+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Ovulation pain

Ever since having dd3, I have been getting terrible pain at ovulation. Since having dd4, its at a point now I am in excruciating pain and pretty much bed ridden for most of the day. Pain killers and hot showers take the edge off but it still has me in tears. I can't take anything stronger (panadine fort etc) because it knocks me out. Honestly, i would rather painful contractions over this pain!! My af is not painful at all, a little uncomfortable occasionally but not painful (oddly enough, it used to be what left me bed ridden and I had no pain around ovulation).

Is it worth seeing my gp? Is there anything they can do other than tell me to take pain killers?

ETA- I put this here as we aren't ttc so didnt feel it belonged in that section.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Subbing, I too have horrific ovulation pain that has gotten worse with children and age, I completely dread it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    What is ovulation pain? As in describe it. I have never had it before so not sure if thats what im feeling now or not 😔

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    For me it's deep gnawing 'metallic ' pain on the side of which ovary is ovulating but I find it more severe on my right side , and I get a migraine normally to that announces itself with vision problems

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok ive just been having period like pains around the time when i ovulate. But only from my right side. And not every month

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used to get this but don't anymore. I went to a naturopath and took heaps of vitamins and it went away after 2-3 cycles. Not sure if it was a coincidence. I was told that when the follicle bursts to release the egg, it has fluid in it which can irritate the abdomen so changing the alkalinity of your body can effect how that fluid feels against your insides. I'm not sure I believe it but it did seem to fix my problem. I used to have to go home from work it was so bad 😫

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by MummaCat View Post
    What is ovulation pain? As in describe it. I have never had it before so not sure if thats what im feeling now or not 😔
    I dont know how to describe it... it feels like my insides are exploding and being sliced open with a knife. It is the worst pain I have ever felt.... honestly my contractions in labour weren't even as bad as this pain. I feel like I am going to be physically ill from it. I cant sit down, i cant stand, i cant move.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Op I am the same. Periods not painful but ovulation kills! I also bloat and sitting up can hurt. I just got diagnosed with endo stage 1 so I wonder if that has something to do with it.. Sorry I cant answer for sure but do go to your doc just incase there is an issue

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SheWarrior View Post
    I dont know how to describe it... it feels like my insides are exploding and being sliced open with a knife. It is the worst pain I have ever felt.... honestly my contractions in labour weren't even as bad as this pain. I feel like I am going to be physically ill from it. I cant sit down, i cant stand, i cant move.
    This was how it was for me too. Stabbing pain, a feeling of tearing/ripping as if my organs were being ripped in half, bloating to the point of not being able to wear normal clothes, unable to stand up properly, and when I sat too abruptly it felt like being stabbed in the cervix. It was horrendous! We were TTC and I couldn't make babies at the right time, it was way too painful. I had surgery and they found mild endo. Removing it helped a little but it was still there. My OB said some women just get the pain, and there's not much you can do except take pain meds or go on the pill. I also had awful pain after egg collections when doing IVF and my FS thinks I must have super sensitive ovaries.

I take the pill, it's the only thing that has worked for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Cue View Post
    This was how it was for me too. Stabbing pain, a feeling of tearing/ripping as if my organs were being ripped in half, bloating to the point of not being able to wear normal clothes, unable to stand up properly, and when I sat too abruptly it felt like being stabbed in the cervix. It was horrendous! We were TTC and I couldn't make babies at the right time, it was way too painful. I had surgery and they found mild endo. Removing it helped a little but it was still there. My OB said some women just get the pain, and there's not much you can do except take pain meds or go on the pill. I also had awful pain after egg collections when doing IVF and my FS thinks I must have super sensitive ovaries.

I take the pill, it's the only thing that has worked for me.
    Yes!! This is exactly how it feels. I vaguely remember when I was younger (mid teens) having a scan and the dr saying something about cysts... but at that stage they weren't causing me pain and obviously being young I didnt think anything of it. My mum has the same thing.... extremely painful around ovulation to the point I remember her screaming in pain... she said the cause but I can't remember. She has endo and a multitude of other issues with her reproductive organs and has had many many surgeries. Nothing has worked for her but she refuses to have a hysterectomy (as has been recommended).

I am too useless to take the pill, plus I HATE being on contraception, it messes with me too much. Sigh. I might have a chat with my dr and see what he says.