+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Ttc after a loss

So I'm currently still bleeding 3.5 weeks after my miscarriage at 5 weeks, this will be my second (I have 1 son). Dh and I want to try again but I'm terrified. I know that the fear of another miscarriage shouldn't stop me but I'm so scared that it's going to happen again and know I'll be disconnected the entire pregnancy if it is a healthy one. Our son was conceived straight after a D&c and was perfect so a part of me wants to try again straight away but I just don't think I can do it. Based on my last 3 pregnancies, I've gotten pregnant pretty much straight away so that's not an issue I don't think, it's staying pregnant that seems to be hard.

What are other people's experiences?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so sorry for your losses. Big hugs to you.

I've been through recurrent miscarriages at 10.5 weeks last yr and most recently 6 weeks last month. I have PCOS so that could be a reason. I do not have any kids yet.
    I'm having trouble believing that I will even have a successful pregnancy at this point. I plan to see a FS next week to shed some light.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had two miscarriages before we got lucky and I'm currently 26 weeks pregnant.

It was hard to really connect and relax early on in the pregnancy for fear of losing her but as the weeks go by the fear slowly goes away and I can enjoy my pregnant and bonding with my baby.

It never leaves you though as it's always in the back of your mind but it does get easier.

Good luck to you xx