+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Question What is your opinion?

Have been TTC for 2+ months now and I'm not sure if I might be pregnant???
    AF ended 10th may, had sex on 15th, started getting ovulation type discharge on 17th, also had cramping during this time which never usually happens, on the 19th I noticed a spot of blood in underwear, I've never spotted while ovulating so I'm confused what that was from?
    Ive had sore breasts, constipation, diarrhoea, feeling nauseated, have been randomly getting really hot lately, skin on my breasts,stomach, and back has started flaking a little, Weird metallic tastes and food has been a bit of an off putter, sensitive sense of smell, extreme fatigue, little dizziness, needing to wee more often sometimes etcetera.
    Usually have a period from 16-22 days from the last one, although I've never been regular, but the most common is day 21, lasts for 7days. As soon as it comes it's heavy. But I've been having weird cramping feelings in lower abdomen since Thursday, they're not as frequent today thankfully, I only usually start cramping the day before or usually day of AF arriving and these feel odd. Took a HPT this morning but was negative, took another early this week (clearblue digital) and maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me but when I took it apart there was a blue line?? I have a gp appointment tomorrow and my friend said I should test, but I'm scared of another negative, what are your thoughts?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You shouldn't take apart a CB digital, apparently they always have a blue line; they don't work the same as regular tests. Take an FRER, they are the most reliable early on. As for all your symptoms, I must say that it is extremely rare to have genuine pregnancy symptoms before 5 weeks. And even then they don't really kick in til around 6-7 weeks. If you're actively TTC it's really easy to think you have every symptom under the sun towards the end of each cycle.. believe me I've been there. The only cycle I did actually get pregnant (6th IVF transfer), I didn't really feel anything unusual apart from AF-type cramping after I got my BFP, and swollen boobs just before 6 weeks. Whereas in many other cycles where absolutely nothing happened, I had nausea, frequent peeing, metallic tastes, feeling hot/cold, thirsty, you name it. No matter how real these symptoms feel, the likely scenario is that they are purely psychosomatic or completely unrelated to pregnancy.

Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Use FRER if u want it accurate. 21 days cycle. That's super short. The embryo doesn't have enough time to implant. Do you have luteal phase defect? Irregular period and heavy bleeding. Do you have PCOS? Sorry, I had been through IVF and investigated all sort of problems. From what you are describing, it doesn't sound normal.

Ovulation spotting isn't uncommon. I had it few times in my life. And the first time I got it, I was very confused and didn't know what it was. If your AF cramping is at the right time of implantation, i would think maybe but it doesn't sound like it either.

Sorry a bit blunt to say. Most of these symptoms are psychological. Do a BT to confirm. Good luck. xx hopefully your journey is a short one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you, thought I was going crazy

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not sure if I have pcos, I've never considered it, but my gp wants me to get a pelvic scan to see for abnormalities

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The scan should be able to tell you if you have PCO. It depends on what cycle day you do it, though.