+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Nappy change nightmares

Hi ladies. My DS1 who is 14months old in 2 days has decided that he hates nappy changes. I mean he sometimes screams bloody murder with tears ********* down his face. Yesterday when arrived to pick him up from daycare he was screaming during a nappy change. It breaks my heart. He has just started walking (2weeks ago) and seems to just want to do it all the time so once he is placed on the change table he just wont have it. I try and dress him while he is sitting up or standing but he has to lie down for nappy changes. Anyone else gone through this?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yep, it's a painful time for all involved! We did a mixture of things - holding them down and just getting it done as quickly as possible; using some 'special' toys such as my mobile with games/songs on it, keys, bubbles; and using the nappy pants that you can buy (you can then change standing up). It does pass eventually!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sajimum View Post
    Yep, it's a painful time for all involved! We did a mixture of things - holding them down and just getting it done as quickly as possible; using some 'special' toys such as my mobile with games/songs on it, keys, bubbles; and using the nappy pants that you can buy (you can then change standing up). It does pass eventually!

Thank you for the response. So its a normal behavior for this age?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to FTMumma For This Useful Post:

sajimum  (03-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I started a similar thread when dd was 10 months old lol. It would end with both dd and I in tears.
    Just letting you know it's STILL a challenge and dd is 2! So I haven't figured anything that helps.... The only thing was I had a strap on the change table to buckle her down and just fight her through it. She no longer fights me as such but resists it.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

sajimum  (03-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FTMumma View Post
    Thank you for the response. So its a normal behavior for this age?
    Definitely 'normal' (or not abnormal at least!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    I started a similar thread when dd was 10 months old lol. It would end with both dd and I in tears.
    Just letting you know it's STILL a challenge and dd is 2! So I haven't figured anything that helps.... The only thing was I had a strap on the change table to buckle her down and just fight her through it. She no longer fights me as such but resists it.

Oh dear well I won't expect it to end anytime soon. I feel you with the tears. Sometimes he acts as though I'm hurting him the way he screams it's an awful ordeal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yep I think they all go through it. I just try to distract ds as much as possible with a toy, something for him to ply with etc. our problem is he just rolls all over the table trying to grab everything in sight such as nappies, cream etc and they normally end up in the floor! Some days you do just have to fight them though and accept that while they don't like it we all have to go through things we dislike and you're not hurting him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Nappy change nightmares

Yep my 20 month DS hates nappy change time. Started months ago and no improvement. Still a fight every nappy change!
    You're not alone!
    Last edited by TeamCarts; 03-06-2015 at 12:34.

Thanks
    Reviews
    At this stage I find changing on the floor easier. I sit with my legs in front of me and use my feet to pin their shoulders down - it minimises the rolling but not the yelling.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    All kids I know have gone through it.

The best thing (I've found) is just just stick with the way you usually do it, and ignore the crying. It's their 'want' rather than their 'need'.