+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Lost our baby at 11weeks and quite confused!

Hi all this is my first time posting here and I'm really needing some support!
    2 days ago at 11w3d I woke up to severe cramps and a lot of bleeding with clots. I woke my husband up and we went to the hospital where they checked my bloods and did an ultrasound. The bloods showed my HCG was at 1000 so very low. I had a scan at 6 weeks and baby was in my uterus with a HB! The scan showed nothing no sac or products of conception as they called it! They said it was a complete miscarriage and sent me home! Now the thing I'm confused about it my uterus size was measuring normal! It wasn't any bigger than a normal sized uterus, shouldn't it have been bigger if I was 11 weeks or not necessarily? I overheard one of the nurses say that my uterus didn't look like I was ever pregnant which really hurt and I still have sore boobs and nausea so it's hard to move on as I still feel pregnant 😓

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

First of all that is horrible of that nurse. I am very sorry for your loss.
    It sounds like you have lost the sac.
    There is a chance that not long after your first scan unfortunately your bub stopped growing. It can take weeks sometimes for your body to pick it up and start bleeding.
    Maybe someone else can help in the uterus being small in size.
    But I do know that the uterus goes down in size very quickly. Mine went from 40w to under 12w in 4 days
    My heart breaks for you.
    I know you don't want to think about another pregnancy atm, but my gp always suggests to have the first scan at 8 weeks

I lost a bub at 9w (6w in size)
    Last edited by Kazza78; 01-06-2015 at 10:23.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much this nurse just seemed like I was too much trouble and didn't care at all! They didn't even give me pain Meds 😓
    It took 4 years to fall pregnant so the thought of going through another 4years potentially really upsets me 😓 we heard the HB at our midwife appoint at 9w6d so I think we lost the baby sometime there after which could explain why my uterus is smaller or maybe I had a smaller than average uterus to begin with!?

Thanks
    Reviews

If the dates matched for 9w6d at that scan, then yes unfortunately it had stopped growing sometime after that.
    Xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    How long does it take to feeling like by heart is shattered? I haven't been able to stop crying for 2 days 😓 does it get easier?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I'm so sorry you've had to go through this. I've had two miscarriages and I promise you, it does get easier. It just takes time. For now, let yourself grieve. I think I cried every day for 3 weeks with the first one and then it started to get better for me. The second time was a bit easier as we knew there was something wrong and that it may not work out so we were better prepared.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I probably cried for around 4 weeks. It does get easier, but will always be there. That's hard that it took you guys 4 years.
    How long are you cycles normally?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Usually around 30days I don't even know where to go from here as we did IVF to conceive this baby And we have no embryos left over!

Thanks
    Reviews
    What kind of infertility problems do you have? Or is it your partner?
    I don't know much about ivf

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have unexplained infertility! No reason expect that I have cysts on my ovaries but not PCOS and mild endo!