Closed Thread
Page 4 of 98 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    We didnt try anything eles first coz my hubby has low sperm count and it wouldnt of wrked.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Some people will opt to try 2-3 cycles of IUI first. But this rarely works (only 10% chance each attempt, generally), so most people regard it as a waste of time and money.. better to just go straight to IVF. IVF with a blastocyst transfer normally offers a 40-60% success rate, depending on the clinic and the patient's specific case (mine would be much lower due to very dodgy eggs, for example). So yes it's more expensive, but for those ready and willing, it's a much better option.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I found out last night that a friend with PCOS had success with their first round of OI with clomid. So happy for them! (If they'd have done IVF they would have needed PGS as well - which a whole other head ****). So sometimes the lower treatments work. If you don't always ovulate or have difficulty pin pointing ovulation a few round of OI either with clomid or injections may be worth trying first, but personally I wouldn't want IUI because the chances are really no better then OI and it's not any cheaper then IVF.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did an OI and it still cost me $1500 and i had to drive all that way and then get home to BD in time!! My clinic laid all the figures out for me and with DH sperm IUI would have been pointless and i would have spent the equivilent on one IVF cycle on a OI and a IUI if i had gone ahead for crappy chances, i wish i never stuffed around and just did IVF/ICSI from the start! I love being a mum and couldnt imagine my life without my son!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh yeah I forgot about OI.. spot the one whose DH is Azoo so this was not on the table for a second! :P

Thanks
    Reviews
    Got a positive OPK today (this morning) so should ovulate tomorrow (1 day late, unless I do this afternoon). Only 1 more full cycle before my appointment

7. The Following User Says Thank You to exilius For This Useful Post:

corzjayne  (21-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh, lucky you @exilius! I was looking at my pill pack this morning and I still have three tablets to go... then two more whole sheets of pills, plus all the no-pill days in between, before I even fly to Aus. Boo!

My FS Skype appt is only 10 days away though, yay!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sariele For This Useful Post:

corzjayne  (22-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Need to break the waiting down into manageable blocks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all your replies.
    Oculation doesn't seem to be an issue I ovulate like glock work. Sperm and egg may not meet, I have dodgy eggs or imolantation is the issue. I don't know.
    I had AF for a few days now and we have basically given up so I won't temp or do anything really. Appointment is on 25 August just before af is due

Thanks
    Reviews
    Damn skippy. Meanwhile I'm already researching and making plans for the trip itself cause it makes it feel closer. Apparently you can reserve formula and baby snacks and such at Boots Heathrow up to 4 weeks before you fly, then pick it up on the day in the departures shopping area. Which means no having to take all that stuff through the security checkpoint, which I've always had to do before. So handy! So I'll definitely be doing that.