+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I am an egg donor and have had it done twice. First time it came back at 8 , two years later it came back at 43. I have done 6 cycles with good frosties each time. I don't hold much stock in it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Useful for me. I have had it done twice in association with ivf treatment. First time my result was actually so high it was higher than the maximum range on the test (from memory the test reports to a level of 150, mine was higher which can be a marker of ovarian cancer so I had to get screened for this and thankfully I was ok). Second time (almost 2 yrs later at age 33) still very high but lower than first time. This made my FS very cautious about dosages throughout my treatment and a very conservative approach. And I still managed to get ohss. So the fact that my super high levels influenced my treatment plan to protect my health means I think it was useful in my situation. I already had a known diagnosis of pcos before having this test too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had it done as part of ivf and mine came in at 5 and I'm 33 so was told I have low reserve. I got tested after 2 miscarriages and FS suspected there could be an issue with quality. I got a second opinion from another FS who said it is unclear whether it is a test of quality so not to worry about that, but it's more a measure of how you might respond to ivf drugs.

I'm glad I did it even though it was sad to get my results at first. If the test was around years ago, I would have loved it because we would have started ttc no 3 a lot earlier instead of waiting a few years. But Ce la vie!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think you have to be careful not to use the AMH test in isolation. I believe it is most useful when coupled with other hormone testing, hence why you see such mixed reviews for its results.
    For me it proved very useful. I had it tested as part of my initial IVF testing - it showed a low AMH of 8 when I was 34. By using this the FS could adjust my drugs and get a good 'haul' of eggs for our first 4 cycles. All of which still did not result in a BFP.

I then had it retested when I changed FS. In 2 years my level had dropped down to 5.1. (Again poor for my age).
    In the end this result was accurate for us as our results for EPU was not as good as previous results (less eggs at EPU, decrease in fertilisation rates).
    Matching with a decrease in AMH levels.

A third AMH test showed my levels had reduced again and a final IVF cycle with our worst results ever helped our decision to move to donor eggs.

In all my extensive testing I did not have any issues with Vit D, adrenal function or any other hormones. For me the AMH testing correlated with a distinct decline in fertility.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Incidentally, my FS said that he only trusts Sullivan Niccolaides' results on the AMH test.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My FS says AMH alone tells you nothing but it is usefull in the broder sense if taken with other blood tests and ultrasound. I.e my high AMH and high LH to FSH (3.9:1) ratio in conjunction with my ultrasound showed him I have PCO. Yet he says so long as I ovulate he sees no issue. AMH was useful in the sense to see why some people do not ovulate as well for example or in my case have longer ovulatory cycles. I don't think its all useless.