Closed Thread
Page 78 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stolz View Post
    @sydma I'm in for 11:30 Friday. Starting to freak a bit but so glad we will finally get to meet our miracle princess 💕
    Eekkk! One more sleep!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dancingbutterfly For This Useful Post:

stolz  (28-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    All the best tomorrow @stolz!! So excited for u to meet ur bubba!

Eeeik not long to go @Lisa Maria! I'm starting to think abt packing my bag too. I'll be overpacked for sure lol. Someone told me to take ur own bottle and dummy for bubs in case they need to be bottle fed it'll be better to start them on the one u'll be using at home instead of bubs getting used to hosp bottle then trying to switch at home after they are used to the hosp bottle could be a disaster... Not sure if the already mummies would agree with this? Would be good to have more opinions. Didn't think abt the formula sachets, thanks! Clothes wise, what abt yoga pants and mat singlets/cardi's? Might be easier to find loose/button tops than dresses....
    @dancingbutterfly thanks for ur lists. Hope ur hosp appointment went well. Do u have a date yet? Guess it won't be too long for u either!

I feel bad that I'm not concerned abt work as much as everyone else lol. The way I look at it, they've known I'm going on leave for at least 4 months now so why should I stress abt them not being ready once I leave! I've already been asked to stay longer (I only have 4 weeks off before my due date!) and also been asked to come back to work earlier... Umm no way!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to NizzleRizzle For This Useful Post:

stolz  (28-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @NizzleRizzle bottles snd dummies are totally up to you. If for your peace of mind you would prefer to have a back up in your bag then pop some in. The LCs will recommend you avoid bottles and pumping for 6 weeks to avoid any confusion and help your milk supply to stabilise HOWEVER you never know what your situation will be with BF. My OB said its alot of the stars all aligning. Some breasts will produce milk, some with difficulty, others wont and some babies will feed no problems, some will have issues. So you need to get the combo happening. Its not an easy natural thing, it takes practice so make sure you are all not hard on yourself when it starts x

I will wear basic yoga type pants and nursing singlets. Then have a cardy or top to throw over my singlet. Maternity type tshirts are fab. I still looked 5mths preggo in hospy lol. My dress is a loose one from Bali that I will slip the straps off to feed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by dancingbutterfly View Post
    @HopefulK and @SugarBerry
    I had alot more trouble finishing up in the role I had with DD (upper management). I was doing crazy long hours to get done! After the first few days it all disappeared though. Make sure you have a pamper session - facial or pedi - in that first few days to help with the relax!!!!
    Funny you say that I've booked a pamper day with friends for the day after I finish :-)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MsViking For This Useful Post:

dancingbutterfly  (28-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    All the best for tomorrow @stolz!!

Gosh your all organised, lve barely thought about packing anything...lol....l have some time though!

I didnt use wipes with my DD for the first couple of months, they are pretty harsh on soft newborn skin, l just used cotton balls and warm water to wipe and if really icky a natural moisturiser. Also l washed DD in extra virgin olive oil (good quality one), they do get slippery though if you use that!

As for dummies, get a couple of different brands as some babies prefer different shapes and some dont take them at all! Personal thing l guess but l found the dummy saved my sanity alot with my DD, but she got attached to it and didnt wean off it till almost 2.5 years old....

Granny knickers are a must after a csection, they are cheap in kmart so you can just throw away if you want!

Im so excited for the next bub to arrive!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to SugarBerry For This Useful Post:

stolz  (28-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck tomorrow @stolz!

Thanks for your tips on clothing and what to pack- Im starting to think about what I should be putting in the hospital bag but still a while away- 32+5 here

11. The Following User Says Thank You to SJ565 For This Useful Post:

stolz  (28-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Exciting day for you @stolz! Hope all goes well and can't wait to hear all about your new Bub! xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hooray for baby day!! Good luck today, please post a pic!! @stolz

Thank you so much for the advice, off to the shops today to get the last things @dancingbutterfly 11 days to go for me!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck @stolz!!!! Its time for that dream to come true x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Update from me! 38w today We have been tracking my BP all week and its still hovering on borderline high-very high but my pulse is erratic (skipping beats). All my urine and bt results have been good so far which is great news. Bub is sitting really high in my pelvis and cervix firmly shut! I have had some steroid shots incase bub needed to be delivered early but looks like we will be getting through to a csec next week. If my bp drops and all things start happening my OB will try for a vbac still if I want one. TBH now I am thinking that a planned csec is the way to go. I have a feeling that my body wont be happy in labour and BP will shoot up resulting in an emergency csec. I would rather a lovely calm experience! So not many sleeps left