Closed Thread
Page 71 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Also thinking of you @Rarah11....only two more sleeps to go!!! How are those nerves?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @freakedout44 ok thanks... Not sure I'll sleep well on Sunday but we'll see!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Rarah11 For This Useful Post:

Barca07  (10-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF babies due January/February/March 2016

So I'm now playing 'sitting duck' at my parents till bubs arrives. I went home yesterday and had a chat to my fiancé and we agreed it's not worth taking the risk on staying home any longer so he brought me back down today & now staying with my parents from here on in. Living 2hrs from where she is to be born & parents are 10min at most from the hospital. Fiancé still working up to 22nd feb but hopefully might finish up a week earlier. Bit of an emotional day but trying to look at the positives of it all and remind myself we are doing what is best for Bub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Happy Sunday all!
    @stolz hugs x Big day for you hun. It sounds like you are right where you need to be. Time for some pampering hun. Pedi, mani, movies etc
    @Rarah11 eeekkk 1 more sleep and you will have a bebe!!!! I cant remember, is this your first csec? Happy to answer any qs if so.
    How are all the other Mummas to be?? Hope you are all coping in this heat.

AFM - 35+2 here and feel VERY pregnant lol. My body is telling me to calm down a bit, loads of BHs and pelvic pain after a few big days. Time to have some baths and early nights! I forget that we are all at the end of our pregs now, its nearly go time.
    Finally got things sorted for bub this weekend. Hospital bag is mostly packed, baby clothes washed, car seats washed and ready to be installed (DD got new fwd facing only ones) and bassinette nearly all done. Phew!

Out of interest, anyone else going for a vbac?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @stolz sounds like you are doing the right thing - take it easy.

dancingbutterfly thanks - yes first one, just nervous about what to expect when they first come out!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Rarah11
    I wasnt in labour pre my csec, had 30mins notice due to late onset pre eclampsia (my BP went crazy). So although not planned I still found the whole process very calm. We spent the whole csec chatting about names etc. I didnt feel anything at all with the spinal. When DD was born they showed her to me immediately over the sheet. She then went directly to the peadiatrican who was beside my head. I could see her the whole time. He did a quick check and gave her a little bit of oxygen then she was bought to me for skin-skin contact. I had her for a bit while they were finishing the procedure. Then my partner took her into a room next door in recovery and had some skin-skin cuddles while they moved me onto another bed and wheeled me to recovery (we were apart for 5mins?). She didnt leave his arms the whole time. In recovery she was straight back to me for first feed then stayed skin-skin while we were wheeled back to our room.

I found that immediately after she was out I did get the shakes. It is a wierd feeling but let them know as they can give you something. Very normal, its just your body reacting.

Also its normal to feel quite hot and sweaty after. I forgot this at the time but had this insane itch as a reaction to morphine (?). The dr had prescribed me something if I needed it but I forgot and didnt tell the nurses at the time. Def do if it happens!!!

It is a bit of a bother having to be stuck in bed for a good 12hrs ish but it will go fast. The first time you stand it feels wierd, but my friend gave me great advice to stand up straight (slowly lol). Once I had stood up straight the first time i was fine & found it easy to walk. Keep up the meds, say yes to the drugs! My OB said its easier to stay on top of any pain then try to go without and get stiff.

Although I am trying for a vbac I would be totally comfortable with another csec if it has to happen. Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    @dancingbutterfly thanks is always good to hear other people's experiences - glad it was calming even though my planned! I think maybe we'll need to discuss names too...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Stolz - sounds like a good plan to be closer to hospy!

Dancingbutterfly - not long for you now! Im not doing VBAC lm planning another csection.

@Rarah - one more sleep, so exciting!! My csection with my DD was ok, l was in labour for 22 hours prior but it didnt progress. It wasnt an emergency as such but they still classed it as one. I felt a little tugging as they were pulling her out but it went faster than l expected, from the time they said they were starting to the moment they lifted her over the curtin was like 5-10 minutes, I wasnt prepared as l thought it would take alot longer! My mum stayed with her while she was being checked then l had a quick picture taken with her thenshe was taken out of the op suite to be weighed etc while l being stitched up, which took longer than for her to be cut out of me. I had a small breathing issue and reacted to the epi/spinal block, I was shaking and couldnt speak plus my legs swelled up like balloons!
    I got to hold DD properly in recovery and tried to breastfeed her there.
    Every experience is different, I truley hope yours is a beautiful experience.
    The only advice l can offer is breastfeeding can be difficult, I struggled to get good attachment for a couple of weeks, just take advice that helps, you will get conflicting advice from different midwives, so just see what works best for you and bubs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck for tomorrow, @Rarah11

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck @Rarah11. We're thinking of you. x