Closed Thread
Page 26 of 98 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Myshell87 View Post
    So frustrated right now.
    For those who don't know my story. I early m/c late last month. (Nearly 4 weeks ago now)
    My FS has been tracking my hcg as it hasn't dropped as expected.
    I thought today would be the day where it dropped below 10. Instead my progesterone has jumped from 2 to 19 & my hcg has jumped from 49 to 87.

Im thinking a d&c is my only option here.

I've never had one before so I'm a little nervous about what happens next.

I just wish things were easy!!
    That's crappy @Myshell87. Haven't had that experience with my m/c, 2 out of 3 I had d&c as soon as I knew.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Babymcchicken View Post
    That's crappy @Myshell87. Haven't had that experience with my m/c, 2 out of 3 I had d&c as soon as I knew.
    Im really not sure what to expect.
    Did you need to have time off work to rest for a few days following the procedure?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies.
    Got the great news after epu yesterday (Tuesday) that we have 11 embryos growing. Yay!!
    However my fs wants to do a transfer at day 3, Friday. I am right in saying day 5 is Sunday? They are saying success rate is just as good but that can't be right.
    Anyone had an embryo transfer on a Sunday?
    Advice?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default IVF/FET Aug Sept 2015

Quote Originally Posted by sunny79 View Post
    Hi ladies.
    Got the great news after epu yesterday (Tuesday) that we have 11 embryos growing. Yay!!
    However my fs wants to do a transfer at day 3, Friday. I am right in saying day 5 is Sunday? They are saying success rate is just as good but that can't be right.
    Anyone had an embryo transfer on a Sunday?
    Advice?
    Someone I know recently had EPU on a Tues and had their ET at day 6 on a Monday as the clinic was closed Sunday. Day 3 honestly can't tell you much about your embies. I've had embies that reached day 3 and been fine only to lag or drop off completely after that. But you can still have success from them, obviously.

My clinic doesn't do EPUs on a Tuesday for this exact reason. I'm surprised other clinics still do!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sariele For This Useful Post:

sunny79  (13-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi sunny79. Yes I had a transfer on a Sunday ( day 5).
    I'm not sure about the differences in day 3 to day 5 but I thought that they wanted to see which ones survived etc and divided and then chose from there. But I guess if they aren't open then it becomes difficult with that Option

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Hopeful37 For This Useful Post:

sunny79  (13-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF/FET Aug Sept 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Myshell87 View Post
    Im really not sure what to expect.
    Did you need to have time off work to rest for a few days following the procedure?
    I have a feeling they were done on Thursday & Friday, so I took the Friday off & had the weekend to recover... More of an emotional recovery really, to be ready to face people/clients at work

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Babymcchicken For This Useful Post:

Hopeful37  (12-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

I have been following just not posting! I am doing a FET and took my trigger last night and due transfer on Monday. In regards to day 5 fresh cycle,I had a day 5 embryo as some embryos don't last the long etc. Have a DD as a result! And she was transferred on a Sunday. Its Any one know if the best grade egg is selected for FET or is it the top of rod??!! Wanna make sure the best one is put in !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Sunny79, I've had transfers at day 2,3,4 & 5. All embryos have been good quality, but the only successful transfer that resulted in DD was the day 2 transfer. I believe (non-scientifically!) that for some people the embryos are better in than out. There is a lot of science in IVF but there is also a lot of luck! Best of luck for your transfer!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Lovebubs77 For This Useful Post:

sunny79  (13-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks lovebubs77. I feel a bit better now. I have read so much (too much) about the drop off from day 3 to day 5 and was really concerned.
    Guess tomorrow is the big day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So it looks like my first attempt is a fail. Only 4dp5dt and I'm bleeding. Thinking I might jump straight on the band wagon and move onto transfer #2.