+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Has anyone used ING as their bank?

What was/is you experience... Looking at switching but don't know much about them...

Thanks
    Reviews
    We switched recently and have found them to be excellent. Good customer service over the phone, no ATM fees and 2% back on Paywave. Plus there's a comparatively good interest rate on the savings accounts. Only downside is that there are no branches - not an issue for us, but if you like face-to-face service they might not be for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love ING. I have had a everyday orange account with them for 5 years and a savings maximiser for about 4 years.

It's all online, so no branch to go into. I don't pay account fees and I am pretty sure if you use an ATM and withdraw more than $40 they'll refund the ATM fee. At least they used to, it's my bills account so I don't use an ATM often.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The no branch thing is fine with me but DH is trying to get his head around it... Have you used Australia post outlets to do banking? Say if you have a cheque you need to bank?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My home loan has been with ING for 13 years, never had a problem. I rarely go into a bank branch anyway so no branch doesn't bother me and their phone service is good. I'd recommend them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have it now. If you put a cheque in at auspost, it takes FOREVER to clear, like 8-10 business days. I think they clear it into the auspost account and then transfer to ING to put into your account. You can post the cheque directly to them and that's apparently quicker. We haven't had many cheques for payment so we usually just pop it in at the local post office. I haven't had to get a bank cheque or anything yet, but it seems like it would be easy enough. We are overall, very happy with them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I find that when someone pays directly into our account, it tends to go in overnight, which is nice!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We have 4 accounts with them, I love them, can't fault them at all. You get 2% back on your purchase price if you use pay wave, plus they've just changed it so you get the entire fee back from other ATMs no matter how much you take out. Which is good, the other day one of those ATMs charged 3.50 if you weren't with them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep also love ING for the reasons already mentioned. We switched over about 2 months ago and love it - specially the savings on payWave & atm fees.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We had our first home loan through them and had no issues with them. The fees for us to break the loan were very reasonable too...