+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cheeeeesecake View Post
    Do they use different nappies or wipes at daycare? I would send in your own nappies AND wipes that you usually use at home, maybe he is reacting to something in the products they use? I would also recommend Calmoseptine as a barrier, it is amazing. Best nappy cream i have ever used.
    you get it OTC at the chemist. It is very very thick, and coats the skin in a protective layer. You can put a medicated cream on first (i used hydrozole when it was bad), and then calmoseptine on top. My DD had such bad nappy rash her bottom was bleeding all over (due to food allergies), & my GP told me to use hydrozole & calmoseptine for it. Genius! I have tried literally every other nappy rash remedy on the planet before this, but I wont use anything else now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 26/6/14
    Quote Originally Posted by katandra View Post
    Maybe also look at what he is eating at daycare, I found my DS got really bad nappy rash after citrus foods, once I took the citrus out he didn't have any problems with nappy rash.
    We noticed lots of tomatoey like remnants in his nappy so think that may be a trigger. They have a lot of tomato based pastas i have noticed so will ask if they can avoid giving tomatoes to him

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie Stackedhouse View Post
    You can get corn flour baby powder at the supermarket or chemist. It should be with the baby stuff. Just make sure you read the label. Most have not got corn flour.
    My ds2 has the same problem with daycare and I find it is because they don't wipe properly or they don't change him often enough. But we are in cloth. He gets burn like welts from disposable. If you have a good supply of wash cloths you can try washing at change time with just warm water. Rules out the wipes.
    We have been using wet wash cloths at home the last few days and we pop him in the bath after pooey nappies. At the moment he wont let us wipe so this at least is getting the area clean

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Me&Smooches For This Useful Post:

Sookie Stackedhouse  (30-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have had this at times with DS. I agree that it's sometimes because he's been left for 10-15 min in a soiled nappy - which easily happens when he's happy playing outside as he never wants to come inside, even to get changed. So I know he won't be telling the staff he's soiled.

Also, he eats more fruit there than at home. That seems to increase both the frequency of his bowel movement and the acidity, making it worse.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Me&Smooches View Post
    Will grab some in the morning. He has had lots of no nappy time today to hopefully help. It certainly isnt looking as red and angry until he has a poopy nappy. where would i get corn flour baby powder? @RmumR
    I use the johnsons one from coles/woolies, just read the label to endure you get the cornflour one - curash have a cornflour one too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 26/6/14
    We've just bought daktozin so will hopefully get better quickly now. Will grab some cornflour powder when i grocery shop tomorrow

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Me&Smooches View Post
    We noticed lots of tomatoey like remnants in his nappy so think that may be a trigger. They have a lot of tomato based pastas i have noticed so will ask if they can avoid giving tomatoes to him

We have been using wet wash cloths at home the last few days and we pop him in the bath after pooey nappies. At the moment he wont let us wipe so this at least is getting the area clean
    Yes this is what we do to. He hates getting wiped when it hurts.
    We also find that giving him Juice, even watered down, makes it worse.