+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We just found out, this morning, that the school we had DSD down for enrollment for years 7-12, is doing this.

We pulled her enrollment. The school begged us to reconsider- apparently a LOT have pulled out. We asked if they would reconsider the teachings, they said no, so we said no.

This afternoon, I enrolled DSD in a different school.

*Disclaimer- their mother was informed, she doesn't care either way as we are covering secondary school.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Anti marriage equality being pushed in Catholic schools

Quote Originally Posted by DT75 View Post
    We just found out, this morning, that the school we had DSD down for enrollment for years 7-12, is doing this.

We pulled her enrollment. The school begged us to reconsider- apparently a LOT have pulled out. We asked if they would reconsider the teachings, they said no, so we said no.

This afternoon, I enrolled DSD in a different school.

*Disclaimer- their mother was informed, she doesn't care either way as we are covering secondary school.
    Did you not know the Catholic Church is against gay marriage regardless of the pamphlet? I definitely don't agree with the majority of what the Catholic Church thinks so it would never even cross my mind to send DS to a catholic school
    Last edited by Elijahs Mum; 10-06-2015 at 20:06.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (10-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    Did you not know the Catholic Church is against gay marriage regardless of the pamphlet? I definitely don't agree with the majority of what the Catholic Church thinks so it would never even cross my mind to send DS to a catholic school
    I'm Catholic- so yes I knew. However, the school had never had any anti-gay teachings or promotion. Until now.
    And just because a school is Catholic, does not mean that it will focus on the teachings of the church only.

The other school we have her now enrolled in is also Catholic, and we raised points with them first to see what their teachings are- they are all about inclusion and acceptance, tolerance and religion. Yes, they have school masses, and things have a Catholic background, but it's done in the "do unto others as you would have them do undo you" (a Catholic teaching) way. They do not support the pamphlets, and have a few gay teachers on staff.
    Last edited by DT75; 11-06-2015 at 10:57. Reason: spelling

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DT75 For This Useful Post:

beebs  (11-06-2015),meredithgreyxxx  (11-06-2015),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (11-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I support and accept all, but this is not the world we live in, unfortunately.

if a school, of any denomination provides information based on their holistic beliefs, then it is up to each family/parent (whatever their relationship is made of) to decide if that is how they wish to bring their children up.

i read that some parents chose to de register their child And register them another school. This is important, as schooling is not purely based on education. Yes, this is very important, but the social view and environment alter the beliefs of our growing up patterns. I don't believe we, as parents, wld ALWAYS completely agree with any schools decisions, thoughts and teachings, BUT, if a school based on any form of religious grounds, has a view that is obviously supported by the management, staff and mass attendees - then it should be able to provide information based on its beliefs.

do I agree with the sending out of pamphlets and information based on outdated and narrow mindedness? NO WAY

but, we all have choices, and if a particular school, be it catholic, Anglican, Christian or nondenominational- we must accept that they are guided, and believe what information they provide is correct.

By all means, talk to the school or organisation about your concerns, but it comes down to parents etc. to accept their teachings, or not.