Closed Thread
Page 10 of 97 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi kooki,

I am so sorry to hear that I can't imagine how hard this is. If u don't mind me asking how long have you been trying IVF?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to neeks801 For This Useful Post:

Kookii  (23-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the needle advice! DH will have to do it for me, do you ever get used to it all?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol probably not. Im a nurse si im used to giving then to ppl. But i still got wrk my self up to do mine lol

Hi kooki, soz bout ur bfn. Ru doing a freash cycle nxt?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    A hint with doing your own shots!! Ice it fir a min or so until you skin feels a little numb, I had to do my own on my stim cycle and this was my life saver

6. The Following User Says Thank You to stillfuntryin For This Useful Post:

neeks801  (23-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @corzjayne @neeks801

That was our second transfer, had two full cycles but transfers were cancelled for high risk of ohss. We've got only one frosty left, so we're thinking of taking a rest for a couple of months to save money and then start a new cycle.

We need to talk to our FS yet and see what's next. ATM, putting DH on vitamins again (he's got severe oligospermia, motility and abnormal shape).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fingers crossed for you over stimulation of the ovaries seems really common! I know it may be strange but I am looking forward to starting next week, I know that it will be hard but we have just had so much disappointment since we have been TTC that it feels nice to be actually doing something to improve our chance!

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks for the advice @stillfuntryin any other tips

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @neeks801you are going in with the right attitude!! Take every step as a hurdle you've jumped! Don't have high expectations, I remember being so disappointed I only got 6 at EPU but 5 made it, I now have a son from my first FET and will hopefully get pregnant again in September!! Oh and don't inject your needles close together, I got terrible bruising from doing it!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to stillfuntryin For This Useful Post:

neeks801  (23-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey neeks, best of luck. I know some people recommend ice but I used a hot water bottle on my belly for a couple of minutes the first time and then you can have a snuggle with it when the job is done! A few seconds blast of a warm hairdryer works too. The first one is the hardest as you don't know what to expect but honestly I never found it painful ( its just the thoughts of it!). I had plenty to pinch when doing the injections too so maybe it was finally of benefit to have a muffin top! Vent on here if necessary!!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to hopeh3 For This Useful Post:

neeks801  (23-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone, I will make sure we spread the needles out. I have an irrational fear of needles so this could b good for me lol. So happy to hear your success story @stillfuntryin