+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @SAgirl sorry I was at the hospital yesterday, difficult to read through posts on my phone! Which website are you looking at?

I was just looking at the link michellead posted:-

http://www.aboutimmigration.co.uk/re...-national.html

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Beetlegeuse View Post
    Hi. A bit of a tangent. I was born in UK and tried to get DD a UK passport. But she is donor conceived and form I got from Aus Post required father to sign. For Aus passport I could fill in special form to explain no father. Not been able to find same form for UK passport. Can anyone help?
    You'll need to contact the consulate and explain, will require a letter from your OB/GP/Donor Clinic.
    Find your nearest here- https://united-kingdom.visahq.com.au/embassy/australia/

3. The Following User Says Thank You to DT75 For This Useful Post:

Beetlegeuse  (02-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongley View Post
    @SAgirl sorry I was at the hospital yesterday, difficult to read through posts on my phone! Which website are you looking at?

I was just looking at the link michellead posted:-

http://www.aboutimmigration.co.uk/re...-national.html
    Ok thanks, because I think that is old info and if you have a look at the actual www.gov.uk under MN1 guidelines, it no longer says that

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SAgirl For This Useful Post:

Bongley  (02-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Beetlegeuse View Post
    Hi. A bit of a tangent. I was born in UK and tried to get DD a UK passport. But she is donor conceived and form I got from Aus Post required father to sign. For Aus passport I could fill in special form to explain no father. Not been able to find same form for UK passport. Can anyone help?
    The site doesn't say much about this - https://www.gov.uk/get-a-child-passp...d-reproduction

There is a link on that page though where you can do an online enquiry.

I think that maybe they are starting to make it harder on who can apply. Mine is up for renewal soon and I was going to apply a few weeks ago. I had a look at the site last night and it seems things changed on the 29th June. I now have to photocopy every single page of my Australian passport and post that to them. I was born in Northern Ireland and am going to see if I have any claim to an Irish passport.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Emerald26 For This Useful Post:

Beetlegeuse  (02-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald26 View Post
    The site doesn't say much about this - https://www.gov.uk/get-a-child-passp...d-reproduction

There is a link on that page though where you can do an online enquiry.

I think that maybe they are starting to make it harder on who can apply. Mine is up for renewal soon and I was going to apply a few weeks ago. I had a look at the site last night and it seems things changed on the 29th June. I now have to photocopy every single page of my Australian passport and post that to them. I was born in Northern Ireland and am going to see if I have any claim to an Irish passport.
    So you hold a UK passport?
    If you were born in Ireland prior to 1 January 2005 then you are entitled to be an Irish citizen. If you were born on or after 1 January 2005 and one of your parents was an Irish or British citizen, or if either of your parents was entitled to reside in the State or Northern Ireland without any restrictions on his or her residence, then you have an entitlement to Irish citizenship.
    I'm Irish If you meet the requirements of being an Irish citizen above (you don't need a passport to be considered a citizen) then yes, your child can get one.

ETA: You can only hold two passports though, according to Australian law??
    Last edited by DT75; 02-07-2015 at 11:45.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DT75 View Post
    So you hold a UK passport?

I'm Irish If you meet the requirements of being an Irish citizen above (you don't need a passport to be considered a citizen) then yes, your child can get one.

ETA: You can only hold two passports though, according to Australian law??
    Cool, thanks DT. It is for me I was looking for. Yes I currently hold an U.K and Australian passport. I always had to have a U.K one. I have just looked at the Irish site and they say the island of Ireland. I think by that they mean all 32 counties, not just the 26 in the south? I seem to recall that in the Good Friday agreement, it was agreed that those from the north could officially call themselves British or Irish as they could only previously refer to themselves as British, but apart from knowing that, have never thought how it would affect me passport wise. I am Catholic so always called myself Irish, but officially I would have to write British. I wouldn't hold more than 2, I would just not renew my U.K one if I received an Irish one.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Emerald26 For This Useful Post:

DT75  (02-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald26 View Post
    Cool, thanks DT. It is for me I was looking for. Yes I currently hold an U.K and Australian passport. I always had to have a U.K one. I have just looked at the Irish site and they say the island of Ireland. I think by that they mean all 32 counties, not just the 26 in the south? I seem to recall that in the Good Friday agreement, it was agreed that those from the north could officially call themselves British or Irish as they could only previously refer to themselves as British, but apart from knowing that, have never thought how it would affect me passport wise. I am Catholic so always called myself Irish, but officially I would have to write British. I wouldn't hold more than 2, I would just not renew my U.K one if I received an Irish one.
    Fair enough. Yes all 32 are covered.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to DT75 For This Useful Post:

Emerald26  (02-07-2015)