+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Moxy View Post
    What a strange thing for your GP to say regarding the vasectomy. DH had one last year at age 34. We've had two kids are we knew we were done. I wanted to avoid contraception because it doesn't agree with me. Absolutely zero regrets about our decision.
    I know, and it keeps playing on my mind all the time.
    So since your husband had it done do you feel so much better not knowing you are putting anything in your body? This is what I'm tossing up about aswell.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It is your gp's job to give you medical advice. I think the comments RE the snip are highly inappropriate!
    What state are you in? In WA we have Family Planning WA. They are an awesome resource and have heaps of info about contraception options. If I was you I would go and see them to discuss pro's and cons of everything and then you might find it easier to make your choice. Xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mumsrulz View Post
    I know, and it keeps playing on my mind all the time.
    So since your husband had it done do you feel so much better not knowing you are putting anything in your body? This is what I'm tossing up about aswell.
    I do. I was on the pill for 10 years before TTC #1 and haven't been on it since. I have nothing against the pill as such, it just never really 100% agreed with me. I'm fortunate though to have very regular periods and they're not heavy or painful so in that regard, I didn't have a need for hormonal contraception. I still get a bit paranoid about falling pregnant, but that's just a psychological thing not "feeling" like I'm using contraception, IYKWIM. But so far, so good. DH got the all clear 3 months after it was done. Definitely the best decision for us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'm 37 and have had a Mirena in for 2 years. It is AWESOME. My periods are almost non-existent, no weight gain, no side effects at all except the occasional pimple. I highly recommend it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlondeinBrisvegas View Post
    It's made from Progestogen

Well in that case it is another option then

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Ted For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (01-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default The Snip / Mirena or The Pill? I'm so confused!

I have tried a few things and they hadn't agreed with me, I told my ob and he suggested the mirena. It took about 6-8 months for the bleeding to settle but I am going to go get it out as I find sex uncomfortable and painful since it has been inserted. I have basically run out of options but we aren't ready to take any permanent measures (even though we have finished having kids)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    My DH has azoospermia and therefore we don't need any contraception. My periods have always been horrible and after my complicated pregnancy I just couldn't face them anymore.

I have had the mirena in for about a year and love it. Haven't had any bleeding in around 9 months, no side effects it's great. A few ladies I work with also have one and swear by it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    OP...google endometrial ablation. It just might be the answer you're looking for (I can't believe your GP didn't offer it to be honest).