+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Tooth removal and Invisalign

Has anyone done Invisalign and needed teeth out to accomodate it?

My bottom teeth are over crowded and two bottom front teeth are leaning over on to the next one. I have also lost some gum on one of the central bottom teeth. I was reading about Invisalign and people having one of the front bottom teeth removed and the gap closing over and just wondered if anyone here had done it.

I have looked at braces and then said I needed a tooth out but I can't remember which one and I'd rather not do braces if i could do Invisalign- I hate my bottom teeth and they bother me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I got braces instead and hate them, just the look not the results. I have white/clear. Would get metal ones if I had my time again (we eat lots curries etc). So it stains. I'm not sure if you can look into veneers? I'm going to after mine are off. I'm OCD about teeth so I can understand.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had Invisalign and had overcrowded teeth. I didn't need a tooth removed though (thank goodness)

It is great, I love my teeth now! I still sleep with a retainer, as my teeth still move during the day and they need to go back in place!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes! I had this exact problem. I had one of my bottom front teeth removed and then had invisalign to straighten them out. It worked really well

I was worried about the gap being noticeable, but it really wasn't as you can't really see the bottom teeth when talking. It only took about 6 weeks to close over enough that it you couldn't notice even when looking.

No one ever noticed the retainers while I was wearing them either, which was a big thing that I was worried about.

Invisalign is the best thing I've ever done for myself! It's given me so much more confidence, and I actually smile at people and in photos now Go for it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow thank you all so much - I'm currently spending all my time at the dentist having a couple of fillings fixed and a deep clean while its under anaesthetic. I'll go to the periodontist to see what he says but I think the gum is too far gone. Then I'll go back to the orthodontist and have a chat to them

The braces were hideously expensive, is Invisalign costly too? My wisdom teeth I think caused all these problems but I was too terrified to get them out. Karma hey!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ICanDream View Post
    Wow thank you all so much - I'm currently spending all my time at the dentist having a couple of fillings fixed and a deep clean while its under anaesthetic. I'll go to the periodontist to see what he says but I think the gum is too far gone. Then I'll go back to the orthodontist and have a chat to them

The braces were hideously expensive, is Invisalign costly too? My wisdom teeth I think caused all these problems but I was too terrified to get them out. Karma hey!
    6k then 3500 back on phi but you pay monthly so $250 per month. I have a bad over bite. I always forget to put my bands on sometimes I feel like saying take them off!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    6k then 3500 back on phi but you pay monthly so $250 per month. I have a bad over bite. I always forget to put my bands on sometimes I feel like saying take them off!!
    I want your phi, we only get back 2k 😩 and my braces were going to be around 6k too. I've never looked at pricing for Invisalign but seriously hope it's cheaper.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Invisalign was $6K for me, I didn't have PHI at the time. But the ortho put it on a payment plan over 18 months. At the time (not sure if it's all like this?) Bit it was a set price, so even if you needed extra retainers at the end of the course, you wouldn't be charged any extra.

I think you & I are twinnies OP! My overcrowding happened due to wisdom teeth as well...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm looking into this now...

I had braces for 4 years, and got them taken out and fitted for a retainer. By the time the retainer was ready to be collected, my teeth had shifted and it wouldn't fit.
    4 years of work down the drain.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can't help with you're question but I just wanted to say thanks for posting as I've never had of invisalign before so looking into it now