Closed Thread
Page 41 of 102 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Has anyone started buying baby clothes? I have only bought a couple of nice playsuits so far. Can any of the already mums help with what to buy for a Feb baby? I have no idea whether to buy long sleeve, short sleeve, rompers, tights, socks and how much of everything?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have so many clothes Lisa Maria. DS went through sizes so fast that most of his clothes still look new. He went from 0000 at birth to size 0 by 6 months and size 1 by 9 months!
    The problem I have is they are opposite seasons since DS was a July baby.

I would say if you're in air conditioning I would likely go with a thin long arm/long leg but otherwise I imagine just legless singlet onesies or even just a singlet and nappy of it's really hot.
    I'm just going to get a few more short sleeve/leg less suits and then buy anything else if I need

Thanks
    Reviews
    I feel for you @NizzleRizzle
    I was hospitalised at 10 weeks for a week with ms. I had 6 bags of fluid put thru IV and it was 2 before I could even pee I was that dehydrated. Meds didn't work for me unless the ondancatron was put thru IV. I'm now 17w4d & still get sick but it's only every 3-4 days here and there. I was given a script for 8mg zofran. 4mg did nothing for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by stolz View Post
    I feel for you @NizzleRizzle
    I was hospitalised at 10 weeks for a week with ms. I had 6 bags of fluid put thru IV and it was 2 before I could even pee I was that dehydrated. Meds didn't work for me unless the ondancatron was put thru IV. I'm now 17w4d & still get sick but it's only every 3-4 days here and there. I was given a script for 8mg zofran. 4mg did nothing for me.
    Oh gosh that's awful! I really do feel for you ladies that suffer from ms. I hope you all feel better soon x

Thanks
    Reviews
    For those of us with toddlers, any concerns about carrying, lifting them and being kicked etc? The baby is pretty cushioned in there, right?

I had ds on my lap and could feel bubs inside me kicking away at the weight of him on my belly. I do try be careful but sometimes it's out of my control!

Thanks
    Reviews
    SoReady - lol, yep Im loving the S&V chippies!

Freakedout - thanks, Im so nervous about getting the results! I hate cramping, it scares me. So exciting about your scan, its just amazing how quickly they look like little bubs. Do you have your BT results back yet?

Hilton - lol, thats so funny, hope the fluro pink effect has stopped!

SJ565 - yay for a great result! No, I didnt see the doctor as the cramping has eased again, it comes and goes.

Barca - I had round ligament pain when pregnant with my DD, I just put up with it as I found no solution unfortunately. A heat pack helped somewhat.

LisaMaria - very jealous that at 16w you dont have a belly! Mine is so big already at only 11w; I know that with subsequent pregnancies your belly pops earlier and can be bigger but I swear I look 5 months pregnant already, blaming some of it on the pessaries though (and the S&V chippies, lol)!
    I havent bought any baby clothes as I have alot from my DD who is an April bub. Dont buy much 0000 as they grow so fast you wont get alot of use out of it, unless bub is teeny tiny of course. I would go for long sleeve suits for hospy as its cold there. My DD almost lived in rompers/suits for the first 2 months unless we were going out somewhere important or fancy!

NizzleRizzle - you poor thing with such terrible MS, are you taking anything for it?

OliveOil - I worry about this too, my DD can get rough at times, as 3 year olds tend to do at times! Im pretty sure bub is quite coushined in there, I would probably only worry about really really hard kicks or if they jumped on your tummy.

AFM - been MIA as I could log on to Bubhub! Glad I didnt miss out on too much!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SugarBerry For This Useful Post:

freakedout44  (04-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow @stolz!!! U poor thing. U are so amazing to live thru 17 weeks of this so far. I will no longer be complaining... Ur baby better be an amazing sleeper to make up for this hehe. Hope u've seen the last of ur ms x
    @SoReady thanks. Has ur second pregnancy been much the same as the first? I'm so jealous!
    @SugarBerry yes I've been given zofran also and the meds do help me not to vomit although the nausea is still there hoping it's not for much longer... U should be due for a scan soon right?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to NizzleRizzle For This Useful Post:

stolz  (07-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nizzle - glad the meds are helping with the vomitting but nausea is so horrible! I had such bad nausea with this baby, no vomits but gosh I felt so awful at times - thankfully it has really eased off, it comes and goes but no way as bad! Yes, I have my 12w scan booked for 14 Sept, I will be 12w5d, so excited but nervous too.

Im sooooo annoyed ! I saw my GP this morning to get the results of the Harmony test but they hadnt come through yet, she called the company and everything, so now I have to wait until Monday, booooooo . Another sleepless night coming up

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh NizzleRizzle I'm sorry to hear you're still suffering with nausea.
    Yes both of my pregnancies have pretty much been the same so far. Belly popped early and is quite big for my gestation, no ms but just the very rare bout of nausea which never lasts long. I get extreme hunger in first trimester and pretty much gorge all day but by 2nd trimester of all seems to be back to normal like I'm not even pregnant. I'm 18 weeks tomorrow so almost at the half way point.

Sugarberry that sucks about your harmony results. I hope they come through for Monday for you x

Thanks
    Reviews
    @SoReady. 18 weeks already! That's gone so quick!
    @Lisa Maria. We haven't bought anything yet... We went for a browse in baby bunting last weekend. It was sooo overwhelming how much we need to buy (this is our first bub)!!
    @stolz and Nizzlerizzle. Hang in there girls.... It will all be worth it!!
    @SugarBerry. How frustrating...It's just a big waiting game! Hopefully not too much longer.

All going well here. I'm 16w tomorrow. Round ligament cramps have finally gone!!
    And I have another scan tomorrow probably the only plus side to having a high-risk pregnancy...I get to see Bub every 3 weeks

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Barca07 For This Useful Post:

stolz  (07-09-2015)