+ Reply to Thread
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Minor sedation for dental procedur

Hi, i hope someone has some advice

My DD2 (aged 6) had to have 2 small fillings done a few days ago. Dentist was very gentle and reassuring, and she got through the local anesthetic ok, but when Dentist had to do a little drilling, DD2 had a total meltdown and the treatment had to be ceased.

We have to go back in 2 weeks to.have the work completed. Is there anything I could give DD2 (prescription or otherwise) to calm DD2 before the procedure? I'm happy to go to the Doctor for a script if he can give me something to settle her before the appointment.

Any ideas? TIA

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had the exact trouble with my 5 year old DS recently. He was fine until the drilling then really freaked out.

The dentist recommended a paed dentist who uses nitrous oxide gas, the same as you'd use in labour. My DS loved it and coped really well. The gas was costly $150 per half hour but worth every cent.
    He was pretty much asleep during the procedure.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 3bubbys For This Useful Post:

Cicho  (31-05-2015)