Closed Thread
Page 77 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @stolz you must be v excited about 29th, 2 more days to go.have you everything packed? Im half done but as i only have a few clothes that fit me still ill have to leave it to the last minute. if he arrives early will be interesting trying to direct dh what to bring,massive knickers, check, nippple cream, check! For those looking fwd to mat leave i tried to be all organised too, hired my replacement who we then had to let go 2 weeks after i left after weeks of training. funny tho when you are off and removed from it all the care factor really does drop ALOTπŸ˜† xx

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sydma For This Useful Post:

stolz  (27-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi girls. OB appt today and my BP has risen again (same timing as with my DD). Bub isnt engaged so not worth attempting an induction today. Had a steroid shot and off for more tomorrow plus additional monitoring. Hoping that we can push through to next week but looks like I will be booking in a csec for anytime!!!! Eeekkkk!!!! I am scared/nervous/excited all in one ball

Thanks
    Reviews
    @sydma I found it hard to pack this time! My bag includes:
    Granny undies
    Nursing singlets and bras
    Black cotton pants (I get the cheap ones from kmart so I bin them if needed)
    A comfy dress
    Few loose tops to put on over nursing singlets when visitors arrive (I felt self conscious last time in just my singlets)
    A cardigan
    Two pairs of pjs with button tops
    Socks
    Thongs
    Nipple cream/breast pads/hydralite breast discs (amazing!!!!)
    Maternity pads
    Chargers/kindle
    Usual toiletries including some nice smelly wash to make me feel a bit special

Thanks
    Reviews
    @HopefulK and @SugarBerry
    I had alot more trouble finishing up in the role I had with DD (upper management). I was doing crazy long hours to get done! After the first few days it all disappeared though. Make sure you have a pamper session - facial or pedi - in that first few days to help with the relax!!!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to dancingbutterfly For This Useful Post:

SugarBerry  (28-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by dancingbutterfly View Post
    @HopefulK and @SugarBerry
    I had alot more trouble finishing up in the role I had with DD (upper management). I was doing crazy long hours to get done! After the first few days it all disappeared though. Make sure you have a pamper session - facial or pedi - in that first few days to help with the relax!!!!
    I'm in the same boat as you ladies. In finishing up work in three weeks and there is so much to do!
    Hiring of my replacement hasn't happened, so now I've just got to shrug and move on.
    My company is up for sale, depending on what happens I might get made redundant or not have a suitable job to come back to.
    No real point in stressing now though!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SJ565 For This Useful Post:

MsViking  (28-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @sydma I'm in for 11:30 Friday. Starting to freak a bit but so glad we will finally get to meet our miracle princess πŸ’•

10. The Following User Says Thank You to stolz For This Useful Post:

dancingbutterfly  (28-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies!

I have now been booked for C Sect as baby is still breech, 12 days to go
    @dancingbutterfly thanks for your hospital bag list! Its my first time so its great to know what to need especially for a C Sect.
    I have a loose fitting/mat dress from target I was going to take but it has a high neck so would be no good for feeding. Has anyone found any more suitable dresses from anywhere? About the granny undies, I've had people tell me to get these, however I have no idea what sort to get. Do you actually mean the really high waisted granny undies? They look so flimsy like they wouldn't hold a giant mat pad anyway?

Again any help would be appreciated!! And one more thing, I want to make sure I have enough supplies for bub, I am going to buy a thermometer today & baby panadol, I have nappy/rash cream, I thought I might buy a few sachets of formula just in case. Can anyone recommend anything else I need? You know just in case things go wrong in the middle of the night and there's no shops open? Thank you
    Hope everyone is doing well xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    yep total big massive black undies. I got mine from best n less and kmart. The kmart ones are more comfy imo.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Baby supply wise.... I would recommend:
    Thermometer - an ear or forehead one
    Nappy rash cream - I love moogoo bum cream or sudocream
    Baby wash - Again moo goo bubbly wash is lovely
    Baby panadol is good to have but its quite a few months before you can use from memory
    Eukyrub is great (similar to vicks but all natural) & when bub is tiny you pop it on the outside of their singlet rather than on their skin.
    Formula sachets can be a good idea, I wouldnt go a tin unless you def want to bottle feed. You can always grab one easily if need be.

For you I would add to your bag lanoslin nipple cream, hydralite breast discs (pop them in the fridge at hospy and home for amazing relief for sore nipples) and breast pads.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have some yummy snacks for yourself when you get home. Things that are easy to grab and eat while you are feeding. Bars, juice boxes, chips, mini chocs. I was STARVING for the first few weeks especially as my milk cane in!