Closed Thread
Page 25 of 97 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    8dp5dt should give a reliable result. My bfp was at 5dp5dt

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi everyone. Got the bt call today to say it was a negative which I was expecting. What I wasn't expecting was the total unempathetic way that news was delivered by the nurse. I'm still quite angry about it so just a small rant from me. I mean I know nurses are not counsellors but you expect that they will at least triage after giving that news to either a doctor for more information or a counsellor for support. It was so cold like being told you'd been rejected for a bank loan with no reason why. Not rising to it I moved on and asked how I could potentially explore another fs opinion from my clinic's partner clinic. I was told well.... That would be perceived as you picking and choosing services. Umm don't get me wrong but isn't that my right as a patient and customer of one of these clinics. To have a choice in the services I receive? I didn't say any of this but the whole interaction has left a real sour taste in my mouth. I know ivf clinics can't guarantee positive results but aren't they accountable for something. I feel like I now have a total lack of faith and trust in the process. For those who have had several failed attempts did you ever feel you had no power over anything?The process, the results or even your body anymore? Sorry if it's a bit too much of a rant but just feeling fed up by all of it. Wondering if going to a new and more expensive clinic is the best option and kind of kicking myself I didn't do that from the start. Does anyone feel you only get what you pay for with ivf???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear your result @Caesardust. Is your clinic one of the low cost clinics? I have only ever been with my clinic and really can't fault them. They aren't a low cost clinic but I'm not sure in comparison with others, it's about $8k for a full stim, last cycle I was out of pocket about $3k. All of the nurses are lovely and very caring whichever way the cycle goes. Though another reason I have gone back there is I did have DD through her so I have confidence she knows what she's doing. If you feel like you should go elsewhere then do it, don't waste time if you don't feel comfortable. I hope you get a chance to rest up and take care of yourself, I know how heartbreaking a BFN is.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to hope77 For This Useful Post:

Caesardust  (12-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    AFM I have been keeping a low profile but following along. Started lucrin this week, bloods on Monday to see when I'll start my puregon. Looking forward to getting things moving since my missed miscarriage earlier in the year and I feel the clock ticking!! Hope everyone is traveling well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Caesardust- I'm sorry to hear of your sad news, I'm a nurse and I think all nurses should be empathetic, no matter how much they are getting paid. If it helps you at all, I am with a high cost clinic, my hubby and I went to our current clinic for a second opinion as we werent happy with our first clinic which was slightly lower cost but splitting hairs really. The difference is that we are alot happier with our doctor with our current clinic and have faith in her. Having said that....there are times when I am mistrusting in the staff and feel like we are just another client to them and wonder whether there is something else they could be doing. I think it is the nature of the whole process as there are so many what ifs. Go with your gut feeling, if you are happy with your doctor then that's all you need to worry about, the nurses and other staff are just followings your doctors requests and orders. Maybe look into seeing a counsellor at your clinic to talk about how you're feeling as its such a traumatic process all of this, it can help to talk about it. Thinking of you xxx
    Last edited by emby79; 11-08-2015 at 23:49.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to emby79 For This Useful Post:

Caesardust  (12-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm at my local budget clinic (although the costs are similar to what hope77 mentions!) and we're not allowed to request staff (even staff to avoid after a traumatic experience!) They also have my last treatment cycle down incorrectly which is causing them to wonder why my body is responding so slowly, they won't believe me when I correct them!

Thanks
    Reviews
    So sorry about bad experiences guys. I am at a more expensive clinic as the is all that it available in my remote area. I know if I have no success soon I will wonder if we have made the right choice. Saying that, they are very lovely!

AFM, it FET day. 2 embies thawed successfully, so crossing my fingers that one will stick!

Thanks
    Reviews
    What @Charlie74 said!
    Sorry to hear it was a negative @Caesardust. It's hard enough getting that result without attitude to boot. Sending lots of warm fuzzies and gentle hugs your way. Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Whoops! Also wanted to say that i am at a full service clinic and the nurse coordinator/midwife and I do not gel. At all.
    The doctor is lovely and both are great at what they do, but i haven't been able to establish any rapport with her. Which is really the last thing i want to have to put energy into...
    Know you can't click with everyone but it would be good if it was a bit better a rship. Oh well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So frustrated right now.
    For those who don't know my story. I early m/c late last month. (Just over 3weeks ago now)
    My FS has been tracking my hcg as it hasn't dropped as expected.
    I thought today would be the day where it dropped below 10. Instead my progesterone has jumped from 2 to 19 & my hcg has jumped from 49 to 87.

Im thinking a d&c is my only option here.

I've never had one before so I'm a little nervous about what happens next.

I just wish things were easy!!
    Last edited by RubyGirl; 12-08-2015 at 13:35.