the next and a different nurse each time makes it really impersonal. I'm hoping my body responds as good or better on higher doses as the lost cost clinic only aims for at least 1 embryo to transfer. They freeze only at day 5/6. Is this what yours does?

Hi,
    Hope you don't mind me sticking my nose in here. Not all low cost clinics are the same. I am seeing a low cost clinic and they are fantastic. They are very supportive and personal and do everything I would expect. I have OHSS and they call me everyday for last three weeks, even on the weekends to check in on me. My fertility doctor has even given me his mobile number. We are very happy and even happier now that we are pregnant.
    Hoping that you can all find clinics that are supportive and personal and that you all get the desired outcome.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by hope77 View Post
    Can ask you ladies what is considered low cost? Mine isn't low cost but I wonder how it compares with pricing.
    Usually low cost clinics are under $3000 for a fresh cycle. This should include EVERYTHING up to at least six week scan.

Thanks
    Reviews
    CONGRATULATIONS!!
    That's fabulous news.