+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Stroller and Capsule Options

Can anybody recommend any stroller and capsule combo's? I'm after something relatively cheap, I really like the Steelcraft Profile with the SNS Unity Capsule but wanted to check if there were other options, is there any lightweight strollers that can take the Maxi Cosi capsules? Specifically after strollers only. Got plenty of time becos I'm not preggers yet, just searching options.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We bought ours in UK so not sure if capsules are same over here but we got baby jogger city mini gt which wasn't particularly expensive and the attachments for the maxi cosi cabrio capsule. In the UK the maxi cosis are the most popular ones so most strollers have the adapters for it. I think the adapters were about $40 and the capsule about $200.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @LoveHart I had a c sec first time so wanted to ensure my pram was as light as could be. I got a valco snap4 (about $200 from memory) and purchased the capsule with base and pram adapter. The pram is only just over 6kg and folds nearly flat so a grwat space saver too. Will easily accomodate both a baby (once outgrown the capsule) and a toddler. It is also really easy to pull apart and clean

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Stroller and Capsule Options

The SnS unity capsule is the best as it goes till 12kg or 12mth rear facing. The others are all 9kg or 6mths. My P&T sport goes with the unity. I'm going to use it again in October. Best investment ever- has lasted me six years and three kids.

I'd suggest you buy a pram second hand and a new capsule.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia View Post
    The SnS unity capsule is the best as it goes till 12kg or 12mth rear facing. The others are all 9kg or 6mths. My P&T sport goes with the unity. I'm going to use it again in October. Best investment ever- has lasted me six years and three kids.

I'd suggest you buy a pram second hand and a new capsule.
    The maxi cosi cabrio goes up to 13kg. My 18 month old has been in it recently as he's only 10.6kg.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nh2489 View Post
    The maxi cosi cabrio goes up to 13kg. My 18 month old has been in it recently as he's only 10.6kg.
    No capsules in Australia have a 13kg weight limit and from memory the Cabrio is a UK seat - in Australia the only seats we can legally use are those that meet AU/NZ standards. If you are in Australia you might want to double check - it's a hefty fine if you get caught.

I have a Sns unity - the new ones are height based not weight based and my middle child would have fit at almost 2. They will fit 95% of 12 month olds. In saying that a lot of people find capsules really hard to lift in and out of the car once their kids reach 6 months.

I have a profile stroller too - love it! I also have a bigger pram that rf's for when my kids are babies.

AdornedWithCats is online now Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    I got an sns unity for ds. Loved it. We stopped using it at about 7.5 months when he was 10kg, he was just under the height marker but he was starting to look a bit squished in it. Had I gotten one of the "to 6 months" ones he probably would have grown out of it by 3 months - he's a big bub.

We used it with the Baby Jogger City Select which I also love but that pram is quite expensive.
    Last edited by AdornedWithCats; 05-06-2015 at 09:08.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We hired our capsule as it was a cheaper option.

We had a bugaboo bee with DD

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Everybody, I think I'm still sold on the Unity with the Profile stroller, I have C-sections (this will be my 4th C-section) plus have 3 kids for school run so wanted a stroller to hang bags on the handles etc.. Make my life easier when bubs is little. Thanks for all the advice

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh that's good to know, I quite like the Chicco travel system, will be sure to check that out too.