+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Lightbulb Classroom party bags

Was wondering if it was a good idea to send bubble wands and a small cello bag of lollies as a party bag?
    The bubble wands being those big $1 ones (from kmart, target, big w etc)

I wanted something a bit different to the typical party bag.

Bubble wands will have a personalized sticker with who's bday it is and so will the lolly bags.
    I could tie the lolly bag to the wand with ribbon.
    I dont know.. wanted something a little unique.. any other ideas?
    He'll be turning 7.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Perhaps ask the teacher whether bubble wands would be ok.
    All i can think of with those big bubble wands is how much mess my kids manage to make with them - the spills & drips etc

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    I would never send lolly bags to school. Balloons, stickers, pencils, crazy straws, bubbles but no food stuff.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to FrothyFrog For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (29-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Classroom party bags

So you have to have a party at school as well as home now? I'm not ready for all this. I love bubble wands
    Last edited by lilypily; 29-05-2015 at 19:59.

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Hi OP, it's really lovely that you would want to do something special for your DS's classmates.

Perhaps if you want to give lollies (which would be a bit of a nightmare for teachers as they probably aren't supposed to allow them to be eaten at school) and something messy, you could organise with the teacher to come in right before home time and give them out?

I know some schools have policies re party food in general, so it might be worth chatting with the teacher :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lilypily View Post
    So you have to have a party at school as well as home now? I'm not ready for all this. I love bubble wands
    Its more just a extra special day for the bday child. Something to have fun and cool with the classmates.. (especially because theyll only be a small-ish party, so not all class friends will be coming)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by harvs View Post
    Hi OP, it's really lovely that you would want to do something special for your DS's classmates.

Perhaps if you want to give lollies (which would be a bit of a nightmare for teachers as they probably aren't supposed to allow them to be eaten at school) and something messy, you could organise with the teacher to come in right before home time and give them out?

I know some schools have policies re party food in general, so it might be worth chatting with the teacher :-)
    i was going to be giving them to the teacher in the morning. .. then just before hometime he hands them out...
    ill be doing cupcakes too.. which are always given out as soon as the kids have finished lunch.
    thats the norm at the school.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    I wish we could do cupcakes at DS1'S school but we're not allowed in case someone is allergic to something and doesn't know yet, they don't want their first time to be at school. I think by 5/6 they would have had birthday cake at least once...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FrothyFrog View Post
    I wish we could do cupcakes at DS1'S school but we're not allowed in case someone is allergic to something and doesn't know yet, they don't want their first time to be at school. I think by 5/6 they would have had birthday cake at least once...
    Allergies can appear at any time, especially if you have other allergies.
    I am so thankful the school we have chosen doesn't allow any food to be bought in for birthdays. My dd has allergies and the thought of someone giving her food or eating her allergens around her scares the crap out of me.
    The school we have chosen encourages parents who wish to do something to donate a book to the classroom.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Lincolns mummy View Post
    Allergies can appear at any time, especially if you have other allergies.
    I am so thankful the school we have chosen doesn't allow any food to be bought in for birthdays. My dd has allergies and the thought of someone giving her food or eating her allergens around her scares the crap out of me.
    The school we have chosen encourages parents who wish to do something to donate a book to the classroom.
    Yes, I do understand why and I would never send any food in or let DS1 take something for his own lunch which could cause issues for other kids.
    Just a bit disappointed as I missed out on having cupcakes at school as a child because I had a summer holiday birthday.