Closed Thread
Page 48 of 102 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Great news Barca07 and freakedout44. I bet you're looking forward to that 20 week scan freakedout44!

Travelling well here, almost 23 weeks. Feels strange cos there is literally nothing to buy or do this time around. The two boys will share a room so all we have had to do is move DS1 to the other side of the room so this bubs cot will be under the monitor. I've been unpacking the newborn clothes etc and rearranging the wardrobe for them to share but that's about it.

How are you going with your shopping, nurseries etc?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Glad to hear all is well @Barca07
    I had an ob's appointment today and bubba is still going strong...and is very active! It's like bubs is trying to swim in there!
    Can't wait for my 20week scan next month!!

Anyone putting together a special nursery?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies
    Glad to hear everyone is doing well. Hope everyones scans are going well, and the ladies further along are doing ok in Trimester 3.

I'm currently 17+5, getting a bit of a tummy and tight clothes but thats about all, which Im really thankful for.
    Morning Sickness has only made one return (Monday morning- goodbye breakfast), and otherwise Im feeling good in this Golden Trimester.
    Still no movements yet.
    Ive told my team and boss at work, so its all getting a bit real now. Up until then DP and I were in a bit of a bubble which was really lovely. Now that Ive told work, all the tricky questions are coming out- when to leave work, how long to take off, budgets with only one income. Its all a bit too serious!

DP and I have also had a bit of a money-haemorrage this month. We are knocking off a lot of the jobs we had planned but never got too- A/C, security system, floor sanding and polishing and getting our cars serviced. Between these jobs and the ob's fee due this month, we will be parting with an extra $12k this month. Having a bit of a freak out about what we will do on one income after bubs arrives. EEEK!

We have most of our nursery furniture (Boori, bought second hand), and now the last big ticket items are the pram and the car seat/capsule. We've thrown the car seat/capsule into the too-hard basket for the moment, but will need to get something sorted soon-ish.
    We have gone with a kind-of theme for the nursery of 'colourful'. Going to get one of those rainbow freckle rugs, lots of colourful blankets and keep the walls white. As much as I would love to be organised with a beautiful theme (grey and white with gold highlights for example), Ive just bought too much colourful stuff already!

Has anyone gone all out with a beautiful themed nursery?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow! You are so organised @SJ565!

Your nursery sounds like it is going to be amazing! You will have to post pics when it's done. DH and I are a bit the same, getting our carpets cleaned, buying new blinds etc.
    It's like we have to get everything done before 007 comes or we will never have the time and money to do it again.

We've just finished cleaning out the 'junk' room, which is going to be our nursery. We are also keeping the walls/furniture white but are adding a bit of colour here and there. We are doing an Alice in wonderland theme - but keeping it unisex - so there won't be much of poor Alice herself.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good but cheap boomerang breast feeding pillow. Looking to keep costs down as much as possible.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Your nursery theme sounds awesome, @freakedout44!
    I may sound organised, but our 'nursery' is still our junk room, so you're one MAJOR step in front of us

Thanks
    Reviews
    Your nurseries sound like they will be lovely ladies. Ours is African theme, lots of safari animals - paintings, soft toys etc that we brought back with us on recent trips.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cute theme @SoReady!
    Has everyone else been stalking pinterest?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    You ladies are all so organized!!
    We're going shopping this weekend to suss out nursery things.

I did have a minor freak out though... We're due mid Feb, so want to try and have everything done by Christmas so we can relax for the last few weeks. And then I realised that Christmas is only 10 weeks away!!!! I've got to get a move on... You girls are making me look bad 😉

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't have anything to do this time around except open up the vacuum bags of baby clothes and unpack the newborn clothes for a wash. I only need to get some extra cot sheets as Ds1 will still be in his cot when this one comes along.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @SJ565 yes doing the preg food and exercise 1700cals per day?
    @SoReady I hope your placenta behaves! I have started clinical reformer pilates too, my back feels better already.
    @Barca07 hooray for bump! Its nice when you finally look pregnant not chubby.
    @freakedout44 poor bub is getting a hand me down nursery from DD. She is getting the new room lol!
    In regards to a bf pillow, I bought one for around $50 from babies r us. It is quite solid which I found helped as helps to keep bub up toward your Bs without any neck strain.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to dancingbutterfly For This Useful Post:

SJ565  (15-10-2015)