Closed Thread
Page 1 of 97 1231151 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default IVF/FET Aug Sept 2015

I know I'm probably starting this thread way too early, but I'm impatient and would love to chat with others who are still a couple of months out from cycling.

We will be kicking off TTC #2 with an FET cycle starting late August, hopefully. There are a few factors involved before I know for sure it'll be then, mostly that I'm living in England and I am flying back to Aus for this (staying in Perth, but my clinic is in Brisbane, so I will be flying Per-Bris just for the transfer itself), and I won't be able to book my flights for a few weeks, which means there's a chance I could miss out on a seat and need to postpone. But I'm guessing I'll be able to find something! Our DS (who will be 18 months by then) will be coming with me too, as the other purpose of this trip is for a visit to stay with my parents and catch up with people. Can't believe I'm flying long-haul on my own with a toddler... gulp!

Anyway, we have 3 frosties from our successful cycle with DS, 2x day 5 and 1x day 6. I'm hoping to transfer the two day 5s... I don't have a lot of faith in them as I have a history of bad eggs and embies (took us 5 full stims to get DS and these frosties), but I'm still very hopeful that there's a slim chance that one of them could possibly give us another baby.

If not though, we won't be able to stim again til we move back to Aus, which could be at least a couple of years, so there's a lot riding on this FET... even though I'm not by any means expecting it to work, I'll still be crushed if (when) it doesn't.

Anyway, I'll leave it there for now and hope some others can join me soon.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sariele For This Useful Post:

emby79  (07-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bumping so the thread doesn't get lost.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hoping to organise our mandatory screening bloods this week, as our clinic needs updated data. Not going to be cheap though, it's apparently going to cost us £309 each!! I also need to finally book a Skype appt with my FS, I've been putting it off for ages, but since it's around 2.5 months now before I'm hoping to cycle, I'd best get the formalities out of the way. The FN has already emailed me consent forms, but we can't do them till closer to transfer date, as the one for the actual transfer itself is only valid for 60 days after being signed and witnessed.

Hope to see some other Aug/Sept IVFers soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Been in contact with my clinic again. I can't do the Skype appt with FS for a couple of weeks as he's on leave from next week. But I will book that in anyway. Secondly, I ended up ordering a blood test kit for DH and I online (yeah you can do that apparently, crazy). But I screwed up.. all the paperwork just has my name on it as there was nothing in the ordering process where you could enter the names of the people being tested, it was just a normal online checkout process. I should have done a completely separate order for DH, d'oh!! Hopefully they can send out a second lot of paperwork for him too. We spent an awful lot of money on this, so they freaking should!

This thread reads like a personal IVF journal or something, lol. I knew I started it way too early! :P

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi sariele..ladies
    Im also counting down the days.

due to start bcp on 19 july and stim injections on 19th august.
    Egg collection on 31st august.

This is our 2nd fresh stim cycle. We didnt make it to transfer on 1st go as i under responded to stims and only got 3eggs ect.

We have male factor low sperm count. Me 28 and dh 29. Been trying 3yrs.

We live in country western australia but are travelling to sydney for our ivf.

Sooo exited doesnt help being so impatient lol

7. The Following User Says Thank You to corzjayne For This Useful Post:

emby79  (07-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF/FET Aug Sept 2015

Ooh yay, company finally! Hi and thanks for joining me. Funny that we're both having to travel for our cycles! Pretty similar times too, I should end up having transfer maybe a week after you. I hope the FSH does the job for you this time.. it totally sucks that the first and often subsequent stim cycles are just science experiments! It took us four full stim cycles to conclude that I have inexplicably bad eggs. First two cycles we were using old frozen sperm of DH's, so they assumed it was the bad sperm causing the problems. Next time we used donor and got another bad result, then tried again with a different donor and got an even worse result! So I went on a couple of different drugs and several supplements for three months, then tried again with the first donor, and we finally got five blasties (two transferred, three frozen) and our gorgeous DS. I spent the whole first tri convinced that we couldn't possibly be that lucky, but eventually managed to relax and enjoy the pregnancy for the most part (still stressed from time to time over nothing, cause that's just me, lol).

Sk anyway, my Skype consult with FS is booked for July 1st, so once that's done I think everything will feel a bit more real. I'm excited but also dreading the more-than-likely scenario of a BFN. :/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow sariel looks like u been through alot.
    We have skype appointments too.

Glad u have sum snow babies ready to go.hope u get ur flights on time. We booked our flyings early to get a good deal.
    Im waighr for my last af before i start meds bcp. Pms hit me last pm lol
    Ivwish on a star every night we get to transfer.

What fsh nex were u on and how much..im worried they will under dose me again coz im youger. Im was on puregon 150 last time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey there, we will be cycling again in early August all going well. We are a same sex couple from outback SA -so we also have to travel for appointments.

We have tried IUIx1, & IVFx2, with no luck. We have one frostie, but i think we'll do another stim cycle to try and get some more frosties in the bank.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kool kazzy36 r u doing ivf in SA or sumwhere eles? And will u be c transfering an embryo in to uterus or ur partners? Exiting x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi kazzy, thanks for joining us! Totally understand wanting to get some frosties behind you, definitely a smart thing to do.

Corz in my successful cycle my FS blasted my ovaries with maximum dose: 600ui Gonal F. Managed to get 15 eggs, all mature. Prior to that, my next best was 8 with 7 mature, I think. I can't remember the doses on previous cycles but I'm sure I never went higher than 300, possibly no higher than 225. FS was pretty confident I wasn't going to overstim though, and he was right.