Closed Thread
Page 89 of 102 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Lisa Maria Congratulations Mumma!!! big hugs xx I know how stressful feeding issues can be. This probably gives little comfort but the fact you have tried SO SO hard makes you can amazing Mumma x these are all things you have no control over.
    @SugarBerry Congratulations on Liam. Wowzers what a big day. That sucks re your csec. How is he today? I agree with SoReady keep up on drugs, both in hospy and for a few weeks at home. If you get stiff its hard to get on top of it. I promise in a few weeks you will feel so so so much better! @stolz I would call the maternity ward and speak directly to them! Def sounds a bit off. I have stripped weight off this time too, less than 2kg to hit my prepreg weight!!!

AFM all going well here. Miss 2 has had a horrid cold from daycare (complete with fevers & vomiting). Managed to keep bubba away from it but I caught it - so much coughing coughing! I forgot how much (of the good) medication you cant have while BF.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dancingbutterfly For This Useful Post:

SugarBerry  (01-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SugarBerry View Post
    Hi everyone, sorry the past few days have been a whirlwind, finding it hard to keep up with everything!

Bubs has arrived! Liam Robert arrived via emergency csection on 20 February! He is a great weight for his gestational age of 35w5d, weighing in at 2.7kg or 5.9p! Although he has since lost alot of weight he is still doing ok. He is in special care nursery and as lve been bedridden l only really saw him 2 times since he was born but last night l was able to get up and visit him for feeds and start the skin to skin cuddles.
    A quick birth story, warning its not too nice so l hope l dont freak anyone out!
    My csection was horrid, in the end he had to come out quick quick, my labour started and with each contraction his heart rate dropped so we were down in theatre within like an hour.....no time for an epi so they did a spinal block which apparently is faster, but it only numbed my left side and hardly numbed my right side, they started the csection and l could feel them cutting me so they tilted me a bit to my right to see if the block would move across and then they tried again, l still could feel them cutting me, was so awful and distressing! After that they had to knock me out completely and do the csection under a general. Recovery for me was a nightmare l was there for 3 hours before my pain was under control.
    I didnt get to see Liam until l was wheeled past the special care nursery on my way to the ward.....thankfully l did get to have a 20 minute cuddle a few hours later.
    Ive been on the biggest cocktail of drugs so lm a bit out of it still so l hope that all makes sense!

Hope everyone else is doing well!
    What an intense thing to happen! Well he is out now, very happy for you. I hope your recovery is quick and you get to enjoy lots more cuddles xx

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MsViking For This Useful Post:

SugarBerry  (01-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Maria View Post
    Hi Everyone, congrats on all the new babies :-)

I haven't had time to do anything since baby has been born, i had no idea it was going to be this hard & crazy! India was born 10th Feb via C section. We have not been able to breast feed at all since day 1 and it has been so devastating. After being in hospital for 5 days and with at least 15 different midwives advice we checked out with still no success. Since being home I have been trying to get her to latch during day time feeds and in the meantime pumping and feeding her with a bottle. I have seen a private lactation consultant and still no success. We have no idea why, it might be my flat nipples but we have tried nipple shields, syringe feeding, pumping before latching and nothing is working. I feel like such a failure as this whole journey has been so hard, first with the infertility, then the C section and now she is here I can't even feed her and we both end up in tears every feeding. Anyway hopefully everyone is doing better than me at the moment and congrats on everyones deliveries xx
    Congrats - just wanted to say (in case nobody else has said it to you yet) you are NOT a failure if you can't bf! Go easy on yourself, sounds like you've given it a champion effort so far!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF babies due January/February/March 2016

@LisaMaria don't be too hard on yourself. Your giving it a red hot go! I totally know how you feel but. Zarli is purely bottle fed now due to breast feeding issues. My milk never came in and she has a mild tongue tie, and I took felt like the worst person in the world and got quite upset over it. She is thriving though and the midwives are really happy with her. But yes it still sits in the back of my mind that I have somehow failed her, even though we had issues out of our control. xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats @SugarBerry!! What a little chubba!! Wow, sorry u had to go thru that. How awful to be feel them cutting into u!! I'm so happy u and bubs are doing great now and u've been able to get more cuddles. Any idea how long u and Liam need to stay in hosp for? Wishing u a speedy recovery x

Yay @Lisa Maria!! Congrats on being a mummy! India is a gorgeous name, love it. The other girls are right, ur doing amazing and u need to stop beating urself up abt it. I know it's hard, but worrying won't help so try not to stress. It really sounds like u've tried all u can. Nothing wrong with a bottle fed bub. Out of my friends kids, the one that was bottle fed (formula as mum had no milk) is the smartest and tallest! It's not a disadvantage at all. U have a healthy baby and that's the main thing. Hope u can find peace with not breastfeeding soon xx

Wow @stolz!! Look at u!! U look amazing. Hoping to follow in ur footsteps but highly doubt it lol. Def don't wait to get the bleeding checked out. Call the hosp, I'm sure they'll know exactly what's going on.
    @dancingbutterfly boo for the cold, hope it stays away from bub!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to NizzleRizzle For This Useful Post:

SugarBerry  (01-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quick question, keep forgetting to ask at my appointments, how many people do they allow into the birthing room? I would like to have 3, dh, mum and sis...

Thanks
    Reviews
    @NizzleRizzle, I think it just depends on the hospital. Ours allows at least two extras.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it was two support people in birth rooms and one in theatre (csec).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just food for thought - Depends on how big the room is to. By the time I had me, DH, middie and OB there I didnt want anyone else in. Too overwhelming. I couldnt handle anyone talking as the pain ramped up just wanted to close my eyes and be in a quiet place.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks guys, sounds like 2 is standard. Can see how it would get overwhelming so prob a good thing... 6 weeks to go 😁😁😁