Closed Thread
Page 27 of 97 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Allykat - do you know how long you usually have between ovulation and your period starting? Were you on progesterone? I'm sorry it didn't work

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by exilius View Post
    Allykat - do you know how long you usually have between ovulation and your period starting? Were you on progesterone? I'm sorry it didn't work
    My cycles went a bit retarded of late, I was having 28 day cycles (today's cycle day 28) but the 2 cycles before transfer they were 35. I thought it was 12 days but my blood tests said I ovulated on day 19. No I wasn't on progesterone as they don't think there's anything wrong with my cycling.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If this happens again where there is less than 5 or 6 days between transfer and period I'd ask about it. I take it after an fet because my period naturally comes at 3-4dp5dt and an embryo might not implant until as late as 5dp5dt. I ovulate naturally and have regular cycles but my LP is a bit too short (not related to why we need IVF)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls 😊 I need to ask your opinion on this as its really upsetting me and I know you will all understand. I was supposed to catch up with my childhood friend who is coming over from Melbourne on Monday but told her I can't see her Monday because I'm having my egg retrieval Monday but that I was free sat or sun to catch up. I hadnt told her we were doing ivf until we spoke after she had left a message on my phone asking to catch up. She is a very religious person and I got the feeling when we spoke that she didn't agree with ivf and she has texted today saying that she can't catch up at all the sat or Sunday but good luck with my operation Monday. I feel like she is judging me. Has anyone else lost friendships over the fact that you have chosen to do ivf? I feel like I have lost her as a friend because of it and it makes me feel sad but also angry that something like this could ruin a friendship 😢 she has three children of her own and knows we have had a long road of trouble conceiving and having miscarriages. She hasn't actually said anything but I know she doesn't approve. Do I talk to her about it? Or just leave it. I thought as my friend she would support me through this, obviously not 😢

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @Charlie74, I want to talk to her about it but at the same time I don't want to hear that she doesn't approve, I think that would make me sadder than just thinking its all in my mind and that I over reacted. I guess in time I will find out what she thinks if she supports me or not. I'm finding all this really difficult and lonely, we haven't told our families that we are doing ivf for this reason, its complicated enough without people you care about having opinions on the matter and I know that only people who have gone through this will be able to truly understand. My mum knows something is up and I know its hurting her that we are keeping things to ourselves but I know it will hurt me and hubby more if we tell our families because even though they would agree and support us they would constantly gossip and talk about it which I would rather not have happen. Such a lonely process. Have four good friends that are supportive so I guess I just need to focus on that 😊 thanks for understand my ranting girls xxx

6. The Following User Says Thank You to emby79 For This Useful Post:

Charlie74  (13-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @emby79
    We didn't tell our family either.
    2 friends that have had ivf and one very close friend know.
    I didn't want to field the "I'm so sorry" sentiments if it never happened and the well meaning gossip. I would rather they never knew we tried.
    At least you have a couple of strong support people. Ask your other friend if she has a problem with your choice. As hurtful as it is, this ivf takes so much energy you don't need a friend judging you for the decisions you make about your body and your future life.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sunny79 For This Useful Post:

Charlie74  (13-08-2015),emby79  (14-08-2015),exilius  (14-08-2015),Hopeful37  (13-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @emby79 I understand you and others not wanting to tell too many people. It's hard to know what some people's opinions may be and also those pity faces when it doesn't work are absolutely unbearable. I've told my parents because I needed their help and my boss (so she could be understanding with all the appointments) and another friend going through it. A couple of other people know I was trying but not the finer details. It's good to have the support of family and friends but it's a lonely journey nonetheless. Now after 3 failed attempts I've just notified my clinic of my day 1. Straight off the back of a failed thaw cycle I'm going to use my last frostie. I'm not able to meet with the doc so assuming they'll use the same protocol as last time which was a medicated thaw cycle. But can anyone tell me What is involved in a natural fet cycle??? The nurse said potentially that was an option for next time as my lining was better on the stim cycles.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Caesardust For This Useful Post:

emby79  (14-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Aw Emby79 I know how it feels. We were so torn to know whether or not to tell people when we first went through it as it is such an emotional time and you DO NOT need anyone judging you. Add a bit of good aul Irish Catholic guilt and I know what it feels like!! We only told my parents and my sisters when we went through our first IVF. Dad is very old fashioned and my Mum who is super supportive was really weird when I told her. I got the "I didn't think ye were bothered about having kids when ye are always out and about having a good time"! Anyway she rang me that evening crying and apologising but said she was heart broken we had to go through it and it was just a stupid reaction. She told me Dad didn't agree with it because it was against nature but would support us if its what we wanted! 2 weeks later(The man is unable to express emotions to his children!) hugged me and cried and whispered "I really hope it works for ye" while squeezing me to death!! Anyway the moral of the story is I bet it was a shock to your friend but if she is a good friend she should understand and support you. If she doesn't try to forget about it - you need to focus on you and the little bean . This time around we have told 3 friends and are leaving it at that. We would tell our family but being so far from home only adds to the worry and we managed last time with the same good friends knowing and there was definitely less pressure and a positive result! I think you should give her a call though as texts can be misread depending on your mood and see how it goes. Big hugs hun. Sending some positive vibes your way xxx

12. The Following User Says Thank You to hopeh3 For This Useful Post:

emby79  (14-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone- just introducing myself 😀 and am keen for any advice/sharing of experiences too! We were supposed to be doing our first round of IVF this month but the cycle was cancelled due to only one follicle and low estrogen on day 6&7 of gonal f injections. I was on 225 dose but will be doubling that when we start next cycle in a couple of weeks. Hoping that I respond to that! I'm 38 (almost 39) I have two teenage children from my first marriage and my partner & I have had just about every test/exploration done and all normal except I have low AMH of 2.6. Also tried clomid and produce two big follicles on that but no success. We have been ttc for 2 years now. Wish you all the very best of luck on your journey- good to share this crazy journey with other who know what it is like 😀

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ceadardust.....I am in the middle of a natural FET(sually 28 cycle). On day 2 you give bloods and probably around day 9ish again. Then around day 12 I had bloods at the clinic and a vaginal ultrasound to check the lining. Bloods the following day to check for ovulation and a once of trigger injection the following day. 2 days later I am about to start pessaries(gel/bullets!) and in for transfer on Monday midday. Fingers crossed. Best of luck. May the last one be the best one xx

15. The Following User Says Thank You to hopeh3 For This Useful Post:

Caesardust  (14-08-2015)