+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Older mums - in your 40s

I'm 46 and possibly pregnant, possibly perimenopausal. Have had blood tests today to work out. I always wanted another baby but it never happened - my 2 are 12 and 15 and we haven't used contraception since the birth of #2.
    Any older mums or mums of 'surprise' babies about?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm 42, my surprise baby is 1 this week. I was sure I was perimenopausal and not ovulating was so shocked to be pregnant again! I have 2 other kids 5&8. Pregnancy was fine uneventful I think. Having 3 is a struggle but bub is lovely. Just a bad sleeper I'm in the car with her now while she naps

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd love to be pregnant again - I never felt 'done'. There is the fear of being older and the risk of birth defects etc, also my two previous pregnancies resulted in prem Caesar delivery due to preeclampsia #1 and HELLP #2. We run our own business so taking a year off would be hard but we'd work it out!
    Deep down I'm pretty sure this is related to menopause but hoping for it not to be!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh wow Nico69, I'm hoping you are - it would give me hope that at 45, I might still be in with a chance. I think I'm perimenopausal too - very irregular periods for the past six months. I would dearly love to have another baby. Please keep us up to date when you find out for sure. Good luck!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to siansmum For This Useful Post:

Nico69  (04-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico69 View Post
    I'd love to be pregnant again - I never felt 'done'. There is the fear of being older and the risk of birth defects etc, also my two previous pregnancies resulted in prem Caesar delivery due to preeclampsia #1 and HELLP #2. We run our own business so taking a year off would be hard but we'd work it out!
    Deep down I'm pretty sure this is related to menopause but hoping for it not to be!!
    Good luck I hope so xx

7. The Following User Says Thank You to lilypily For This Useful Post:

Nico69  (04-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Period just came 😢 so guess it's menopause on the way.
    Very sad but there would have been so many risks it's probably better this way ......