Closed Thread
Page 55 of 102 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks NizzleRizzle. I am super uncomfortable unfortunately. I have abdominal separation and an umbilical hernia so I really am counting down the days. I'm not ready for baby yet but am certainly ready to not be pregnant anymore.

Keep your eyes on Catch of the day and Mumgo. Last time I picked up lots of baby things for way cheaper than the shops. Even this time I got a swing that is in the baby stores for $180-250 and I picked it up for $65!
    Also, our baby monitor I bought through an online eBay store (brand new) but saved about $70 compared with the retail stores.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the tips @SoReady! I need to work on a shopping list! Ab separation sounds nasty... Hope managing and recovering from that isn't too bad. Is it common?

Lol @freakedout44 it's so annoying. I've been requested by my fam to get the gender written down and pass it on to them so they can shop but wondering if they will give it away accidentally. Might have to be a surprise for everyone I think!

How many weeks before due date is everyone finishing up work? For those with kids already, how close to ur due date were u when u gave birth? Im thinking of finishing abt a month before due date but don't know if that's not long enough...

Thanks
    Reviews
    @NizzleRizzle I'm hoping to work up to 36 weeks but the longer I go on the more I'm thinking about going at 35weeks lol. I start work at 5:30am so it's starting to get a bit of a struggle but will just take each day as it comes at this stage

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF babies due January/February/March 2016

@NizzleRizzle the surprise will be worth the wait and they will have years ahead to buy little boy or little girl clothes!

I've decided to finish up just before 38 weeks. I have a desk job so that helps. I'd rather have the extra time after bubs comes.

I may finish up earlier if I start getting to tired or sore though.

My obs suggested 36 - 38 weeks is best of you are in good health.

Thanks
    Reviews
    NizzleRizzle wow that is a big ask by your family. If you really want a surprise then I would tend to agree that you don't tell anyone as someone is bound to slip up.

I am not working this time around but last time I worked up to 36 weeks in the office then helped out with some extra hours for another week or so from home. I went into labour at 40+1. I am really glad I had those few weeks off in between to rest and do a few last minute things and just wind down and get my head away from work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We aren't letting anyone find out the gender- if we can't, they can't!
    Ive also been thinking about when to finish up work. I have a project on which finishes in late Feb. I'de like to see that out, and finish up the week after, which will be finishing at 37 weeks.
    How long is everyone taking off work? And are you thinking return part-time or reduced hours, or back to your previous workload?
    I currently work full time with a significant travel commitment. My DP does shift work (24/7 shifts), so I just don't see how I could go back to doing what I'm doing right now. If Im away for a week, and DP has a night shift....

Thanks
    Reviews
    I finished at just over 36w with my DD but this time lm finishing earlier at about 34w. I took 10 months off first time around and returned only 4 days per week (used to work full time). Im hoping to take 12 months off this time but unsure if I will return to same job as its quite demanding.
    If you feel ok and can be bothered finishing between 36 -38w is great.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SugarBerry For This Useful Post:

SJ565  (15-11-2015),stolz  (16-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF babies due January/February/March 2016

With DD I finished up around 34 weeks but was a couple of weeks overdue as well. I went back when she was 6 months old and full time by the time she was 7 months.

This time I'm officially finishing at around 36 weeks but between 34-36 I'm hoping to wind back gradually, do some handover with my replacement etc. Then spend a bit of time with DD who will have just started proper kinder. Hoping to take about a year off, going back 4 days pw.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This year I only did some casual contract work from home which I have finished already. I'm not going to do anything next year. Bub is due at the start of Feb and DS1 will only be 19 months. The following year I plan to get back into my uni course to try and finish it off. Probably just part time though. I'm just to try and get to a masters while the kids are little and not go back to full time work til they are about school age (I hope).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Very sad to hear @Barca07 news, as if the IVF journey isn't hard enough, finally letting the excitement creep in to then be devastated. Wishing you and your family time to heal and your next pregnancy soon xxx

Hope everyone else is doing well. I am 27 weeks today, happy to be entering my final trimester. Starting to feel more nervous about the birth now, with everyone telling me about there nightmare labours. Can they really go for 36 hours?! lol!! Any second timers think it is easier for us IVF'ers because of all the sh*t we have already been through?! Any tips will help :-)

As far as work goes finishing up at 34 weeks as thats what work want. Probably for the best as its going to be a loooong hot summer! Hope your morning sickness is getting better these days @NizzleRizzle @dancingbutterfly Has your due date changed? My original due date was the 16th Feb, then the doc changed it to the 12th Feb, I don't know what date to go by as we did IVF I thought it would be pretty accurate.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Lisa Maria For This Useful Post:

Barca07  (17-11-2015)