+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Laparoscopic egg collection - has anyone done this?

I have stage 4 endo and I've just had my IVF cycle cancelled as my ovaries are in a crappy position for EPU, and not sure if they'll ever be in a good position. So while I've been waiting for my appt with the endo surgeon I've been googling and found an american website that talks about EPU via laparoscopy.

So I'm wondering if anyone has ever done that here in Australia? Is it possible here? If you've done it, can you tell me any more info?

Thanks in advance

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Mink, I have several fibroids that make it difficult to get to one of my ovaries so my FS does EPU via my stomach to access that ovary. I don't think it's technically a laparoscopy - he uses an ultrasound and sticks the needle straight through my stomach. It doesn't hurt afterwards at all and it has worked for my last two EPUs, though he has mentioned he can do it via laparoscopy if necessary. I get the impression it's not very common as the nurses seem surprised that i've got the stomach wound when I'm in recovery.

Not sure if this helps or not.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    They do it here in wa if needed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @PinkPopsicle @Penny75 that's given me some hope! I'm in NSW so hopefully they can do something like that for me here