+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Worried about being disappointed.

I am a mum of 3 dd's who I love with all my heart and wouldn't changed anything about them and have been blessed with a surprise #4. I am currently 15ish weeks and am
    Not wanting to sounds ungrateful or selfish but I am worried that when we go for the 20 weeks scan if it's another girl that I will be disappointed. Please don't judge me as I know deep down that I would be happy to have another girl but I would love a little boy. Just needed to get it off my chest. Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Don't feel like you need to apologise! I'm a mum of 3 boys and if I were to have another I'd be in precisely the same boat as you. I would desperately love a DD but would get a boy for sure. It's totally not about feeling ungrateful for what you have, more about mourning what you don't have. I'll cross everything for you 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    gender disappointment,
    I had it both times with my two little sons but you do get over it most of the time I would love a dd and that ache wont ever go away but I couldnt imagine not having one of my boys for a girl

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Congrats on baby number 4! I'm a mum of 4 girls so know what it's like to get told the same sex every time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you all for being understanding. I feel like a horrible mother for even thinking like this but I really would love a little boy. The things is my family have 7 little girls and no boys at all so everyone is always saying gee you better make this one a boy and even though I know that everyone will love this baby regardless of its gender. I would love to give my dh and dad a little boy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i adore my two sons but if i fell pregnant Id be similar Its not about the kids you do have its about the one you dont.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ThenThereWereThree For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (30-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I totally understand. I have one DS and another DS on the way. That's it for us- definitely no more. I've always wanted a DD, so while I love both my boys, there's still some regret that I'll never get to experience being a mum to a daughter. Don't feel bad!

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Don't worry about being disappointed. The good thing about finding out the gender at 20 weeks though is that either way you have time to prepare.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Just sayin... The odds of it being a girl are really really high. If you have two girls already, the third has a 75% chance of being another girl I believe (I have no statistics to back it up its just what I've heard). So after 3 girls there's an excellent chance of another girl.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Another mum of 4 girls here.... when we found out dd4 was a girl at the 20 week scan (after being told she was a he at an earlier scan), i lost my shiz completely. I cried for days. But slowly I came round to the idea (sort of, with the quiet hope the 20 week scan was wrong). But the moment she was born I was in love. I still get sad knowing we will never have a son but i wouldn't change my 4 girls for anything.